When will my outdoor cannabis start flowering?

No never I'm a LOS/High Brix grower.

Im not sure what los/high brix is but what I gather in the ground no need to PH. Since Im doing a tent soon I thought of learning how and getting used to it. I hope the rest of the tent operation comes as easy. With this years yard grow Ive only been PHing when I feed. My tap water is a consistent 8.0 and with my nutes it goes down to 5.5. Its got to be better for it to bring up to 6.5? Anyways its practice. Thanks for your help! I will take more pics the end of July of my current yard grow.

I think what Conradino is referring to is the organic amendments and nutrients that automatically maintain proper pH in his soil, so no need for him to check or adjust pH. However any good ground soil should be able to buffer pH swings from feedings, and if plants are using all of the nutes you add then they will not change pH.
Still it can't hurt to pH water, as long as you know soil is correct pH to start with. Hope that helps.

Im not sure what los/high brix is but what I gather in the ground no need to PH. Since Im doing a tent soon I thought of learning how and getting used to it. I hope the rest of the tent operation comes as easy. With this years yard grow Ive only been PHing when I feed. My tap water is a consistent 8.0 and with my nutes it goes down to 5.5. Its got to be better for it to bring up to 6.5? Anyways its practice. Thanks for your help! I will take more pics the end of July of my current yard grow.

I had to PH water once while indoor growing in London, the water was way to alkaline and was killing the seedlings. But never had a need to do it beforehand or later.

I think what Conradino is referring to is the organic amendments and nutrients that automatically maintain proper pH in his soil, so no need for him to check or adjust pH. However any good ground soil should be able to buffer pH swings from feedings, and if plants are using all of the nutes you add then they will not change pH.
Still it can't hurt to pH water, as long as you know soil is correct pH to start with. Hope that helps.

Yep LOS = Living Organic Soil, which means you create a perfectly balanced environment for the plant to grow in without using chelated nutes. Strong microlife supports the plant so good that even strongly acidic or alkaline amendments, I use lithothamnium for example or biochar which is around 9 PH, don't do any difference in plant's vigor. PH is only good for hydro grows or sterile soil approach.

Im using FF Ocean Forest for my yard grow this year. I plan on using That soil for my tent also.
it helps, thanks!!

I had to PH water once while indoor growing in London, the water was way to alkaline and was killing the seedlings. But never had a need to do it beforehand or later.

Yep LOS = Living Organic Soil, which means you create a perfectly balanced environment for the plant to grow in without using chelated nutes. Strong microlife supports the plant so good that even strongly acidic or alkaline amendments, I use lithothamnium for example or biochar which is around 9 PH, don't do any difference in plant's vigor. PH is only good for hydro grows or sterile soil approach.

I wonder if FF ocean forest is sterile soil? Im starting to maybe think no need to PH my tent if Im using FF ocean forest?? I know theres no need to feed for a month with Ocean Forest. I will investigate.
Coradino, Im wondering if where your at do you get fall caterpillars? If so what do you use to combat??

I get corn borers, fortunately not in big amount.

I wonder if FF ocean forest is sterile soil? Im starting to maybe think no need to PH my tent if Im using FF ocean forest?? I know theres no need to feed for a month with Ocean Forest. I will investigate.
Coradino, Im wondering if where your at do you get fall caterpillars? If so what do you use to combat??

Adjusting PH won't hurt, but FF OF is potting soil that is buffered for PH. IMO, it all comes down to how alkaline the water is, how big the pots are, and how long you grow in them, and how big the plants get (how much you need to feed and water). I get more concerned with potential salt build up toward the end of a grow, than the PH with FF fert's. Their nutrients use a lot of salty stuff.

Adjusting PH won't hurt, but FF OF is potting soil that is buffered for PH. IMO, it all comes down to how alkaline the water is, how big the pots are, and how long you grow in them, and how big the plants get (how much you need to feed and water). I get more concerned with potential salt build up toward the end of a grow, than the PH with FF fert's. Their nutrients use a lot of salty stuff.
Im not sure what Alkaline is but my tap water is a consistent 8.0. In my tent I plan to run 3gal.pots. maybe veg. a month then flower. How do I control salt build up...flush?
Im going with FF nutes and soil for simplicity.
Major Pita, you are quite knowledgeable and I hope you will follow my current tent thread and help me become a master grower.

