First Timer! 150w HPS - Bag Seed

Re: First Timer! 150w HPS...Bagseed

ANOTHER UPDATE!!!

Kesha started showing spots on here lower leaves for some reason...I haven't given her any nutes prior to this day.Someone help me out here! And I was so worried about Kesha getting root-bound so I transplanted her into a 4gal bucket today. Her roots were on the verge of coming out of the drain holes when i took her out the party cup. Sorry for not takingp pix, I was just trying to rush her in the new soil to reduce the shock. Gave her a very dilute feeding of nutes also.

Can you see where the spots are? the light green ones...
leave_spots.jpg

After the transplant...droopy leaves
kesha_4-16.jpg

I started to LST woman last night, and she's already bouncing back!! Growing new spurts, and reaching for the light!!!

Last night...
lst112.jpg

Today...as you can see she's no longer facing sideways and her steam is already going upward!!! Quick question though..when do i start trimming leaves so that the new growth can go all the glory/light? Now?
woman_4-16.jpg

And here's the baby of them all...IDK
She's sharing a room with Kesha.
idk_4-16.jpg

Group photo...everybody see WEEEEEED!
eve_4-16.jpg

Just topped IDK. I know I shouldn't of, but I did. Before I start buying seeds, I would like to see what I can and can't get away with. This way I won't waste my money and time by my stupid mistakes. And it looks like Kesha is already bouncing back. Her leaves have already straightened up.

Okay, Your doing things i was doing when i 1st started growing, If your going to LST your plant u want to make sure you got another wire pulling the oppiste direction cuz u will hurt the stem site to the roots, u kinda want the stem to the roots stright up and the rest of the stem going the oppsite direction, Another thing your plants are showing a little over watering how u see them drooping down a lil, just let the soil get a little dryer for a few hours to a extra day and if u can control that they will exploed everything else seams good! your going to need to get some more lights on them when there bigger and there going to need more soil in there as well they will get root bound. keep it up tho!! you have improved alot! :D cant wait to see them grow!

*EDIT if you could fill that Red Pot all the way that plant would be set, and the littleone give a big pot and just re fit the lighting so they all get good coverage remeber CFL only get like 2 inchs of light then the Lumens start to drop big time

Thanks a lot. I appreciate it! What I was doing with Kesha (the one in the red pot) was transplant her deep and let her grow then just keep adding soil. I read where if you cover the stem it will eventually put out roots. In Woman's pot (self-water pot) the soil stays moist for a while. I really don't water that much. Also, I'm using these lil' hair pins to LST her for now. Her stem isn't getting any restrictions at all. I'll take better pics when they wake up here in a few. And I plan on purchasing (3) more 42w CFLs. Putting my lumens at 16,800

Germinating 5 or 6 seeds right now. Just put one of them in my new 3gal grow bags. Again, I plan to grow deep and just keep adding soil like im doing with Kesha I used up all my soil that I had so I definetly need to get some here soon before the others start popping.

I think I see lil sports coming of ID also...YES. A successful topping. My first one at that!!!

I believe Kesha will surpass woman. But both are doing great. Kesha just wants it more I guess.

Also looking at breeding. And I'm very interested. But I need to get a couple more grows under my belt before I do that

I think woman is stunted. She's growing, but just not as fast as Kesha. And I really think she's going to surpass Woman here in a couple of days. I only gave here a very dilute feeding, maybe I should give her more? And she seems to burn very easily. If I put her further from the lights, all she's going to do is stretch, and I don't want that with a closet grow. I unpinned her from the hair pins, so she can get closer to the light and maybe begin growing again.

Woman

She burns very easily...my temps never reach over 85

I think something took a bite out of Kesha!!! I woke up yesterday and found this on just ONE of her leaves. I hurried and checked under all the plants and the soil to see if there were any bugs, but I didn't see any. And it was only on this part and only on this plant. Anyways, she's growing great and fast! She is now my favorite. I really hope she's a female. It'll be my first one!

Here's the damage...

Underneath

top...really green, beautufil and smells when you get close!!

