Leaf problem - Yellow and brown spots - Need help

grow420girl

WIN_20160319_162245.JPG
WIN_20160319_162259.JPG
WIN_20160319_162233.JPG
WIN_20160319_162204.JPG

I noticed that my leaves are turning yellow with brown spots. It already affected the top leaves and the bottom ones. I checked the stems and they are still green and flexible meaning they are not snapping off easily. The plant is already 3 months old with some pistils showing.

I am a first time grower and I live in a tropical area. The plants are planted in direct soil.

I need an advice. I dont know if it is calcium deficiency, magnesium deficiency, PH problem or all of the above. I need your help guys.

Outdoor grow? How often are you watering? Using nutes? Top or bottom showing issues first? Any change in nutes or adding bloom or removing grow? Any plant pix in a daylight lighting?

Thanks

Outdoor grow
I water every after 2 days
I dont use nutes
Issue showed from the bottom going up
No change of nutes because I dont use them :( (No clear idea what to use or buy since Im in a different country)

This is my very first time growing cannabis. I live in Southeast Asia and it as summer already. Is weather a factor in this problem?

Thank you for your help.

Your plant is asking for food, bottom to top us mobile nute. NPK and some type of micro nute. Outdoor grows need nutes too. Soil looks to be empty enough to show spots on leaves. Go to local garden store (non cannibas is ok) and get some type of grow nute. Tomato grow will work. This should turn it around.

Cheers

Southeast asia nice. so Philippines, Thailand and Vietnam beautiful areas. If your on the outside of the more populated citys then fertilizers are everywhere. Anything that dont eat meat like chicken and cow manure can be used it just needs to be aged and composted. You just come out of the rainy season (if im thinking right) and still in veg so thats good before buds start to form spray with a mild but organic fungicide and keep a close eye on the bugs that hang around. Seaweed dried, crushed and added to the soil will help alot to. Humidity is going to be your worst enemy and wont need to water as much. I have a friend in Manila and he has a fish pond close by and uses the water out of it for everything to do with gardening and he also puts a dead fish in a planting hole and plants on top of it the next year. Your going to half to go a more traditional organic path because bottled fertilizers and phing water are going to be hard to come (depending area and money) :) stick around here and you will learn more then you care to lol

Im in the Philippines. LOL :thumb:

The fert I was able to buy is bought by kilograms. A bunch of pellets but I asked for the ingredients of it and it contains Nitrogen and calcium. But what the heck that's all I got since I live in a province.

I am actually going to try to use manure on my next batch of girls. And yes, we just came out of the rainy season and I think it is the perfect time for my plants to grow since it will be more sunlight and less rain so that means they wont drown since they are planted directly on soil.

Thanks for the advice about the fungicide I'm going to find one as soon as I can since it is showing pistils already. Bugs actually became my first enemy here. Leaf miners, gnats, spider mites and those tiny pesky grasshopers were a big pain in the neck but I won the battle with them. LOL

I also used fish guts on my plants on its first month of vegetation and it worked wonderful!!

Anyway, thank you for all of the advice. I am learning a lot in this site. I just learned that growing cannabis is not easy. It does take a lot of patience, guarding, and a lot of love to make it grow. I am actually on the road of collecting different cannabis seeds in the Philippines and growing them. Again THANK YOU FOR ALL OF YOUR ADVICE AND HELP!! :thanks::circle-of-love::thumb:

It has already been 5 days since I used the suggested fert. New leaves are good but I can still see some spots. :( but It isn't as severe as before. Thank you for your advice. I am very careful about under feeding and over feeding. :D Thank you.

If the spots keep getting bigger or start on other parts of the plant post a few outside daytime pics of it for us :) I want to see the color but only if it keeps getting worse.

Old spots never clear, new growth is important. New growth good, then plant is now healthy.

Cheers

31881.jpg
22358.jpg
16682.jpg
10299072_203153313396328_658787568731498854_n.jpg

it has been 6 days since I used the fert. The photos were taken today.
I will be tying down the branches later (since it is too hot to work on it right now)

How long will I see the improvement on the new leaves?
I read that if the leaf has 30% damage I should just cut it off. Is it true?
I was also read that I should get rid of some of the tiny shoots of leaves at the very bottom. Is this applicable?

Thank you for all of your help. :D :thanks:

Leave leafs alone, if they don't contribute, plant will cull them. New growth should be lighter green at top of plant.

Cheers

Sent from my SPH-L720T using 420

I'm a 50% guy, I'll snip off dried ends and leave soft leaf mass. My journal show what I'm talking about. You can leave it alone and it will fall off when ready by the plant.

Cheers

Sent from my SPH-L720T using 420

^ agree like millertm said. The plant will pull out what it put into the leaf and reuse in new growth at that point the leaf will dry up or turn yellow and fall off.

The improvement will last throughout the plants life as long as you do what you already done (keep a close eye on it) the plant will tell you what it needs just keep it on a feed schedule. If you feed to much the plant will show that by burned tips (the pointed tips of each leaf will turn white to light brown) each plant is different just like people some will eat more and some will eat less. My ak-48s dont eat much during veg but in bloom they eat like pigs but that maybe because there growing in less light during veg (cfls) and more during bloom (400 watt hps) your using the sun so that problem you dont have lol. Same with the bottom branches and leaves I cut mine off to make clones for the next crop because I know my lights are not pushing through the canopy to reach them branches so there just eatting stuff that could go to better use in the top branches and leaves. Some cut them off to get better air flow under the plant.

Your leaves tell you so much about the plant. Hot weather will make them drink lots more water so you will see the leaves go up (full of water) and down (low on water) if they run out of water completely the whole plant will droop down and look dead but if it gets water it will stand back up but that is really stressful to the plant and hurts them. I know I forgot to water one and when I went in to look it almost made me sick seeing it like that. Some of the leaves dried up and died but it came oit of it 4 hrs later after I gave it water and now its in bloom with buds as long as my arm :)

Got it! So the leaves are my indicators of how well the plants are doing.

So far the new leaves are yellow green, no discoloration, and some doesn't have spots anymore.
I'm also watering more but the interval is still every after 2 days to makes sure I don't over water. The leaves are turning fantastic now even the entire plant is becoming more alive than before when it was sick with the spots.

I also made clones, and I did follow the direction of getting clones from bottom branches, and I was amazed. Literally amazed!
I did not use any cloning agent or procedure, I just planted the branches directly in soil and it grew roots. I was like "Wow, weed will definitely survive no matter what"

I am learning so much in this site and from the people helping me with this. Thank you! :circle-of-love::thanks:

Lets check out your soil and feeding. Maybe miller, some others and me can help you keep your feed cost low.

you put fish guts in the planting hole when you planted so that would be nitrogen and other stuff but then you got the leaf issue that miller helped ya with. What feed did you get and what stuff do you got? O and your also using native soil but did it come from the forest/jungle or was it just yard soil with grass growing on it?

You got a case of beginners luck with them clones if I tryed that they would all get sick and die and the way my luck is as they was doing that they would get my other plants sick and id lose them all but one :( lol thats my luck most of the time haha

Back
Top Bottom