When will my outdoor cannabis start flowering?

Finally flowering is underway at lat. 47! Plants are stretching. MM#4 is first confirmed female. Extra grow time got her to 36" tall. That good news almost makes up for what I found on MM#3 (last photo.) Oy! Oh well, seeds for next year!
20160817_193622.jpg
20160817_193538.jpg
20160817_192638.jpg

To chime in on this, at 39 deg lat in Northwest USA, noticed the signs of transition to flowering end of July. First week of August all three varieties are blooming with most growth coming from the Vanilla Kush, trailing behind by about 10-days is the Acapulco Gold and Laughing Buddha. I'll grab some pictures soon.

43 N on August 17th:

AS2_08-17-161.jpg
AS1_08-17-161.jpg

I could see the transition beginning mid-July but the very first top knot of buddage was a month later on the 15th of August.

43 N on August 17th:

AS2_08-17-161.jpg
AS1_08-17-161.jpg

I could see the transition beginning mid-July but the very first top knot of buddage was a month later on the 15th of August.

Looking really nice. Interesting how our comparison timing is; as I'd predict. At 43N you saw first flower on 8/15 and at 39N I saw it about a week or so earlier.

Below are some of my pics. The Vanilla Kush flowered sooner and faster as I would expect since it is supposed to consist of more indica than the Acapulco and Buddha.

Vanilla Kush
Vanilla_Kush_8_22_15.jpg

Laughing Buddha
Laughing_Buddha_8_22_16.jpg

Acapulco Gold
Acapulco_Gold_8_22_16.jpg

By the way, I'm getting some fairly robust yellowing of the larger leaves on the Kush I would have expected to see more towards the end of the flowering phase. I'm not overly worried, but somewhat concerned.

Yellowing_8_22_16.jpg

Zafu-
Beautiful plants, man! :high-five:

Only one of my seven plants was that far along. Most of the others are budding now. I still have a couple of Liberty Haze plants that are dragging their heels.

I have two plants dropping leaves like crazy. The rest are not. The plant in my previous photo is Ace of Spades. I've grown it four times and it drops leaves early like it is on fire. The rest have an occasional fan yellow on them but it is certainly strain dependent.

In Portland Oregon, where I think we are about 45 north, it seems to start right around August 1st.
I live about 30 miles south of Portland my girls are about any where from 7 to 9 feet tall they started to flower around the first week of August .One plant (Northern Wreck) started mid July . This is my first year of growing ,wish I could figure out how to post photos as I have some nice Ganga :welcome:

Thanks Major PITA. That makes me feel better!

It's my first grow and as I'm certain you know, very exciting. I used Ocean Forest and been very careful to only feed it quality foods and probably too minimally, but thinking some times with this, less is more. Even if this wasn't for personal use, the main reason for growing is to ensure my flowers are clean. I just dread to think what the commercial growers use and love taking that control over. I plan to follow Dr. Bud's advise and others on that thread for bud washing and hope to cure correctly.

Cheers

I live about 30 miles south of Portland my girls are about any where from 7 to 9 feet tall they started to flower around the first week of August .One plant (Northern Wreck) started mid July . This is my first year of growing ,wish I could figure out how to post photos as I have some nice Ganga :welcome:
:welcome: to :420: durbans! Check this out: Photos for 420.

Thanks Major PITA. That makes me feel better!

It's my first grow and as I'm certain you know, very exciting. I used Ocean Forest and been very careful to only feed it quality foods and probably too minimally, but thinking some times with this, less is more. Even if this wasn't for personal use, the main reason for growing is to ensure my flowers are clean. I just dread to think what the commercial growers use and love taking that control over. I plan to follow Dr. Bud's advise and others on that thread for bud washing and hope to cure correctly.

Cheers

Best of luck, bro. No matter how hard I try, it seems like I end up with some sort of pest so I do have to spray. For me it is a necessary evil. I try to be proactive so I'm hoping now that things are blooming I won't need to continue spraying. Probably wishful thinking. But I'd rather spray than smoke all the poop, eggs, webs, bugs, etc. Bud washing helps a lot, especially if you use sprays or foliar feed. Some bug stuff is stuck too well to the leaves so even washing won't get rid of it w/o losing trichomes. :(

Im at 50.6N and I believe one plant is starting the very beginning of flower but I cant tell. both plants had pre-flowers popping up prior to planting, so I think they just kept making pistils throughout like 2-3 months veg? Is this odd?

Not really. Mine have had pistils showing for months and have been pre-flowering since mid-July. They are just now really flowering.

Good to hear, first time grow so some things are confusing... I ended up chopping a lot of my girls thinking they were flowering, to bring them back to veg. Looking back at it I just clipped the crap out of them for no reason. Even though I haven't seen any buds I feel it was a successful grow, theyre healthy 7ft and bushy. Thanks to Mendo Dope!

Good to hear, first time grow so some things are confusing... I ended up chopping a lot of my girls thinking they were flowering, to bring them back to veg. Looking back at it I just clipped the crap out of them for no reason. Even though I haven't seen any buds I feel it was a successful grow, theyre healthy 7ft and bushy. Thanks to Mendo Dope!

You just topped the S**T out of them is what you did. Imagine how big theyd be if not. Damn!! Take it as a training experience. Read about LST. FIM. Lollypopping. Defoilage. Theres more and there all different and Im still learning! What Fun!

My plants are driving me nuts!:loopy:
So far I had one male in full flower (now chopped for pollen and juice) but no flowering on the 2 other suspected males (very small pods, too small to be certain) or the 2 females (1 confirmed, 1 not showing anything.)
Don't know if it's random genetics of poorly fixed strain (Mendo Madness is supposed to be early outdoor flowering) or stray lights from house.
If none were flowering it would be simple and I'd get out the black tarp. But I had the one.

Okay... deep breaths ... I can deal with it next week. :Namaste:

My plants are driving me nuts!:loopy:
So far I had one male in full flower (now chopped for pollen and juice) but no flowering on the 2 other suspected males (very small pods, too small to be certain) or the 2 females (1 confirmed, 1 not showing anything.)
Don't know if it's random genetics of poorly fixed strain (Mendo Madness is supposed to be early outdoor flowering) or stray lights from house.
If none were flowering it would be simple and I'd get out the black tarp. But I had the one.

Okay... deep breaths ... I can deal with it next week. :Namaste:

I wonder if the neighbors lights affect mine. Thank goodness theyre all motion detectors. All is well

The law in Calif is sketchy. Some neighborhoods wont tolerate a yard grow but then mine does, NICE!! Why Im taking this years serious because Im realizing how lucky I am. The law wants you inside and is another reason Im going inside in a tent. Inside or out you cant have too much. Personal use. Some people think you can 100 plants legal but I wouldent. They are very against making wax. Thats the first thing they look for. Every time the helicopter goes over I wave and think.... God Bless America!!! I can finally grow my own meds!!!

Of course, now, after the passage of Prop 64, all you have to do is check the city/county ordinances to look for local reg. My county does NO reg, and will comply with all the growing provisions of 64. I will keep my back yard gate closed with a padlock on it. I know, anyone can kick it in, but it will discourage the amateurs.

I'm at lat 33. Flowering of Indica strains begins outside when the length of the night is 10 hours and decreasing by about 2 min per night. My plants are at week 2-3 of flowering. Harvest is likely to start in late Sept and continue on until mid-late October. Use the trichomes to determine when to begin.

Back
Top Bottom