Leaf Problem

ffsta1

I just put my plants to flower last Thursday. Yesterday I found one White Widow crossed with Skunk looking like this. I also have one Mazar showing the beginnings of this same problem. The closet picture of this condition is lack of Boron. Is this correct? The leaves are curling under. They are growing in soil as this is my first grow.

100_2843_2_1.JPG

100_2844_2_1.JPG

Thanks

Never heard about pH run off, but looked it up on the web.

I use Advanced Nutrients (2) part Sensi Grow and Sensi Bloom.
When I mix my nutrients, I set the PH between 6-7.
My EC is about 2.0, reading it with a Blue Lab Truncheon meter.

Temps are running about 65° at night and 85° to 90° during the day.
I live in a hot, dry climate.

I just did the ph run off and my EC is 3.6, (probaly higher cause it shot up very fast, but that is as far as it reads) and my pH is between 4 & 5, closer to 4.

Sounds like you may have nute buildup in the soil. Generally, runoff should only vary from .5 - .8 ph. So if the solution ph is 6.5 the runoff should be around 5.7 - 6. If that's the case, I would flush the soil immediately.

Should I flush using a 1/4 solution of nutes, and a pH of 6.5??

I always thought you mix your nutes and set the pH. Then water the plant.
Do I also have to set the pH of the soil separately???

Yes, you are correct. You do mix nutes and then adjust the ph. No, you do not have to set the soil ph separately. Is the the ph reading you gave me before for soil? Runoff ph is when you collect the excess nute solution that has drained through the soil when you water.

Thanks for clearing that up.
When I asked somewhere else, I was told that my pH was way to acidic. I tried to explain that was the run off reading. When I mix my nutes, I am between 6-7.

I had the same problem with my plants. They are white widow too. Flushing seemed to be best solution and it worked.
Ms. Fox is great as always...

Thanks for everyone's help. My water is very alkaline. When doing a pH test right out the faucet, it is a dark blue. I let the water run through the plants for 15 minutes each. Then I put them on drip pans overnight. The next day I put just 6.5 pH water into them.They were fixed in time. I just checked as the lights are set to come on at 8AM. They came right back a pretty green.
:thanks:

good for you. There is something more: It is too much water and it is not very good for the roots and u gatta add H202 (nitrogen peroxide-3% ) to the water - to prevent rot. 30ml/1 gallon. I suggest u to make it the next time too.

I have been adding small amounts of it to my feed.
:ganjamon:

Back
Top Bottom