Landrace Genetics 101

Thai
257375.jpg
NICE!!!

Good afternoon, Tropics.
Can you tell us a little about your Mulanje?
You seem to be very fond of her.
Yes!
Mulanje is one of my absolute favorite Africans, the smell can be pineapple the taste leaves a creamy sweetness on the palate and the high can be racey/trippy but manageable Though she is a bit wild some plants stretch and can be wispy just needs some elective work. I got a dwarf line through selective breeding that is tight node very productive for her size uniform. BUT herms! UGHHH! So back to square one.

Hello again, Tropics.
Can you tell us about the ideal light schedules for an indoor grow of Mountain Gold?
You mentioned, in one of your previous posts, something about gradual reduction of photoperiod.
Can you elaborate?
Kind regards.
Mountain Gold can be dropped right down to 12/12 but needs a longer veg time for great bud development and optimum potency. Clones from older plants work great for indoors or plants can be brought on to finish. I repot plants at a 45 degree angle to control height just before I bring them in. But they will put out a very nice crop if left outside at Lat42 North by end of Sept to second week Oct. Very mold resistant lust mind your nutes outdoors at starting the middle of flower especially the nitrogen.

Your description of the pineapple warms me. It was the best growing up. Used to let my mate stick his hand into the jar and grab as much as he could for his birthday every year after harvest. The high was pretty trippy and very up. There is also a candyfloss vibe that is pretty similar yet a little racier.

Yes!
Mulanje is one of my absolute favorite Africans, the smell can be pineapple the taste leaves a creamy sweetness on the palate and the high can be racey/trippy but manageable Though she is a bit wild some plants stretch and can be wispy just needs some elective work. I got a dwarf line through selective breeding that is tight node very productive for her size uniform. BUT herms! UGHHH! So back to square one.
Nice!
Do you think you could use males from you Pineapple Banana Bud line to try to breed out the hermaphroditic trait from your Mulanje dwarf line?

Mountain Gold can be dropped right down to 12/12 but needs a longer veg time for great bud development and optimum potency. Clones from older plants work great for indoors or plants can be brought on to finish. I repot plants at a 45 degree angle to control height just before I bring them in. But they will put out a very nice crop if left outside at Lat42 North by end of Sept to second week Oct. Very mold resistant lust mind your nutes outdoors at starting the middle of flower especially the nitrogen.
Thank you Tropics.
I appreciate your generosity, as I'm sure everyone does, in sharing experience, knowledge and tips about your strains.
I like the 45 degree repotting angle trick.

Nice!
Do you think you could use males from you Pineapple Banana Bud line to try to breed out the hermaphroditic trait from your Mulanje dwarf line?
Possibly but it would add the height back in I do have other lines from the same Mulanje that have been fine and Mulanje seed from a generous fellow grower on here.
Also I suspect if the dwarf line was grown outside in a subtropical area they may not herm some sativa are less adjusted to being grown under lights.
I am currently germinating Mulanje X Big Sur holy weed and Mulanje X a very lemony heirloom strain that is a 50/50 just to assess what they look like. But I will also keep Mulanje pure also.

BSHW has always intrigued me. Given your other "old" strains I suspect that what you have goes back a ways. I see it offered here and there, but undoubtedly it’s been mixed. Any suggestions as to who might carry a more "purer" BSHW?
Hey buddy!
Got my Big Sur from a gent on forums some time ago and I was told mine came from Kangyu {spell check}??? in Cali, if memory serves me but it is a bit fuzzy after a three day commute. Not 100% sure of his strain purity, but from my research it seems to be the best representation?
Maybe someone here could clarify. All I can say is I like this representation and it is very stable.

Back
Top Bottom