Leaf problems

Just to give you some advice, I am new to growing too and when you have a question like this you need to be more specific like

is it in soil or hydro?
do you PH water?
what Nutes are you using?
What is your lights situation (Cfl,T5,T8,HID)?
How close are your lights?
temps/humidity?

Mine did the same thing but then i found out it was because of not enough humidity and since i corrected that its been great! :)

yea my bad I didnt think about it I have no experience with growing any plant. I forget about all the science of it some times. Its soil i dont ph my water. I dont have the funds to buy all the nutes and things like that. Im just learning as it go.Right now i water like twice aweek I only have 3 CFL on them their just two plants in 2x2 closet it stay in the 70's. Im not sure what it means but i have a ED 25-V 25w its a brighter white my other bulbs are 32w n a 26 watt CFL. N have a yellow glow to them.
2-4-14-2.jpg
2-4-14-2.jpg
2-4-14.jpg
I dont know much but Im trying Any help would b awesome.

man you need more light and that loks like early stages of mg def. is it posible that your soil has a rong ph to acidic maybi ? put some wood ash in your water.. what is your temperatur mg gets locked out if it s to coold .... id say its a ph problem try with some ash just a lil bit maybi two or three spons in 1l of water or sprincle some of it on the top of the soil you can use cigarete or joint but be cerful that its just ash tobaco vill start to rot and then you wil se in a cople of days..... do some reserch you got some realy gret things in the grow room sector (how to grow marihuana ) sory for my eanglisy hope this helps...

You said it could b cold and thinking about it i switched them from 24 to 18-6. So might b getting cold then should I put it back on 24. Cause i dont have alot of money to wasted. N I read all these grow room blogs n stuff i just dont under stand it till i ask about it.

IMG_20140204_132236117.jpg
IMG_20140204_132215575.jpg
IMG_20140204_132215575.jpg
IMG_20140204_132450571.jpg
I've only had mine for about 3 weeks now and everything seemed to be going fine until I looked at them yesterday. Idk what the difference is but now you can see how the bigger plant looks like its starting to "dry up." New to all this so any help would be great! Its hydroponic in an aerogarden, haven't tested for the pH bc the planted seemed to be doing fine.

2-13-14_6wks.jpg
once again in need of your advice

YoungBud, only chiming in with King here. The chart I have give 3 examples that are close to your picture. The biggest thing (and King hit on it) is too much PH fluctuations. The other 2 are: Magnesium deficiency, which closely matches your picture and the other is Potassium deficiency. Root rot is also mentioned but those pictures are more spotty. Since your leaves have even discoloration I would have to go with something that is or is not getting ingested. See how the coloration starts at the bottom leaves and move up? I'm no scientist (but I did sleep at a Holliday Inn last night...LOL. Been dyin to say that...LOL) but that would tell me whatever is going on is coming (again here, or not coming) up from the root system. No idea how to fix the Mag or Potas issues but them and the PH is the place to start.

Also, do you have a digital PH meter? It is almost invaluable for what we do. Since PH is at the top of the list of things you have to control.

Hope that helps.

Renegade69

will that deficiency chart apply to other plants or is it just Cannabis?

The PH availability is the same for all plants. But how none cannabis plants look with too much or too little of a certain mineral can appear different.

However I will say that in my gardening experience most deficiencies look about the same from plant to plant.

02-27-14_3.jpg
mnbv What do you guys think? I checked the PH it was around 6.8. its 17days from seed. It a bag seed im using Miracle-Gro Moisture Control Potting Mix. The temps around 75 to 80. Lights are 32watt cfl n 3 26 watts a inch or 2 over them and a 55watt high above them and 24hr lights.
2-27-14-2.jpg
Any Help?

Your plants either have heat stress or a magnesium deficiency as evident by the cupped leaves. I would place your Compact Florescent Lights 5-6 inches from your plants. To treat a magnesium deficiency you can give your plants 1 teaspoon per gallon of Epsom Salts. You want pH 5.8 for hydroponic and soiless (peat moss and coco coir) and pH 6.5 for soil. I would use a 18/6 18 hours of light and 6 hours of darkness lighting schedule. I read a study where lighting schedule versus root length was tested and plants grown under a 16/8 lighting schedule grew the longest roots, 18/6 was not tested. I was made aware of a study where lighting schedule versus growth was tested and plants give at least 5.5 hours of darkness grew the most.

Here is a nutrient availability chart

pH_chart7.jpg

Back
Top Bottom