Leaves are Hanging - Soil

VapparNN

i have a plant in 7th bloom week that all leavs are hanging on. plz help i dont know why they are hanging

This is 2 pictures

IMG_20130210_225526.jpg

IMG_20130210_225450.jpg

Theyre curling upwards which isnt good! Maybe a sign of Magnesium defic. I think, I read somewhere - I think actually here on the pests,probs and disease section on here and yeah - WATER?? How often are you watering?? She doesnt look happy duz she and she s flowering too... Shit I havent seen a case this bad for a while.. I am not sure as to what your PH is, But check that too mate as if its not in the appropriate range so nutes maybe locked out. You want your soils PH about 6.2-6.7 this is apparently a good range for the plant to absorb the nutes it needs.
ARE YOU FEEDING THE PLANT ANY NUTES? IF SO, WHAT - AND HOW MUCH? Hope it sorts out for ya mate... Best of luck. Smokemup

Theyre curling upwards which isnt good! Maybe a sign of Magnesium defic. I think, I read somewhere - I think actually here on the pests,probs and disease section on here and yeah - WATER?? How often are you watering?? She doesnt look happy duz she and she s flowering too... Shit I havent seen a case this bad for a while.. I am not sure as to what your PH is, But check that too mate as if its not in the appropriate range so nutes maybe locked out. You want your soils PH about 6.2-6.7 this is apparently a good range for the plant to absorb the nutes it needs.
ARE YOU FEEDING THE PLANT ANY NUTES? IF SO, WHAT - AND HOW MUCH? Hope it sorts out for ya mate... Best of luck. Smokemup

Hi again sorry for the late reply.

I Have fixed the hanging leavs they went straight up again 15 min after watering.

But the curlesy leaves are still there on all my plants.

I use Gold label nutriants and at the moment i only use soil A,Soil B and PK since the reccomendation form gold label dont say that i should add any of the MG nutriants this late in flowering.

I have some updated Photos as well showing this plant and the rest of the plants in my tent.

This is the one that had the leaves haning from not being watered at the moment. Still recovering from the incident. AND THIS IS A SEED FROM A MIXED FEMINIZED BAG FROM SENSISEEDS.COM SO IF ANYONE COULD SEE WHAT STRAIN IT IS I WOULD BE THANKFULL :)
IMG_089216.JPG

IMG_089310.JPG

This is another random plant i have:
IMG_088814.JPG

The same plants BuD:
IMG_089614.JPG

This is another Random:
IMG_089012.JPG

Another Random:
IMG_089413.JPG

And Finally My Two Silver Haze:
IMG_088913.JPG

IMG_089113.JPG

Silver Haze Bud:
IMG_089515.JPG

I will be checking this thred frequently so just write what you think is the problem with my curled leaves and if anyone recognize the random strains ive got i would be happy :)

Nice work, Looking much happier than before!!
The cupping may still stick around for awhile, But if theyre retaining color theyre still probably doing some work for the plant. I noticed that some of your others have minimal signs of any deficiency, But it does appear to be affecting a couple plants you have, So there must be a constant that is similar for these plants. It may be the soil, PH, or lockout/defic.
Since youre into flower, the usual treatment would be to flush her, let her dry then feed her with about quart strength need solution,Some say to basically just feed water later in flower, you dont want a build up, so using plain water is neccessary now n then, BUT I AM GUILTY OF FEEDING TOO MUCH MYSELF ;/ But as I removed alot of fan leaves during Defol. I figured that her capacity to store nutes may be a little lessened so I feed her abit. Tho I must add, the solution I use only has a N% of 7,P of 4 and K of 2.5 - So theyre low and I usually feed half strength. So in fact I may be under feeding dosage wise in certain nutes?
I hope to see your girls come out relatively unscathed, They do recover from things pretty quickly if corrected, So you will notice growth if its been lacking before.
JUST A QUICK NOTE ABOUT THE GOLD LABEL NUTES - their statement is only correct so long as there has been no issues, like build ups of salt, leeching or such, So it may well be neccessary to supplement other nutes.
BEST OF LUCK MATE, and IDK about any seed companies, I usually grow bagseed, so im out of that and its hard to guess a strain - But it does kind of resemble a Kush strain IMO. NOT GUARANTEED!!! Catch ya, Smokem

