Leaves curling up

grower420512

420 Member
my plant leaves are curling up and drying out. the plant gets enough water, the ph is right. she gets enough fertilizer. could it be the heat? i'm growing outdoors

my plant leaves are curling up and drying out. the plant gets enough water, the ph is right. she gets enough fertilizer. could it be the heat? i'm growing outdoors

What the temps are?

are they curling up like as if they were in pain, or are they just reaching up to the sun? A picture would help a lot.

Attachments

• photo_2019-07-30_15-05-41.jpg
    photo_2019-07-30_15-05-41.jpg
    524 KB · Views: 131
cannabis grows in country's like india and afganistan, do you even know how hot it gets there? how can spanish weather be too much? it's not a grow room it's outdoors

Some strains don't support being under full sun with 30-40C. I m also growing outdoor this summer and could see some leaves feeling bad the days over 35C so I can't imagine if it was 30-40C all time under full sun

Some strains don't support being under full sun with 30-40C. I m also growing outdoor this summer and could see some leaves feeling bad the days over 35C so I can't imagine if it was 30-40C all time under full sun
the strain i got is for hot climates... at least that's what royal seeds say... what could i do? if they are not under the sun i lose growth right?

I've noticed my current grow they don't like being over 90F. They haven't been in a while as I use an air conditioning but my widows my 2nd grow seem to love the warmer temps.

the strain i got is for hot climates... at least that's what royal seeds say... what could i do? if they are not under the sun i lose growth right?

You could try to put something on top of it to prevent too much sunlight to reach them.

I've noticed my current grow they don't like being over 90F. They haven't been in a while as I use an air conditioning but my widows my 2nd grow seem to love the warmer temps.
do you grow indoors? if so, then i guess that explains it, from what i've read, outdoors can support much higher temps because the roots never get that hot in the soil because of airflow and soil not getting that hot down there

You could try to put something on top of it to prevent too much sunlight to reach them.

won't they grow slower because of it tho? i can just move em... my plants is over a month old now and i've only had this issue when she was small, then it went away, and comeback now. and it's weird because temps have dropped a bit. 30-34c compared to 37-40c last week

ok, some clarification please... the pic helped a lot. Is this a container grow or in the ground? This is not heat damage, looks more to be a magnesium deficiency.
container grow, i recently transplanted it into a very big pot, and gave some fertilizer after. i'm scared to go too hard on the fertilizer because this plant already got nutrient burn some time ago so i don't wanna risk it

Your instincts are mostly correct... now add some calmag to your watering, and hit it with the max recommended dosage since you are outside and dealing with all that solar energy. It is impossible to put enough magnesium, or for that matter, calcium in the soil without locking out other things, so it is oftentimes necessary to supplement all through the grow. This one is a hungry girl, and she is just asking for a little bit more than she can find in the water and the soil.
Welcome to the forum by the way @grower420512, how'd you find us? :welcome:

Your instincts are mostly correct... now add some calmag to your watering, and hit it with the max recommended dosage since you are outside and dealing with all that solar energy. It is impossible to put enough magnesium, or for that matter, calcium in the soil without locking out other things, so it is oftentimes necessary to supplement all through the grow. This one is a hungry girl, and she is just asking for a little bit more than she can find in the water and the soil.
Welcome to the forum by the way @grower420512, how'd you find us? :welcome:
thanks, i found this forum just by googling "cannabis forum" i don't have any magnesium supplement, is there anyway to make one at home? i live in the countryside and there isn't a lot of growshops around

i also water my plants with filtred water (regular filter jug) because the ph is of 6.6, compared to 7+ of tap water

maybe i should water with tap water and add some vinegar to lower ph? (tap water should have more minerals than filtered right?)

Back
Top Bottom