L.A. Affie - LED - 3x3 Indoor Tent

Update:

Here you can see that the tips of some of the buds leaves are getting a slight tint of purple. Getting bigger every day.

MG_42971.jpg
MG_4296.jpg
MG_42931.jpg
MG_42981.jpg
MG_42951.jpg
MG_42941.jpg

Oh yeah! I see it! If you want those to get REALLY purple. Try to drop the temp in the tent with the lights off. You can get those buds straight up purple/black with the right temperature :)

Those are some gorgeous buds my friend. So frosty. I bet they smell wonderful :)

Oh yeah! I see it! If you want those to get REALLY purple. Try to drop the temp in the tent with the lights off. You can get those buds straight up purple/black with the right temperature :)

Those are some gorgeous buds my friend. So frosty. I bet they smell wonderful :)

Ya my tent is in my bedroom, so it has fresh air. It gets to around 60F here right now at night. It's not a deep purple, but a nice tint. I cant wait to try these buds, but I know that's at least a month away, probably more like 2.

Looks good, thanks for posting this. Look forward to finished results.

nice pics on the ladyZ ! goodwork keep it up :goodjob:

Thanks! They already smell incredible and while they aren't the biggest buds, they are super frosty. I'm lovin LED's, really low electricity bill, super low heat, I can adjust the spectrum through my light, don't have to buy a ballast... so many positives.

YES YES YES! Just found out that I got a full time job at a great and very well known interior design company. I'm a production artist and this job is what I've been waiting for! I graduated college in June and have been looking for jobs since then but haven't had any luck besides here and there freelance gigs. FINALLY, I got a full time, well paying ($30/hr), job! I'm so happy I just had to post this. Cheers, stay Dank!

UPDATE:

Did some more defoliation to open up the canopy and get more direct light to not only the tops of each bud, but also the sides of each bud!

Very dank. The girls have liked being defoliated throughout the grow so I think this will only help them even more. :)

The 2nd picture is where I see big empty spots in the SCROG. This is my first SCROG ever, and I know it looks like I didn't train them correctly, but there is a branch in each one of those squares. They have just grown and trained themselves to go up towards the light, which makes me think that I could probably fit 2-3 branches in each square of the net. I may try this next time. Anyways, happy weekend! :allgood:

MG_43101.jpg

upclos.jpg

MG_43071.jpg

zoom-5.jpg

MG_43081.jpg

I ask because I am trying to determine if led is cost effective, and your results would lead to a conclusion. B4 to much is said, please note that we live in a very cold area and without venting lights or leaving the glass on reflectors, we still have to supplement heat when lights are off and with fans on we can keep the room at an average of 72 degrees, 24/7. That's running 4 750 watt hid's. We'll be switching to 6 of same this season, and I'm not sure what that will mean. What brand of led are you using?

Also noted that you asked about flushing: we flush for 2 weeks and use Sugaree, not for flavor, but for increased trichome production. We would do 3 weeks, per harborside's recommendation, but we are usually all organic so I don't see the need for three.

I ask because I am trying to determine if led is cost effective, and your results would lead to a conclusion. B4 to much is said, please note that we live in a very cold area and without venting lights or leaving the glass on reflectors, we still have to supplement heat when lights are off and with fans on we can keep the room at an average of 72 degrees, 24/7. That's running 4 750 watt hid's. We'll be switching to 6 of same this season, and I'm not sure what that will mean. What brand of led are you using?

Also noted that you asked about flushing: we flush for 2 weeks and use Sugaree, not for flavor, but for increased trichome production. We would do 3 weeks, per harborside's recommendation, but we are usually all organic so I don't see the need for three.

Nice, ya I can't mention the brand of LED I'm using because they're not a sponsor here... PM me.

I'm going to probably do one more feeding today or tomorrow and then run around 12 gallons of pure RO water through each plant and only water with pure RO water from here on out.

LEDS's are very cost effective. My electricity bill is $40 right now running the light 12/12, with a fan, etc.. and I have a 48inch LED TV on a lot so that adds to the bill as well.

cost effective to one may not be to another. if you get 400 grams your result may be comparable, but then I don't know this strain. i say that because you were saying your leds are equal to a 400 watt bulb, and a gram per watt is the bare minimum for a scrogged grow.
i just did a cost analysis on a led system and found it would take 19 runs to pay for them with the savings in electricity. that was brand specific though, so your's may be different. a friend stated that it would work in his room because he is running a major air conditioning unit with hid's, and the lower temps of leds would negate that need. so it's all relative.

Back
Top Bottom