Leaves Curling down?

hawknest420

My leaves are curling downward and the have raised ridges. I read it could be heat stress. THough I don't think it is that since I have been fighting cold weather. Here are some pics. Would love any ideas as to what it might be.

OH and this is under T5 lighting and there in Foxfarm Happy Frog soil.

IMG00086-20110301-1246.jpg
IMG00084-20110301-1246.jpg
IMG00085-20110301-1246.jpg

Re: Leaves Curling down??

hey hn
it could be a number of things,
how often do you water...
are u watering to much or not enough
the soil looks kind of wet do im guessing over watering..
if you are dont water every day or 2 days stick ur finger in the soil about an inch down and if its dry then water.
to me it looks underwatered or overwatered.
also check ph regularly in water/nutrients and soil.
hope this helps.
peace.

Re: Leaves Curling down??

hey hn
it could be a number of things,
how often do you water...
are u watering to much or not enough
the soil looks kind of wet do im guessing over watering..
if you are dont water every day or 2 days stick ur finger in the soil about an inch down and if its dry then water.
to me it looks underwatered or overwatered.
also check ph regularly in water/nutrients and soil.
hope this helps.
peace.

It might be over watering. I will have to wait and see I guess. Thank you for your help.

definitely over watered but it looks like its root bound. wait a couple of days and pull her out of the pot and check

definitely over watered but it looks like its root bound. wait a couple of days and pull her out of the pot and check

What am I looking for if it is root bound? If it is what is the fix for that?

Thank you for your help. It's nice to get a second opinion. Not like I can just go over to my neighbors house and ask what they think is wrong with my Weed :grinjoint:

hey there hawknest- the roots will be thickened and curling around the bottom of your pot. just pull those circular roots apart. don't freak if ya break one. then transplant it into a pot 2-3 times as big with some new soil. some plants will experience a little shock after transplanting so go REAL EASY on the water and nutes for a week or so until you see new growth.

cold usually only slows growth. in some species it will cause stems to get red or purple. yellow leaves are caused by lack of nitrogen and to a lesser degree calcium and iron

It could be a number of things, maybe bit of Mg deficiency, gives it that "ram horn" look.

Also, over watering and having too small a pot could be a factor as well. Start with the basic stuff first and by process of elimination start checking everything off. Over/under watering? Ph correct? Plant pot large enough? Nutrients in line no over feeding/ deficiency?
:roorrip:

Back
Top Bottom