Here's IDK after the topping. She's gettig new growth on top if I really look hard. Hopefully you can see it too

what's wrong with her leaf?

nuts burn?

uhmm...? you meant nute burn right? and IDK has never had nutes, just plain water. Woman got a little feeding of nutes, but her leaves look more like heat stress, but she burns so very easily. So I don't know what I should do except move her further from the light and see how she goes.

Put woman and kesha into 12/12. When the lights are off, I put IDK and my new sprout outside until the lights come back on. Wondering how these plants will look like with sunlight and a combo of CFLs???

Sorry for not updating as often as I would like.

1. The plant that I topped; I threw out.
2. I have kept woman and kesha.
3. Woman and kesha are very stunted. Woman should be way bigger than kesha.
4. I've put them into flowering, just because I don't feel like wasting my time on bringing them back and then they turn into male.
5. Woman is ACTUALLY A WOMAN. I know I'm not blind, and I see a couple white pistils coming out of her!!! Nothing on kesha yet, which is surprising since she is bigger then woman, but not older. So that might explain it.
6. I've lolli-popped kesha because she had severe nute burn. I've tried flushing so many times, but it just kept eating!!! I just did this last night so hopefully she recovers.

Since they're sleeping right now. I'll have pictures updated when they turn on!!!

So here's the pictures!!!

Here's woman...something stunted her really bad. she grows very slowly and is actually older than kesha, even though looks are deceiving.
I turned both of them, just because things were going bad with both plants, and didn't want to waste any more time with them. And I didn't want to throw them out because of what time I did put into them. My lil' patience paid of with woman and she turned into a full blown girl. I'm kicking myself right now though, because I could have a way bigger yield for my first grow. Do you think I could harvest, put her back to VEG and still get a straight female or will I have a chance of hermie?
woman_5-18.jpg

Here's the best shot I could of the pistils
pistils_5-18.jpg

I'm also angry at myself at the way I treated Kesha. I gave her a dose of nutes, which I thought was very dilute and weak. And she never recovered. I flushed her with bottled water for a couple of days. Put her in a new 3gal grow bag and gave her some new soil with the transplant. All her beautiful leaves got burned and just dried up. I cut them off. Hopefully the new growth comes in strong, even with flowering introduced already. If not oh well...trial and error I guess.

kesha.jpg

And here's the setup so far. I know I need to get more lights, but bills come first. And I haven't had any spare cash lately.
2008.jpg

So I did some digging, and decided to put Woman and Kesha back to veg. I"ve read that forcing sex on your plant and then reverting back to veg wont hermie the plant. It'll just take up a lot of time. Veg for a lil, flower, veg, back to flower. Even though Kesha hasn't showed her sex yet, woman has, and that's all that matters to me right now. I want to get a decent amount for my first grow all the way through, and I want it to get at least 14g. I know it's going to take up a lot of time, but at least I know the sex and she's worth the wait.

Sorry for the month+ hiatus. Been kinda busy with work.

Here's an update on the garden.

All other plants are gone, except Woman.

As stated earlier, I put her back into re-veg mode, because I didn't like the size of her. So I vegged all last month, with very little growth. She's very stunted and should be waaaay bigger considering she's almost 4 months old!!! So I put her back into flowering at the beginning of this month. I think she hasn't shown any more white hairs because of light leaking inside the closet. I have built a new cab for it, and will get pix of it tonight. Very discouraged about this attempt, but I am not giving up. I have a couple more bag seeds germinating right now.

What's your opinion? Should I scrap this attemt; chop woman and start over with the germinated seeds. Or smoke some more and see how Woman turns out? Also she gets burned very easily. And I don't see how when I'm only using (3) 42w cfls and temps hardly ever go over 80F.

Well here she is, the black string is for my lst, which you can see is the only thing that has worked for me.
woman1.jpg

And here's something strange. I checked on her last night, and I see this new growth just sprout out the soil?
Is this a new plant?
wtf13.jpg

wtf_2_.jpg

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info! :blushsmile:

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

Back
Top Bottom