Im not sure what Alkaline is but my tap water is a consistent 8.0. In my tent I plan to run 3gal.pots. maybe veg. a month then flower. How do I control salt build up...flush?
Im going with FF nutes and soil for simplicity.
Major Pita, you are quite knowledgeable and I hope you will follow my current tent thread and help me become a master grower.

I'm far from a master grower, but I'd be glad to follow along. I'll jump over and see what's going on. My free time is variable so I may not post a lot, but I'll try to look over your shoulder as time permits.

Alkaline is just high PH, with 7 being neutral. Anything below 7 is headed in the acid direction. Anything above is headed in the basic/alkaline/caustic direction (not at all good for cannabis and most other plants).

I'm far from a master grower, but I'd be glad to follow along. I'll jump over and see what's going on. My free time is variable so I may not post a lot, but I'll try to look over your shoulder as time permits.

Alkaline is just high PH, with 7 being neutral. Anything below 7 is headed in the acid direction. Anything above is headed in the basic/alkaline/caustic direction (not at all good for cannabis and most other plants).

I get conflicting info about PHing. Some say no need in dirt inside or out. Only inside in dirt and hydro set ups. This is what I think......
Ph everything. Water feed, nute feed, in dirt or not. Inside and outside. Best to PH all??
I just learned how to PH and Im currently PHing my nute feed with my yard grow and not the water feed. Easier not too PH water feed but wonder if I should incorporate that step too? I figure if its not needed its just practicing that step but I want to do things correctly. Thoughts???

Most soils are buffered well enough so that adjusting PH is not needed and has no effect.
Still, there is no harm in adjusting it for either nute' solutions or plain water as long as you use the right stuff and don't end up with toxic levels of whatever you are using (unlikely to happen). I'm cheap so I don't add anything unless I have a good reason. I try to stick with the "KISS" method.

Most soils are buffered well enough so that adjusting PH is not needed and has no effect.
Still, there is no harm in adjusting it for either nute' solutions or plain water as long as you use the right stuff and don't end up with toxic levels of whatever you are using (unlikely to happen). I'm cheap so I don't add anything unless I have a good reason. I try to stick with the "KISS" method.

Not sure what the kiss method is....
With my yard grow is awesome and I see the difference using all FF's nutes and PHing the water this year.

2nd rule I learned here after don't over water is keep doing whatever is working for you.
It can't hurt, so if you are seeing results definitely keep doing it!:thumb:

I'll be expanding my nutes. Currently using only Grow Big and Tiger Bloom with CA/Mag plus molasses and home-brewed simple compost tea. I'm adding Big Bloom and following FF schedule. Which of the other supplements are best to add next if you could only pick two? (keeping it simple.)

Mine are starting to get serious with adding pistils and the telltale growth habit has begun. I'm going to call August 1st the beginning of bloom here at 43N - at least for the majority of what I've got growing. Both indica and sativa dominant plants are at the same place for me. Only one straggler.

Mine are starting to get serious with adding pistils and the telltale growth habit has begun. I'm going to call August 1st the beginning of bloom here at 43N - at least for the majority of what I've got growing. Both indica and sativa dominant plants are at the same place for me. Only one straggler.

We seem to be neighbors and I have nothing yet. I have the fall equinox set for Sept.22 and last year mine did not show until the last possible moment. I'd love to see some early action cause last year took me right into the fog and rain.

We seem to be neighbors and I have nothing yet. I have the fall equinox set for Sept.22 and last year mine did not show until the last possible moment. I'd love to see some early action cause last year took me right into the fog and rain.

How old are they? Most of mine are a little long in the tooth. They have veg'd for 23+ weeks.
I have a couple of pure sativas that will not finish. They probably won't be ready until November at the earliest. :(

I trimmed the tree today to give my girls more fall sun. I had to take current pics. My best grow yet!
20160725_071618.jpg
20160725_094747.jpg
20160725_095058.jpg

Back
Top Bottom