Latest outdoor start time

I have been reading the indoor thread about starting plants start to finish on 12/12. What would be the latest you could do this outdoors? Im pretty sure 12/12 starts on Sep 21, but that doesnt give to long to grow here in Pennsylvania. And is it actually 12/12 outdoor that triggers flowering or less? Or the less light it receives each day from June 21st on? Any thoughts?

Try planting around the first-second week of July in PA. I'm guessing your first hard frost is mid-October. You'll get about a month of veg and root production before the females kick into flowering in mid-August.

What's good about going late like that is you can plant the seed directly in the ground as soil temps are prime. It's stealthy to as plants don't get too tall and they blend in with the lower greener vegetation in the surrounding enviroment late in the season. One of the big things on foot rippers and LEO look for is that bright green color standing out against the yellowing fall vegetation at shoulder height. If you go with a short Indica dom strain and plant late,it's not going to get that high.

The big downside is lower yield,about 2-4 ounces of bud according to friend who does his growing this way.

His weed doesn't have much bottom,ie;the effects don't last that long,IMO. It's strong but the majority of the effects wear off inside of two hours.That's not bad thing if you just want to relax and have something to do later in the day. Who wants to smoke some death weed that's going knock you out and then get a call you're needed to pick up the kids or go out to work?

Scardee; I already have plants over a month old i will put out soon, but im looking at some alternatives to fall back on. (8 started, took 8 cuttings for clones and have them on 12/12, 4 males showed up so far this weekend) if it stays as is, keeping 2 for me and giving 2 to a pal.

Firestone; I grew 5 plants last year that i started june21, 3 were males, the 2f's were among the jagger bushes, i kept pinching the lower shoots making them grow up to the same height as the bush tops. you could walk right by them and not notice them. I harvested 2 main colas totaling about 19g dried. I smoke very little, so this lasted me a long time. I still have a bowl or two left. it was bag seed, but turned out great. I have a few seeds from them started already, i guess i pulled the males a little late.

I hope to harvest between 2 and 4 oz this year which would be plenty to last me till next year. and that takes into account ill probably give some away to a few friends that always turn me on. they know i smoke very little and toss me a bud here and there. I very rarely buy smoke.

I'll try the mid july thing as you suggest and see what happens. and the ones i have started already will be out among the jaggers soon.

For best results start your plants inside if at all possible and then move outdoors to harden the palnts off before transplanting outside permanately.

Hope your grow goes well!

Try planting around the first-second week of July in PA. I'm guessing your first hard frost is mid-October. You'll get about a month of veg and root production before the females kick into flowering in mid-August.

What's good about going late like that is you can plant the seed directly in the ground as soil temps are prime. It's stealthy to as plants don't get too tall and they blend in with the lower greener vegetation in the surrounding enviroment late in the season. One of the big things on foot rippers and LEO look for is that bright green color standing out against the yellowing fall vegetation at shoulder height. If you go with a short Indica dom strain and plant late,it's not going to get that high.

The big downside is lower yield,about 2-4 ounces of bud according to friend who does his growing this way.

His weed doesn't have much bottom,ie;the effects don't last that long,IMO. It's strong but the majority of the effects wear off inside of two hours.That's not bad thing if you just want to relax and have something to do later in the day. Who wants to smoke some death weed that's going knock you out and then get a call you're needed to pick up the kids or go out to work?

fire also made a valid point, the later you put them in the ground the shorter they will be
also look at this
Scaredeecat's outdoor grow

Back
Top Bottom