Kushwreck & Others - Soil - HPS - CFL - 2014 - First HPS Grow

Re: Kushwreck+More/ Soil/ HPS+CFL/ 2014 (first hps grow)

I feel the same way, im not going to write in a journal that nobody is looking at, i can do that on a piece of paper at my house (which i actually do also). I wish i had time to reply to more journals on here, but right now i have 3 that i check every day. Mine, yours and equanitys. So just remember even if i dont reply i am keeping tabs. You seem like good people.

dude i do the same thing, i have a notebook that have the notes from the last 2 years of growing, it helps to do that cuz then you can always look back at what went on. for instance, i used to only grow 12/12 from seed to finish, and i found that ALL my plants would show sex around day 23, so therefore it takes a plant around 3 weeks till its mature.

UPDATE:

Went and got a couple fans today, got another 4 inch, and a 9 inch. and damn is the 9 inch overkill for my area. takes up a little too much space to mount on the wall, so ill probably just put in in the veg area once i finish, i dont plan on having that area as packed as this one. that or put it on the ground facing up once the plants get to be full size. for now i just used the 4 inch i bought and mounted it on the wall, between that and the other 4 inch fan the plants are dancing like crazy, definitely going to build some strong stems.

And the plants are looking great, didnt get burned by the light feeding of nutes. ( i know i said i wasnt going to feed until later but that was before i have veg nutes )

Fans

IMAG038317.jpg

They meant this, this thing is alot faster than the other 4 inch fan i have.

IMAG038422.jpg

they started the growth spurt.

IMAG038621.jpg
IMAG038516.jpg
IMAG038719.jpg
IMAG038821.jpg

Nice, dont you love new toys! The girls have grown a lot since your last pics. They are coming out of the seedling stage. Almost time to start growing techniques like topping or LST. Im not sure if you have said anything about that, do you plan on doing anything with them?

ill probably just top it once or twice, depending on how they fill out after the first topping. ill be doing that sometime in the next week

I topped a couple of mine a couple weeks ago. The only thing i dont like is how much it slows their growth down. The oned i topped are just now popping their two little top branches up, and that was from two weeks ago. I think next i would like to try LST, and you get to keep your top cola. Have fun with it though, experimenting is always the best choice! :)

I topped a couple of mine a couple weeks ago. The only thing i dont like is how much it slows their growth down. The oned i topped are just now popping their two little top branches up, and that was from two weeks ago. I think next i would like to try LST, and you get to keep your top cola. Have fun with it though, experimenting is always the best choice! :)

im just lazy, ive LST'd before and its just more work, more time checking and tying down plants. and i have more experience topping so im just going with what i know works for me.

how many watts are you running? i can only assume that the more light there is the faster a plant will recover, also take into factor that your plants have gone thru a little bit of stress early in life from the mg soil, so that will deff effect haw fast it recovered from topping. normally it takes a week to fully recover from topping.

UPDATE:

Picked up another bag of soil today so i transplanted the girls. few other new updates youll see in the pictures too.

is this technically a soil-less mix? since it doesn't mention it in the ingredients?

IMAG039217.jpg
IMAG039123.jpg

lookin up at her new home.

IMAG039323.jpg

i wouldn't exactly call this root bound yet, but this is right where i want it when transplanting. and the roots are healthy as shit, look at that fuzz!

IMAG039417.jpg
IMAG039721.jpg
IMAG039815.jpg

Happily at home

IMAG040316.jpg
IMAG040215.jpg
IMAG040412.jpg

been trying to think up a way to filter my intake air from dust and pollen, and this is the quick fix i came up with, just a regular furnace/central air filter, cut into small squares.

IMAG040513.jpg

UPDATE:

made a DIY CO2 generator out of a 2L bottle, some rubber hose, 1 cup sugar, 1 1/2 tsp yeast, and warm water.

IMAG040914.jpg
IMAG041016.jpg
IMAG041212.jpg
IMAG040613.jpg
IMAG041318.jpg
IMAG041410.jpg

plants look good, no drooping or anything like that from the transplant, i thought i was going to have a problem because i barely gave them any water when i did the transplant. i plan on topping soon, few more days to get used to the new pots and then ill do it. im gunna top right after the second or third node.

IMAG041512.jpg

Lookin very good man! Good job. I am also going to check out the diy co2. Do you know how much it puts out? The only way to measure would probably be putting a balloon on it and measure expansion.

not very much the way i did it, if i put the end of the hose in a glass of water it only bubble every second and a half or so, but hey its better than nothing. and if you were to make one with more than one bottle it would produce more and at a faster rate

They have gotten much bigger! It looks like you are around 2 weeks? The fun begins soon, seems like as soon as they hit 3 weeks they start putting on some good size. I like watching this timelapse video on youtube, it shows the plant and weeks grown perfectly. Type in "dutch passion timelapse" on youtube and look how fast they grow after week 3!

They have gotten much bigger! It looks like you are around 2 weeks? The fun begins soon, seems like as soon as they hit 3 weeks they start putting on some good size. I like watching this timelapse video on youtube, it shows the plant and weeks grown perfectly. Type in "dutch passion timelapse" on youtube and look how fast they grow after week 3!

YUP! 13 days to be exact. i plan on starting to bump up the nutes so theyre really gunna blow up now, i can definitely see a difference with this HPS as opposed to using strait CFL's also.

just packed up my mid day bowl, gunna go check out that video haha :bong::popcorn:

UPDATE:

roots already popping out the bottoms of the new pots, so i topped the 4 older purple karma today. i did 2 with scissors, and 2 by hand, lets see if makes any difference.

IMAG043012.jpg
IMAG042916.jpg
IMAG042315.jpg
IMAG042515.jpg
IMAG042614.jpg
IMAG042715.jpg
IMAG042812.jpg
IMAG043117.jpg

Oh ya, that hps will do magic in there! Be careful with the nutes though, i just cooked mine a little on there first feeding. The damn MG soil trapped in their rootball is causing me a lot of frustration..

well ive already given them two light feeding and they seem to love it. and yea i did, saw a few from dutch passion actually, really interesting the way they did it

well ive already given them two light feeding and they seem to love it. and yea i did, saw a few from dutch passion actually, really interesting the way they did it

If your babies like it, keep it coming! And ya the vids give me an example of what to expect growth wise, they were all autos though. Still cool videos with the white background and all.

Back
Top Bottom