Koi n Garden Yin n Yang

Grower Instnk

Hello everyone, As you can see from the pictures below I am currently using the General Hydroponics 18 site aero flo 2. Which I converted into a true NFT Setup. Instead of using a pump that was inside the reservoir I installed 1" grommet for side drain to my External Water Pump.
Right now The plants are suspending on (Cling-Wrap, Stretch-Tite). Which I had used to mummify the Grow Channels, Gives more Stability, I mean Yeah I could use Schedule 40 PVC Elbows and T's to build a table, But like I said, I am living in an Apartment which is not mine, and I am very thankful that my land lord allowed me to install a 1000 gallon Poly Tank for 9 medium sized Koi in his Garage. Temporarily That is :Namaste:
IMG_0008349.JPG
IMG_0007352.JPG

IMG_0021226.JPG

The picture on top is most recent, I have 9 kois with 6 of them being japanese, Doitsu, Kohaku, 4 Plat Ogon. I DO NOT RECIRCULATE OR WILL I EVER DARE RECIRCULATE MY HYDROPONIC SOLUTION INTO MY INDOOR POND. There I said it. And I will continue to follow that rule of thumb. I do not use Tap water for my pond, I converted the stealth RO 100 into a Sediment and Carbon filter for better Water. But Last I recall, I dont think Koi enjoy the sterile environment, Even though my water looks see through, This Poly Tank pond is 2 years old. With some of the fish being 3 - 5 years old. Pump I am using is a 6300 Gph Artesian 2 Pump, Water is side bottom drained into the Filter with Large media than it is pressurized by a large pump into my 4000 Gal Pond / Pool Filter. Which is then flowing into a manifold / Waterfall created with PVC Pipes, and drill bit / Soldering iron.

This picture below was from 2 years ago.
I am not boasting, Just wanted to show everybody, How I worked a compact NFT Setup for 12 plants in a 5x5 grow tent, Last Thing I can remember was Back wash your system when signs of plant stress or dirty reservoir. And use RO Water or dechlorinator, same stuff my koi uses, keep the PH 6.0, and slowly rise nutrient level, Plus temperature was a horror in the summer. This Photo grow room hit 90's with AC on and water chiller and fans. Growing is tough when you cant drill Ventilation holes in your roof, or Attic or Garage. That was exactly What I had to deal with. I am using the aeroflo right now for vegetables in a slightly opened garage. Mainly Pepper and tomatoes wit low wattage lights.
IMG_0016254.JPG

As a moral to my growing Experience... If you cant beat the Heat.... Reduce Wattage or Move out of So Cal.

I love your setup I actually have a 200 gall fish tank I'm doing the same thing with but growing herbs no chemicals at all just the fish waste and it make really nice plants. Keep up the awesome work

Back
Top Bottom