Leaf Curl problem on my Autos - Noob needs advice

ScurvyKnave

I have 4 Northern Lights Autos that are about 10 days from sprout. Overall the girls look healthy, but I'm concerned about some leaf curling that I see. Please take a look and advise if you have some idea of what the problem may be. I'm using a G8 450 LED that is 24 inches from plants and temp/RH is good. No nutes used yet and I give a little water daily as they are small.

ScurvyKnave
:Namaste:

What Strain is it? Northern Lights
How Many Plants? Four
Is it in Vegetative or Flowering Stage? Veg
If in Vegetative Stage... How Long? 10 Days
Indoor or Outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro? Soil
If Soil... What is in your Mix? FFOF/Happy Frog/Perlite 60/30/10
If Soil... What Size Pot? 3 Gal Airpots
Size (Wattage) of Light? How Many? 450 Watt LED G8 from Dorm Grow
Temperature of Room/Cabinet? 77-82 F
RH of Room/Cabinet? ~55
How Often are you Watering? As seedlings, a little once a day
Type and Strength of Fertilizers used? None yet
Size or Square Footage of Room? 25 Sq ft

problemleaf3.JPG

problemleaf2.JPG

problemleaf1.JPG

I've seen a few experienced growers saying that FFOF is too hot for seedlings.

You might want to look into a transplant into final pots with mostly plain potting soil, and add nutes yourself later, or replace some soil in the current pots, again with plain potting soil. The 2nd method can be risky as you run a higher risk of damaging the roots.

I've seen a few experienced growers saying that FFOF is too hot for seedlings.

You might want to look into a transplant into final pots with mostly plain potting soil, and add nutes yourself later, or replace some soil in the current pots, again with plain potting soil. The 2nd method can be risky as you run a higher risk of damaging the roots.

I think you may be right. I did cut the FFOF about 2:1 with Happy Frog, but maybe this strain is more susceptible to hot soil. They are already in their final 3 Gal pots so I will leave them there. The new leaves all look healthy so I'm hoping they will grow out of this problem. Thanks!

I think you may be right. I did cut the FFOF about 2:1 with Happy Frog, but maybe this strain is more susceptible to hot soil. They are already in their final 3 Gal pots so I will leave them there. The new leaves all look healthy so I'm hoping they will grow out of this problem. Thanks!

Oh yeah, each strain is totally different in how it reacts to nutes, water, sun etc.. You can even grow 10 of the same strain, and find a few of those love heavy nutes, and some prefer lighter nutes. These plants are just like people, they all have their own preferences :)

Just a thought, do you think it could be too much light?
It looks like there are several leaves 'rolling'. :hmmmm:

Auto's are finicky f'ers. Have you used this same setup on other grows? Im nto an LED guy, but it seems that some of the higher wattage diodes can be pretty damn intense.

Just a thought, do you think it could be too much light?
It looks like there are several leaves 'rolling'. :hmmmm:

Auto's are finicky f'ers. Have you used this same setup on other grows? Im nto an LED guy, but it seems that some of the higher wattage diodes can be pretty damn intense.

This is my first grow (since 1987), so everything is new! The recommended distance is 24-30" and I was at 24 so you may be onto something. So I went ahead and backed it up about 4 inches to be safe, that light is really intense. I don't see stretching as a problem anyway, they are really compact so far. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom