Landrace Genetics 101

mandalaseeds.com Search for Ace and/or Green Mountains Seeds. Great customer service, free seeds, very responsive.

The last time I ordered there was an issue with Brexit disrupting their shipping. All US shipments were going through Miami (Normally through NYC or other Northern ports) They were concerned my seeds wouldn’t get through customs (I live in Michigan) so Mandala, recommended they hold my order until things cleared up. It was a few weeks, but seeds arrived safely.

Hey Tropics, Purple Satellite sounds like a wonderful sativa strain to try. Which seed bank distributes your seeds? I've had great grows thanks to ACE seeds but now they don't ship to the US. I'm looking to start an indoor grow this Fall.
Hello Parnelli!
ACE supplies many seed banks You can use suggestion above or just google strain you are interested in and seed banks pop up.
Hope that helps!

Medmanmike, I live in MI too. I'll look up your suggestions for a seed supplier and try one of them out. Thanks!

i got mine from our wonderful people at The Vault and came in their original packaging for me in a southern Ontario with discrete shipping

Oaxacan Gold
Green pheno harvest

OAXACAN GOLD Orignal green pheno 003.JPG

OAXACAN GOLD Orignal green pheno 007.JPG

OAXACAN GOLD Orignal green pheno 009.JPG

OAXACAN GOLD Orignal green pheno 014.JPG

OAXACAN GOLD Orignal green pheno 027.JPG

OAXACAN GOLD Orignal green pheno 032.JPG

OAXACAN GOLD Orignal green pheno 040.JPG

OAXACAN GOLD Orignal green pheno 054.JPG

EhCndGrower, thanks for the tip re The Vault. They’ve got quite a selection of Ace. I didn’t see any of the Green Mountain Seeds which I favor. I’ve noticed that many of Ace's distributors don’t carry Ace's secondary brands, ie GMS.
True North carries ACE seeds and at least the Green Mountain Grape. I did not look to see which carry other ACE strains by G.M.S.

Hello tropics,
I just popped some Mountain Gold beens. Any tips for growing her indoors?
Kind regards.
Hello Lone green!
Mountain gold is a wonderfully pure Sativa no longer being produced so nice to hear someone growing them. Being the Sativa line that they are they will want to stretch. My best grows have been long veg times outdoors then brought inside to finish flower, though they will finish out by end of Sept to one week into Oct. at 42 degrees North outside, and are incredibly mold resistant. Because of there long veg time requirement to achieve chronological maturity clones off two month or so old plants will yield much larger and more dense more potent buds than their seedling counterparts with a bit less stretch more bud weight and higher potency indoors. Below Oaxaca clones the mother to Mountain Gold 16 plants in two gallon pots in a 4 x 4 ft area yielded 1 LB.
Hope this helps.

29011969822788830_big.jpeg

Thank you tropics.
Since winter is coming soon here at 49 degrees north, this will be a full indoor grow. I'm planning on making F2's and see if epigenetics can help acclimatize her. Hopefully, I will be able to grow her outside next summer and bring her to maturity before the first frosts, which occur around the end of September here.
Is there anything you can say about phenotypes of MG?
Regards.

Hello medmanmike,
Sure, why not. I'm new here; is there a tutorial on how to strart a journal?
Thanks.
For what it's worth, I germinated (36 hrs - paper towel method) 10 seeds and 8 popped. The seed skins seemed thick and I did not scuff them.

Thank you tropics.
Since winter is coming soon here at 49 degrees north, this will be a full indoor grow. I'm planning on making F2's and see if epigenetics can help acclimatize her. Hopefully, I will be able to grow her outside next summer and bring her to maturity before the first frosts, which occur around the end of September here.
Is there anything you can say about phenotypes of MG?
Regards.
Cool!
You are most welcome.
Yes Because mountain gold is a cross of two very extremely stable lines seedlings will grow and look almost as if they were clones, so you will be able to stabilize your own line of Mountain Gold for your own desired traits very easily. As far as cloning they do clone very easily but I found it hard to pick a favorite plant again because how uniform they grow.
Also they are very resilient to frost but certainly not hard freeze.

Hello medmanmike,
Sure, why not. I'm new here; is there a tutorial on how to strart a journal?
Thanks.
For what it's worth, I germinated (36 hrs - paper towel method) 10 seeds and 8 popped. The seed skins seemed thick and I did not scuff them.
I’m not on 420 very much and don’t know where things (tutorials) are. Sorry. Maybe someone else will chip in.

Back
Top Bottom