Leaf curl and taco: please help

Opar

Hello everyone,

Growing in coco
Feeding daily now, but was feeding every 2nd day.

Floranova grow ~400ppm
Cal mag ~ 100ppm (supplement tap)
Tap water ~110ppm
Rhino skin (silica)
Superthrive

They were looking great almost the whole time, but now look beat up :/

I had changed light from 600w to 1000w (MH). They didn’t seem to mind immediately... I lowered light intensity back to 600watts and put the light on ceiling of tent....
1F9DCC28-8509-4633-84E1-4E5577E47B6A.jpeg

Leaves feel dry to the touch.... RH is around 50%, temp around 76

Going to check rh and temp early in morning, as over night temps are getting low...

Could this be due to a large temp swing high to low? Some sort of deficiency? Or would backing off the light intensity work? Plants are in their 7th week,.... should be able to handle the light?

2 strains in tent... Bubba Kush 2.0 is showing the trouble, the blue dream seems largely unbothered!

Are you pH - ing your Nutes to 5.8 ? Did you flush your Coco til the Run Off was 5.8 ? Since it's only 1 plant I'm betting the pH is off on it. Check your Run Off pH & see if it's somewhere between 5.5 - 6.5. I actually keep mine 5.8 - 6.2 as that's the most efficient range for nutrient uptake when growing in Coco.
I believe the lowest temp you can safely go is around 72 F. They say 84 F is as high as you should go unless you use Co2.
77 - 79 F is the sweet spot. Around 70% Humidity during Veg & 40 - 50% During Flower.
I know Tacoing leaves is usually caused by lights though. How high is the light from the top of the plants ? You'll probably need close to 2' with HPS lighting. Depends on the size of your tent.
You growing Photo's or Auto's ?

Thank you for your response. I have been pH’ing all along but my pH pen broke and i’ve been using test strips which are pretty much useless. I did raise the hood and dial back intensity... I’m thinking and hearing the pH angle.... was waiting for warranty replacement, but think I’ll buy a cheaper option tomorrow anyways...

And they are photos in week 7

Not sure if you know it or not but it's better if you can feed 2 - 3 times a day in Coco. The reason being that every time you feed you move things around in the Coco which gets air to the roots. Don't worry, it's almost impossible to over water / feed Coco. Never let it dry out completely & Never give it just water. Nutes every time. I feed twice a day about 1/2 gallon each time per plant.
There's an info site called Grow Weed Easy. That site has all kinds of info on Plant problems & how to fix them. It's been a helpful resource over the past couple of years for me. Helped me learn what to look for.

Hello everyone,

Growing in coco
Feeding daily now, but was feeding every 2nd day.

Floranova grow ~400ppm
Cal mag ~ 100ppm (supplement tap)
Tap water ~110ppm
Rhino skin (silica)
Superthrive

They were looking great almost the whole time, but now look beat up :/

I had changed light from 600w to 1000w (MH). They didn’t seem to mind immediately... I lowered light intensity back to 600watts and put the light on ceiling of tent....
1F9DCC28-8509-4633-84E1-4E5577E47B6A.jpeg

Leaves feel dry to the touch.... RH is around 50%, temp around 76

Going to check rh and temp early in morning, as over night temps are getting low...

Could this be due to a large temp swing high to low? Some sort of deficiency? Or would backing off the light intensity work? Plants are in their 7th week,.... should be able to handle the light?

2 strains in tent... Bubba Kush 2.0 is showing the trouble, the blue dream seems largely unbothered!
Large temp changes will
Cause brown spots and yellowing of the plant. Taco is caused from heat. The light might be to close. While I researched heat stressed I came across some one who’s plant was doing it because it’s a trait. ( the leaves folding in on themselves) but there was no heat mutation on his.

Large temp changes will
Cause brown spots and yellowing of the plant. Taco is caused from heat. The light might be to close. While I researched heat stressed I came across some one who’s plant was doing it because it’s a trait. ( the leaves folding in on themselves) but there was no heat mutation on his.

Thanks for the info, temp swing is probably out then, primarily I’m thinking pH, but with the lighting changes already in place I will look for improvement. The taco’ing should stop right? But the edge curl will probably be permanent?

Thanks for the info, temp swing is probably out then, primarily I’m thinking pH, but with the lighting changes already in place I will look for improvement. The taco’ing should stop right? But the edge curl will probably be permanent?
Yes it should. Not sure about the edge curling never seen it before the net. But it was claimed to be a trait. I say if you get the heat lowered it will correct and if the taco goes away and the fold stays, its most likely a trait. That’s all I can really help with. I have never grown in the buffer you are growing in. Which is none pretty much.

Back
Top Bottom