Leaves Curling

Bogus Monkey

My leaves keep curling up longways. Like a Joint. Color is fine. Switched from hydro to organic and everything looks and smells great. They have been doing this all along. Hydro and organic.

And. How do you test soil PH?

You can get a soil pH Test kit - they sell them at most garden stores. It is usually an extraction agent and then some coloring agent which indicates the pH visually. Not real accurate... but I grew for many years using these without issue.

They also have soil pH test meters - you stick a probe into the soil and it provides a reading within a minute or two. These will usually be more accurate and will allow you to test the soil in different spots (for example, a drip system could cause a local hot spot in the soil).

If the leaves are curling up and dry - there could be a number of reasons. Since you have switched systems - I would discount nute burn. I would guess that it has to be that you are running your lights a little too close to the canopy - and might have your humidity down below 50%. The combination of high temps and low humidity will curl the top leaves of a plant quickly.

But without pictures and a little better explanation - that is just an educated guess.

pH_chart71.jpg

First of all I want to respect Greatlife and COKE's responses!! However what I have learned is to start slow with nutes. Weak is always better. And the plant will let you know. Your plant will give you signs of "I NEED FLUSHED" when running over ferted soil. Curling can be from lights too. What type of lights? How close? You got fans? Air cooled? These things matter too. (everything Greatlife said, I was thinking the same) But usually over fert will result in discoloration and dry (burn/crispy) leaves.

Back
Top Bottom