Leaves curling up

Emperorsplif

So notice this when I checked my plants today. The leaf tips on one of my plants have dried out and curled up. Was it too close to the light? Using cfls. Grow journal in signature. Here are some pics.

HPIM0989.JPG
HPIM0988.JPG

did you ever figure this out? I went to check on my babies today and mine looked similar to yours. I did notice that mine were thirsty so I watered them with water that has been air bubbling for almost 20 hours and the ph was 5.89. Also my room temp is at 83 F and the humidity is at 43%. Here is a couple of pics, I have 2 different strains and they both looked the same today.

1st strain

IMG_073218.JPG

IMG_072813.JPG

2nd strain

IMG_073114.JPG

IMG_072713.JPG

I went and checked on them again today and watering them didn't change the way they look. Does any one have any ideas of what may be causing this?

I started them from seed in root riot and then after they started to show roots I placed the whole cube into solo cups with Pro mix HP soil. I have not given them any nutes yet, only ph'ed water that has air bubbled for at least 24 hours. They are growing under 3 two foot T5's and they are on 24 hours.

read the part about about leaf distortion- good luck!
Common Types of Damage To Plants Due To Nutritional Or Salt Problems

Generally, seven types of damage normally occur on ornamental plants due to nutritional imbalances or excess soil salts. Leaf Burn may appear on leaf tips, margins, as spots on the leaves, or over the entire leaf surface. Growing tips or buds may also be killed. Necrosis (plant tissue death) is similar to leaf burn, but may occur on any plant part, including leaves, stems, roots, fruits and flowers. Chlorosis is yellowing or bleaching of leaves, and may appear as spots, leaf tip yellowing, or as a generalized chlorosis over the entire leaf. Interveinal chlorosis is a yellowing of leaf tissue occurring between veins. Leaf Distortion may appear as curling, crinkling, or cupping of leaves, or other deformities. Stunting or Abnormal Growth may occur on part of the plant, or on the entire plant. Although nutritional problems or excessive salts can cause any one or several of these symptoms, some insecticides, fungicides, and herbicides may cause identical symptoms, thus the grower should consider phytotoxic effects of pesticidal sprays when evaluating any plant growth problem

ok that is worth looking into, but now how do I figure out if I have excess soil salts in my soil? I tried searching for that but I don't seem to be very good at finding what I am looking for.

Just do a soil PH test.. cheap kit available. I was thinking that as DT420, but maybe a humidity and moisture prob, tho there also maybe other nute probs as stated before too.. Sorry i m not 100%. Goodluk and Happy Harvesting;)

I will go to town and pick up a soil pH tester tomorrow and see what it says. My humidity is at 40% today the highest I've seen is 43%. Thanks for the ideas and I will update with what the soil pH is tomorrow!

ok that is worth looking into, but now how do I figure out if I have excess soil salts in my soil? I tried searching for that but I don't seem to be very good at finding what I am looking for.

ya need to flush your soil/ container with 1/4 strength solution of nute and good water( rainwater or reverse osmosis). the rule of thumb is to slowly flush with twice the volum,e of water. so if you have a 5 gallon pot, flush with 10 gals of water. imo soil testers are crap. your better off getting ph paper and checking your run-off, and comparing the before and after readings to see if soil is too acid/alk

I have not used any nutes on them yet just filtered pH'ed water. I already have this combo tester so I can check the run off when I water them today.

11238621-hanna-instruments-hi-98129-ph.jpg

I think I will get a soil tester too (they are only $12 at the local grow store) and compare the 2 readings. Again thanks for the help and I'll post up the results later tonight.

OK so I watered them tonight with water that had a pH of 6.03 and I caught the run off. The pH of strain 1 was 6.68 and strain 2 was 6.63.

The digital soil pH tester I bought read: strain 1 at 6.7 and strain 2 at 7.0.

I also was talking to the guy at the grow store and he said he thinks they are just too hot and are trying to keep their moister in.

Good job mate.. Hope they kik ass for you now!!

My lil girl is short,bushy and has slight discloloration. Her first set of 3 bladed leaves shows a 'cupping' but not like that, it was more like an over water prob. Now as it was asked, what if ur soil has excess salts?? Will flushing fix this or do you need to add something? I plan to water soon with my Seaweed extract to aid root Dev. it states it also contains essential soil micro organisms so would a product like this balance it out??Thanks for any ideas thought on this.. I like Healthy Plants:):thumb:

Yeah,

The first pic is Nutrition burn, and the second was just heat stress. I see a lot of comments here that are over complicating a simple issue. People tend to do that here I noticed.

Back
Top Bottom