Leaf quality

ycuzican

I've saved a whole bunch of leaves from pruning, destroying males and some from a friend. I'll make butter or tea or cookies or something with them when I harvest.
But i'm wondering if they are all the same value. Are the tiny ones or ones from immature males worthless, or not as good as the ones from the mature females will be? I don't want to mix them, if they're different.

anyone know?

Male plants are worthless and contain very little THC. However, the leaves from female plants, especially seedless plants, can be smoked. My husband use to grow and he said at first, he didn't realize that the leaves could be smoked and he threw away several garbage bags full. Then, he started smoking them, and he said that he definitely got high from the leaves. Also, perhaps you could make hash, although I'm not sure exactly how to do that. Perhaps some other well informed stoner could explain that one!

Large fan leaves and all leaves from male plants are not worth saving or smoking, they contain little to no THC.

What should be saved is the leaves closest to the buds on the female plants, these are the ones covered in crystals. Once a large amount of these leaves is obtained they can be turned into Bubble Hash with the cold water hash-extraction technique utilizing Bubble Bags or another similar brand.

Thanks for the info, folks. I always thought the leaves were worthless. when we were kids we used to smoke them, cuz people gave them to us free. we thought we got high, but we were just kids, and didn't know any better. Recently a friend told me to cook with them, but i'm not sure it's worth it.

I did put some fresh ones on a salad, that was fun and a good flavor, if you like greens.
Also, 1 leaf in a rolled ciggarette is good, but definitley doesn't get me high.

lol. male leaves will not get you high bro. but its good medium for rolling bud with. say if the bud is too sticky and doesnt burn even. you could crush up some good ol' male leaves for flavor and an even burning spliff. but you should only consider cooking, making hash, or smoking the leaves from a FEMALE plant.:cheesygrinsmiley:

When people smoke leaves and say they get "high" from it, it has nothing to do with any THC content in the leaves. Because you are inhaling carbons from burning material you get the sensation of smoking, and your body reacts as if it was basically smoking a cigarette.

I cannot stand too much leaf in a joint. The high chlorophyll content in the leaves makes it taste too "planty" for my tastes. :peace:

THC is only produced in the buds, which are the ovaries of the female cannabis plant. Although males do contain THC, levels are so exceedingly low they are not worth smoking. Likewise with the large fan leaves from a female.

IMO the only thing worth smoking are the buds and products like hash made from the buds or the small leaves in close proximity to the buds. The rest is just destroying your lungs for virtually nothing.

THC is only produced in the buds, which are the ovaries of the female cannabis plant. Although males do contain THC, levels are so exceedingly low they are not worth smoking. Likewise with the large fan leaves from a female.

IMO the only thing worth smoking are the buds and products like hash made from the buds or the small leaves in close proximity to the buds. The rest is just destroying your lungs for virtually nothing.

I found this article elsewhere:

Smoking Leaves
2000-08-10 >> Q&A DB Home

Q: Hey Guys, Throughout all my years of smoking, I always heard that smoking marijuana leaves doesn't get you high, and that only the buds do. My dad and I decided to have a father and son activity together this summer and are growing a few plants hidden behind our tomato bushes. He claimed that smoking the leaves gets you high, and I doubted him until I dried some leaves, smoked them, and felt very enlightened for the next hour or two. Is this some sort of myth floating around the drug community, that the leaves are not potent, or do I just have some really good leaves? They hardly weigh anything at all, so I could understand how it would not be very profitable to sell marijuana leaves by weight.

-- Odey

A: Sounds like you and your father have found an excellent way to enjoy each other's company. When people claim that leaves aren't potent, what they mean is that they are less potent than buds. This doesn't mean that they have no value at all. In fact, many growers find several ways to use leaf. Extracting the available THC and using it for cooking is a favorite. Making hash or hash oil is another. Most people don't like smoking it as it can be quit harsh. Many growers do sell leaf product. There is value there and as someone's grandma always said, "Waste not, want not."

... Most people don't like smoking it as it can be quit(e) harsh.

This is my exact reason for not smoking the leaves, besides them not even being potent enough to get past my high tolerence level. But hey, whatever works for you... if you guys want the leaves thats fine just save me the buds. :cheesygrinsmiley:

yuppp save me the bud as well. im jsut a person who doesnt like to waste plant matter.i figure rolling some leaf in with a blunt cant hurt. hash and cannabutter are the best uses for leaf in my opinion.:grinjoint:

I don't smoke the leaves, either. I'm just saying it's possible to get high while smoking the leaves. I don't grow so I can't smoke the leaves anyhow!

Back
Top Bottom