Yellowing of leaves, slow growth, leaf tips curling and going brown.

AD117

Hi guys.

Was hoping someone could help me. It's my 1st time growing and I'm starting to experience my 1st deficiency signs.

About a week ago, I started to see that the leaves started yellowing. As time went on it got worse and worse. I though it was light burn which I'm sure it was as the leaves were looking crusty and dry, so I lifted the lights.

However, yellowing carried on. New growth sprouted and became green but then the tips of the new growth started yellowing and then started going brown.

I do not have a pH meter. But I am getting one tomorrow so I can start with my liquid nutes to boost them with N.

The soil is a pH of 5.6 as per the supplier.

Could it be the soil acidity that's blocking out nutes to the roots ?

Or a lack of nutes in the soil ?

My watering regime is watering once a day. And checking how dry the soil is between watering.

A guy from the hydro shop told me that the soil at 5.6 is fine. And I should just mix 2ml of micro into 1l of water and set pH to 5.2-5.5 and do a foliar spray once a week and check for improvements? Any comments on that ?

I'm really confused as to what's going on. And there's so many contradicting information on the net that it makes it even more overwhelming.

Please help.

Really appreciate it.

Thanks.

Hey what's up!

You need to bring your ph up, you have nutrient lock out.
If your soil is too wet all the time, this will also stop you from fixing the issue.

Vlad:bongrip:

:welcome: AD117!

Can you post some pictures so we can take a look at what's going on? Also, we need more info. How old are they? What soil? What nutrients? Pot size? Way more info is needed to take a stab at a fix. Your PH sounds very low to me.

Watering daily is a recipe for disaster, IMO. Depending on their size, the soil, and pot size, They should not need water nearly that often. How do check the dryness of the soil? When I pot a plant, it usually doesn't need anything for at least one week, and usually more like two weeks.

Hey 420 Friend.. Im new to growing too
Could you give us some more info .. Like how old the plant is ? Which light you use .. and ofcourse most helpful to everybody would be a picture !! Good luck to you !! and Im sure there will be someone who can help you !!

Hey guys. Sorry for the lack of info.

Lights - 400W MH ( 18/6 )
Medium - indoor potting mix ( where I feel I went wrong as the pH is about 5.6 / 5.8 and feeds the plants up to 5 months )
Plants are in a fibre glass flower bed with drainage at the bottom.
Tap water pH - 6.5/6.6

Last night, I started flushing with pH balanced water (7.0) to bring the soil pH up and as well as to flush those nutes that the soil already contains. The flower bed is 80cm × 70cm and depth is 18cm. I flushed with about 6L of balanced water. Soil still wet this morning. Will leave it for the next 3 days and check for improvements.

Cookies kush left leaf has now gone completely yellow and shrivelled up with purple edoes. Right leaf is still green.

Super citrus has new growth but the tips are going brown and yellow.

AK is just staying yellow and no new growth.

Not sure how to post photos ? Haha..

Thanks for all the interest guys. Appreciate it. Stressing big time about it. Don't like to see these ladies suffering

Back
Top Bottom