Jimmy, I've been growing autos (soil) in a tent for the past 3 years, and I have walked in your shoes. You have a couple of issues going on micronutrient lockout and nute burn. What type of soil are you using and what is the soils ph level? I would completely lay off the nutes and get your soil ph to 6.5, depending on the severity of the lockout you may see improvement within 4-5 days but may take as long as 2 weeks, thus affecting your yield. I notice a circulation fan inside your tent pointing down towards the floor, when you circulate air down to your pots it will dry your roots out real fast, the best location for this fan would be between your reflector and canopy (top of plants), all you need is your lower vent flaps open for good air circulation down at floor level.

Hope everything works out for you!

Jimmy, I've been growing autos (soil) in a tent for the past 3 years, and I have walked in your shoes. You have a couple of issues going on micronutrient lockout and nute burn. What type of soil are you using and what is the soils ph level? I would completely lay off the nutes and get your soil ph to 6.5, depending on the severity of the lockout you may see improvement within 4-5 days but may take as long as 2 weeks, thus affecting your yield. I notice a circulation fan inside your tent pointing down towards the floor, when you circulate air down to your pots it will dry your roots out real fast, the best location for this fan would be between your reflector and canopy (top of plants), all you need is your lower vent flaps open for good air circulation down at floor level.

Hope everything works out for you!

THanks for the reply

About the fan. In which direction shoud it be pointing. upwards or downwards ?

I have a standard flower soil mixed with hydrograins.

Im going to try now to put flush them with ph 6.5 water and see what happens. I think that the small plants that are the most damaged ones are def. overfeed.

I dont know what ph level the soil is and i dont have any thing to mesure it with.

About what Jimmycricket said about the overhating that should not be a problem since there is never more than 22 celcius in my tent. As you can see the all the pictures have a yellow tone to them becuse of the bloom HPS.

THanks for the reply

About the fan. In which direction shoud it be pointing. upwards or downwards ?

I have a standard flower soil mixed with hydrograins.

Im going to try now to put flush them with ph 6.5 water and see what happens. I think that the small plants that are the most damaged ones are def. overfeed.

I dont know what ph level the soil is and i dont have any thing to mesure it with.

About what Jimmycricket said about the overhating that should not be a problem since there is never more than 22 celcius in my tent. As you can see the all the pictures have a yellow tone to them becuse of the bloom HPS.

Your fan should point straight to the opposite side of the tent, just above your plant tops, you want your plants to receive a gentle breeze. Your temp should be monitored at your plant height as well.

I'm not a big fan of flushing, I never really felt the need to do it. I water slowly until roughly 10% flows out the bottom of my grow bags.

You gotta be able to measure your ph both the water and soil, otherwise your just guessing sometimes you may get lucky but most times you won't. For me, my soil mix that I use is always between 6.0 and 6.8 so I simply keep my water at 6.5. I only check my soil at the beginning of each grow just to be confident it falls between the specified range, now if I see an issue with a plant develop 1st thing I do is check my soil ph, the earlier you catch a problem the better, 99% of the time it's always ph related.

best of luck bro!

Your fan should point straight to the opposite side of the tent, just above your plant tops, you want your plants to receive a gentle breeze. Your temp should be monitored at your plant height as well.

I'm not a big fan of flushing, I never really felt the need to do it. I water slowly until roughly 10% flows out the bottom of my grow bags.

You gotta be able to measure your ph both the water and soil, otherwise your just guessing sometimes you may get lucky but most times you won't. For me, my soil mix that I use is always between 6.0 and 6.8 so I simply keep my water at 6.5. I only check my soil at the beginning of each grow just to be confident it falls between the specified range, now if I see an issue with a plant develop 1st thing I do is check my soil ph, the earlier you catch a problem the better, 99% of the time it's always ph related.

best of luck bro!

Just wanted to let you know that I never remove fan leaves, your plant needs these for the entire grow. During the late flowering stage some may yellow and die on their own, this is normal.

Back
Top Bottom