Leaves problem! Front of leaf is cupping down

UMirin

Hey friends.
I'm first time grower. Currently growing 5x Autos Biodiesel Mass, these babies are 19days old, and I got this problem with leafs, they are cupping down. Temps when lights are on are 25-27C, humidity 35-40%, im using 600w hps with cooltube reflector. They are growing in 16liter pots. Last time I watered 3days before with 3liter (approx 600ml each) of water + 3ml biobizz root juice + 3ml biobizz grow (they were in normal condition, no leafs curling or other). After tonight the leafs cupped down, maybe it's underwater? The upper soil is dry, but when I put my finger in to the soil almost at the middle of the pot, i still feel some moist. Could someone please give any advises? I attach two photos.

Re: Leafs problem! Front of leaf is cupping down.

What was your pH at?
With that temp and strain you might have to water every 2 days

I watered with distillated water from shop. And only yesterday received ph meter, ph up and ph down liquids, so today i'm planning to water new solution at ph 6,5. Whats your suggestions?

Be very careful if you are changing pH. If you jump it around no more then .3-.5 at a time or that will hurt plants. Was it higher before

I was just thinking two things. pH and Needing water. Don't forget your nutes might change pH as well.

I left some tap water to stay for 48hours approx, to evaporate, i metered the ph it's about 6.8-7. So i'm planning to mix some ph down today, when I water. Do you think this could solve the cupped leaf problem?

6.8 -7 if perfect for soil. Check the run off. Yes that might fix. I would not add nutes for two waters as well to see change

Okay, I will notice when I water them. I got some seaweed extract (was planning to add to this water), you suggest dont add any nutes?

Just watered them, with 5liters (approx 1liter per plant) water + 4,5ml seaweed extract, the runoff was very low, don't know why it's so low, maybe it was completely dried out :? but i was able to meter the ph, it was 7.

7 not bad. Did you get a reading before and then 7 run off

The solution ph (water + seaweed) was 6.8, after I watered, the runoff was 7-7.2.

Ok so lower down 6.5 going in and you will be good to go. That should put your run off at 6.8

Ok, i will try to do this the next watering. I will keep updating how they look tommorow.

if your getting 7.2 ph your plants are dying. And I would also call 6.8 a slightly high number in soil. 6.4-.6 is safe. also Vacuoles hold water and are the source of rigidity in the plant. IE no water= droopy leaves. Also if you havent invested in a TDS meter. DO IT because you honestly have no idea what kind of water you have without it. And you can not accuratly use nutrients. I dont use water with over 10 ppm solids PERIOD. ( before nut & ph adjust of coarse) just a tip for a first grow just buy water. 88cents a gallon at walmart 0 PPM. Good luck.

Thanks guys, for the advices. I was inspecting the plants yesterday, and I saw that few leaf tips are getting abit yellow, could this be nute burn? Later I will take some photos.

Back
Top Bottom