Leaf question?

digahdee

Hi 420,
I checked my grow this morning and have noticed the leaves are turning a light green/yellow colour. I thought they should to be a dark green. Please check pics and let me know what you guys think. EC is 1.2 and PH is 5.6. Thanks

11271.JPG

2869.JPG

3748.JPG

Re: Leaf question ?

Hey dighadee! Looks like a nitrogen deficiency starting up. 5.6 seems low, I thought you wanted 5.8 in hydro that's about what I use.

Don't do anything too sudden, I'd start by raising your ph to 5.8 then if the problem continues up your nutes a little bit.

Hi BlueDog,
Thanks for your reply.
The feeding scheme Im following says to keep the ph at 5.4 and ec at 1.4. I just lowered the ph and raised the ec to the amounts on the feeding scheme. The plants are on 34 days old from seed today.
What stage do you have your ph at 5.8, on my feeding scheme it says to have it at that whilst in bloom.
Thanks again

I'm in hempy, I ph 6'ish all grow, 5.8 - 6.2, and it's worked very well for me. But I'm not going to argue with your nute company I'm sure they know a lot more than me. Good luck!

You're welcome! I'm not familiar with Nitrozyme sorry I'm no help with that. If you raised your feeding I'd just sit tight and watch her.

I've found out the hard way that you can easily turn small problems into big problems by over-reacting. Very small, gradual changes are almost always the best. Especially in a case like this, she's showing you she's not real happy right now but it's certainly not like she's about to die.

I was looking locally for some Nytrozyme myself as I want to have some on hand. I just read up on it and yes, it sounds like a great formula.
Also, if not Nytrozyme, look into Liquid Light... they are pretty much the same thing, or, for the same purpose anyways.

I also concur w/Bluedog on the N deficiency, try a lil of something high in N... that's a good place to start... good luck M8!

Thanks again,
its my first ever grow so learning everyday. The new growth looks to be a darker green, its just a few of the older leaves that look lighter.
Take care,
Also
Just checked some of your pics, you have some nice plants. Im gona check your grow journals aswell

Hi Captain Kronic,
I picked some Nytrozyme up yesterday as I thought it might be nitrogen deficiency. Should I add some in today or wait to see if the ph and ec adjustments I made earlier make a difference? Thanks for reading

Back
Top Bottom