Help please, Leaves curling up, Photo included

bluedawg68

Could anyone diagnose this problem for me ???
1 Month old, growing outdoors.

Leaves curling up and getting worse every day.

Thank you,

IMG_0228.JPG

I apologize Akornpatch. I couldn't find my original post that I made a couple days ago and after searching again just now, I still can't find it.
I assumed it got deleted.

After searching again just now, i see that I've started 4 topics here. My original post made a couple days ago has in fact disappeared.
That's why I posted again using new photos.

Didn't mean to cause any problems.

Maybe you're referring to my "Bluedawg's First Grow" post in the Grow Journals section.
However, that post includes photos of my healthy plants with a reference to a sick one at the end of the post.
It's not identical to this post.

Like I said, didn't mean to cause any problems.
Sorry for the trouble.

Wow Akorn havent seen you around here in quite a long while.

Now bluedawg this is a tricky one...During one of my outdoor grows about 4 years ago we had a drought and the heat was unbearable, high 90's up to the 100's everyday. The leaves of my plants started to curl just like yours. Im not saying this is your problem but it was mine. Whats your temps like? Ive also seen very high humidity do this to my indoor plants. Got a dehumidifier and they stopped. Also from what I can see the leaves that are curled up the edges appear to be a bit yellow. I cant really tell by the pics but thats just what Im seeing. What I would do is give your plants some Nitrogen at 1/4 stregnth every other watering for starters. Check the temperature outside and the humidity. Also check ph of soil.

Thanks SG,
It's been really hot here the last couple of weeks.
I moved the plants to a cooler spot in the backyard yesterday.
Not sure about the ph but, the Humidity here is fine.
Not humid at all.

Now that Im thinking correctly are you using nutes? Im taking it for a given that you are...What stregnth are you feeding them and what are you feeding them? Maybe overloaded. I dont see a major burn though....But just a thought.

I have a 20-10-20 mix that I diluted to around 1/2 strength in a spray bottle.
I spray the soil lightly then, I water them with well-water.

It stopped raining a little while ago. I checked them, they look better after the rain.

If you are using well water you should always adjust the ph of the water. If they look better then keep doing what your doing, if you still have a problem you should flush.

I have a 20-10-20 mix that I diluted to around 1/2 strength in a spray bottle.
I spray the soil lightly then, I water them with well-water.

It stopped raining a little while ago. I checked them, they look better after the rain.

Thanks SG,
Do you think I should start using bottled water ??
You know, like the natural spring water you buy in 1 Gallon jugs at the Grocery ??

^^ Distilled water, huh? Isn't that interesting. Makes sense. I'm guessing that would definitely make things easier to control. Tapp water and even bottled water vary in impurities that could affect the plant?

Bottled water is better than tap water....Tap water has chlorine in it which isnt good for anything. Bottled water half the time IS tap water. Distilled is the way to go. However dont get me wrong you still have to check and adjust the PH of whatever you plan on watering your plants with. However distilled water you go through less hassle.

Back
Top Bottom