Kushy's Pineapple Chunk

Kushy Keef

Hey gang, I invite you all to follow my progress and I welcome all the input that this community can offer.

First I would like to let everyone know this is my first indoor grow and my only other previous experience was with soil (no pH or special nutes) and that was long ago. Now that I have the space and time for this I'll be going for a DWC/RDWC Drip system (drip only for first few weeks) and the possibility of a low pressure aeroponic/DWC hybrid for the flowering stage. Lastly, I'm certain this sounds a little ambitious for a first time indoor hydro setup but I have spent the better part of the last few moths reading and studying on here and everywhere else :)

Gear:

lights

- 1000w MH/HPS digital ballast and bulbs (6500k & 2700k), ballast dimmable to 50%, 75% and 100%
- XXL 24X22 air cooled/glass sealed reflector hood

Cooling/Air

- 240 CFM duct fans, 3 EA
- 25ft 6" reflective ducting
- A/C fed inline air source
- Digital temp & humidity monitor
- large piston 4 way air pump/ 2 EA
- 25ft clear air tubing
- 1inch air stones, 8EA
- 6 inch air stone

Hydro

- 5 gallon buckets, 10 EA
- 1/2 irrigation tubing for draining
- 1/4 drip feed lines to ring attachments, 4 EA
- 1 dozen 1/4 tube plug spray nozzles for aeroponic option
- 390 GPH water pump
- 4 way 1/4 line manifold for drip/spray
- Hydroten growing media
- Rockwool starting blocks (self cut to 1X1 for germinating)

Nutrition & Water

- GH flora 3 part series
- GH pH up & down
- GH pH test kit (liquid) - digital meter on order*
- Distilled water for first few weeks then RO

Misc

- Timer, 15 min intervals
- Heavy duty light hangers
- 4X4 grow tent (amazon, $150'ish)

Pictures of my gear will be up shortly (reading about "how to" right now).

Stay happy,
Kushy

Subbed. you are using everything I want to be using, but lack of funds and poor growing space restricts me. I suggest adding a direct link to your journal in your signature just like I have. This way, every time you post on another thread, a direct link to your journal will be included which will attract more people and thus more advice. Just scroll to the top of any 420 Page and click the "Settings" icon and then click "Settings" again in the drop down menu.

The following page you should find a bunch of options, but look through the ones on the left side of the page. Find the one that says "Edit Signature" and click it. On the following page, find a box similar to the one used to post a thread. Just type in whatever title you want the 420 world to see. then hold down a left click and drag the cursor over all of that text so it is all highlighted with blue. Just above there find the hyperlink icon and click it;
hyperlink.JPG

Paste the link to your journal in there and click save. Done.

Can't wait to see your setup and your girls!! +REPs for the journal and preparations!!

Sub'd, sounds like you got quite the setup. looking forward to pics.
Welcome to:420: grow forums, tons of help around here if you run into any probs, so don't be shy. ;)

Good luck with your grow.

Kushy, when the wheels get turning, do you plan on using a carbon filter? If yes, I don't think those fans will be able to carry the load. I could be wrong about them, but I had an inline fan like that a few years back for something else, and it did not move air the way I thought it would. I did a little research about why not and as it turned out, they were designed for existing HVAC applications and were to be used for already moving air. Though I hope to be wrong about this, but I think you might need to get a blower type inline fan to muscle through the resistance that a carbon filter would have.

Great setup otherwise. I really am looking forward to see your gear in action.

Skybound, your inquiry is inline with a current concern of mine regarding flow. I have my eye on a larger duct fan - 450 cfm but I think I could get away with the three for the veg stage and have a filter to match by then. Good call.

Stay happy,
Kushy

For veg, I'd definitely bet you're safe. I only have 2 little PC fans @ 110CFM each gently pushing through my carbon filter, but still pushing. Had I used my HID, the girls would've fried already. Maybe get some of those foam like carbon filter inserts that you can stuff in the duct work somewhere until you get the rest. At first there won't be smell, but then it just sneaks up on ya and you're like "oh shit".

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom