Leaves starting to curl

215BegginingGrower

Why is my leaves starting to curl? Is it because of the sunlight or nutes? It’s in veg growth right now with a 400 Lumens Led blue light but I jus amped it up to 800 lumens CFL a few minutes ago. I’m hoping it will change but in the meantime I need answers. I have given it no nutes yet and been growing since July 24th, I transplanted it to a half gallon pot about a few days ago so help. I Am limited to very few resorces

hi 215

how warm is your grow space ? only ask as leaves doing a taco can point to heat issues, tho other stuff can cause curling as well.

suggest adding a pic or two of the plants to help in diagnosing. also the medium and method of grow may help. you mention no nutes, are you in soil ? and is there any nutes in the soil already ? kinda seems they should be on some food by now. do you know the ph of the grow medium and water you are using ?

welcome too :welcome:

not to worry, someone more knowledgeable will be along shortly

Id say pH...your plants are going to need some food, looking a little light in colour... Free nutes? urine (watered down) to get some green into her,

hi 215

how warm is your grow space ? only ask as leaves doing a taco can point to heat issues, tho other stuff can cause curling as well.

suggest adding a pic or two of the plants to help in diagnosing. also the medium and method of grow may help. you mention no nutes, are you in soil ? and is there any nutes in the soil already ? kinda seems they should be on some food by now. do you know the ph of the grow medium and water you are using ?

welcome too :welcome:

not to worry, someone more knowledgeable will be along shortly

This was today I’m at Walmart now and was going to go next door to Lowe’s in the plant area, wat nutes do I need ? I do feel as tho it needs food now and I believe my grow space is rather luke warm than the warm it’s supposed to be

Attachments

• BD27116D-ED60-4B0B-B719-B2F947919C25.jpeg
    BD27116D-ED60-4B0B-B719-B2F947919C25.jpeg
    564.7 KB · Views: 55
Id say pH...your plants are going to need some food, looking a little light in colour... Free nutes? urine (watered down) to get some green into her,

I’m going to get a PH meter for my soil today, would the same meter be able to work for water? Urine sounds good I’ll do that when I get home

You'll want to put her into a bigger Pot... If possible, use the sun as much as you can, free and better light..

I don't know what wattage those lights are... you want around a three gallon pot.. you can flower out in that size but 5gal plus is recommended for soil... Put her under the sun when you can and put her back under lights at night, save some bucks on electricity..

I don't know what wattage those lights are... you want around a three gallon pot.. you can flower out in that size but 5gal plus is recommended for soil... Put her under the sun when you can and put her back under lights at night, save some bucks on electricity..

Thanks so much! I’m really taking heed of everything your telling me but I have one more question, is this fertilizer good for her?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    447.2 KB · Views: 46
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    437.6 KB · Views: 42
Yeah, that will be alright to use during veg...

I have a (female I believe) plant that was starting to curl like tacos. I asked a forum why and I herd it was because I was growing in time released soil. The conditions of the plant was getting bad but I switched everything today far as the type of soil (used to use miracle grow potting soil) , an exact 6.5 PH water (used to use faucet water and Poland spring mixed), a 1300 Lumen LED Light (used to use a 600 lumen [Blue LED] Light that was equivalent to 100W, adding it’s first food after transplant to new dirt, and it’s still dropping. I took these pics just now I’m showing u the fertilizer I used today and a before pic from August 18th and a after pic to just this second.

What could be the reason my plant looks like this? Any help on wat to do to fix it?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    589.4 KB · Views: 38
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    448.3 KB · Views: 54
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    430.7 KB · Views: 47
  • AC485366-0501-4569-BA61-82636949DDAF.jpeg
    AC485366-0501-4569-BA61-82636949DDAF.jpeg
    370.9 KB · Views: 44
  • DB98050C-9332-4808-B6F6-075B2D9CDE17.jpeg
    DB98050C-9332-4808-B6F6-075B2D9CDE17.jpeg
    637.3 KB · Views: 65
  • A5A98176-67FA-4300-A259-0DD49C8BBA5D.jpeg
    A5A98176-67FA-4300-A259-0DD49C8BBA5D.jpeg
    547.4 KB · Views: 57
  • 844309D4-2C3E-4900-A240-F0F9E4D42073.jpeg
    844309D4-2C3E-4900-A240-F0F9E4D42073.jpeg
    643.5 KB · Views: 41
Ok I will get involved but I need time to look at all of the pics closely.
1. Whats the actual wattage of the lamp and how close has it been to the plants?
2. Has any cooling been given , fan & a/c?
3. Has the runoff ph been tested?
4. In a picture is what Im seeing a "topped plant" a purposeful cutting of the mainstem?
5. How often has the plant been fed/watered?
6. When was the first time it rec'd nutes?

Apart from those answers helping it looks a lot like light burn and over watering. And possibly heat exhaustion.

Ok I will get involved but I need time to look at all of the pics closely.
1. Whats the actual wattage of the lamp and how close has it been to the plants?
2. Has any cooling been given , fan & a/c?
3. Has the runoff ph been tested?
4. In a picture is what Im seeing a "topped plant" a purposeful cutting of the mainstem?
5. How often has the plant been fed/watered?
6. When was the first time it rec'd nutes?

Apart from those answers helping it looks a lot like light burn and over watering. And possibly heat exhaustion.

1. Whats the actual wattage of the lamp and how close has it been to the plants? ——— “Use max 40 W Type A Lamp” and close enough to keep box warm
2. Has any cooling been given , fan & a/c? ——— Yes Mini Fan
3. Has the runoff ph been tested? ——— No but recently tested the PH for the water I’m giving it which is 6.5
4. In a picture is what Im seeing a "topped plant" a purposeful cutting of the mainstem? ——— The main stem hasn’t been cut but today I trimmed most of the dried out leaves
5. How often has the plant been fed/watered? ——— Every 3-5 days
6. When was the first time it rec'd nutes? Yesterday, added a teaspoon of fish fertilizer into a 3 ounce water bottle, shook up, and pour over and near the stem. But I think I may have washed it out because when I transplanted it all I did was spray water on soil to make it hold, after I realized I didn’t actually water it to the point of draining I watered again mildly until a few drops. But people have told me about washing out plants and I hope I didn’t do that.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    370.5 KB · Views: 40
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    383.8 KB · Views: 38
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    515.2 KB · Views: 45
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg