Led Customization

buzcuzz

Hello 420, I am relatively new to growing, only 3 harvest (indoors). I have been using 400w hid & t5's but am wanting to graduate to perpetuals using leds = to 800-1000w hids in flowering and continue using the 400 & t5's for veg. I have spoken with one of the sponsors here and they said they customize but I would like to get some opinions for the most productive spectrums from all at 420 before doing so. Throughout researching I'm constantly running into contradictions and am hoping to get some straight answers here.
The goal is to be harvesting 4 plants (12-16oz per month). 8 plants per tent. Will use risers in veg when needed and 2 separate panels in flowering. Any input is greatly appreciated and thank you in advance. :peace:

What exactly is your question?
I've been hearing about these customizable LED's and I must say I am curious.
Vegetative cycle should use Blue Spectrum or 6500K
Flowering Cycle should use Red Spectrum or 3000K

What exactly is your question?
I've been hearing about these customizable LED's and I must say I am curious.

I was hoping that maybe some successful led growers would share there thoughts on the best spectrums and there placements in the panels. Or if they would happened to have some kinda of layout, chart, pic, or whatever.
Like I said I'm relatively new to the scene but specs you mentioned sound like cfl's. But there's many other specs, but through contradictions I don't know what to believe. And my lack knowledge or technical skills isn't helping.

There has been quite a bit of discussion about adding white leds,as it can really add to the necessary light spectrum for real healthy plants.I have read quite a few posts by Hosebomber...that guy knows his stuff.I plan on asking the same type of question about customizing as buzcuzz is asking...if/when I ever decide on what light to order. :)

Here is a link to a helpful post by Hosebomber discussing this very issue:

Opinions Needed on LED Lights!

A little more detail about your grow style would help. Are growing in a sea of green or scrog? what dimensions is your actual growing area
(not the size of the room). If you want to harvest every month, then realistically you will need 3 separate flower areas (most strains take at least 10 weeks to finish and sometimes longer) or room in your flower area to added the new plants every month.

As for the customization of panels and diode placement, i'm still not quite ready to give my spectra out (still holding out hope that I will get them produced in the future), but I will tell you that having more than one diode in each the red and blue wavelengths does better, and I will never make a panel without white diodes in it again. Different plants and different strains of the same type of plant can have very different requirements when it comes to what produces the best results.

If you have any specific questions I'll do my best to answer them.

I can understand your reluctance to give out your formula Hosebomber.It's obvious that you have worked very hard to gain an understand of all the factors in plant lighting.

I do hope tho,that if/when I do decide on which way to go,that maybe you could give me a little guidance in what trades to make if I do decide to customize.I do get the notion that it would behoove me to add a little more white,so that would be what I was thinking.

I'm an old fart.I just want to do the best I can without going too far over budget.

A little more detail about your grow style would help. Are growing in a sea of green or scrog? what dimensions is your actual growing area
(not the size of the room). If you want to harvest every month, then realistically you will need 3 separate flower areas (most strains take at least 10 weeks to finish and sometimes longer) or room in your flower area to added the new plants every month.

As for the customization of panels and diode placement, i'm still not quite ready to give my spectra out (still holding out hope that I will get them produced in the future), but I will tell you that having more than one diode in each the red and blue wavelengths does better, and I will never make a panel without white diodes in it again. Different plants and different strains of the same type of plant can have very different requirements when it comes to what produces the best results.

If you have any specific questions I'll do my best to answer them.

Thank you Hosebomber for replying. So far throughout my readings I've came across a few of your post and must say I already have mad respect for your skills. Hope someday I get to your level.
As far as the grow style goes: 4x4 tent, also have a 3x4 closet but plan on adding another tent to use instead, 4x4 or 5x5. 8 plants per area. Will use risers when needed for 4 of them in the veg area. In flowering area same thing but no risers because plan on using 2 panels, 1 per 4 plants. Growing in 3gal pots currently using mix coco, soil, and perlite with some amendments, but eventually will move to just coco, perlite, and maybe worm castings.
Anyways, I completely understand your position on giving out spectrum. I can't send pm just yet but can receive them as far as I know so if you wouldn't mind would you pm me your email address cause I do have a question for you but not sure if I should post it as it might overwhelm you with other responses. And thank you again, deeply appreciated. :peace:

p.s. I utilize the entire areas mentioned above, or pretty close to it.

check out top led, they have a standard spectrum or customized with only red/white and Ir if I am right. I am running a MarsII 1200 "custom" spectrum, and very happy.. and price make happy too.. :thumb:

yes, we custom light now. flower light has red, white and infared. vege light has blue and white in the light.

yes, we custom light now. flower light has red, white and infared. vege light has blue and white in the light.
Thanks Campesino and Sara. Does the standard work from seed to harvest? And when you say customized, are you also talking about how much of each spectrum and placements? Wouldn't know where to begin, but just curious.

yes, our standard ligh twork from seeds to harvest.

customized light means we can do the spectrum you want. but usually we do flower one or vege one. most people like these two. they have vege room , flower room seperate
Thanks Campesino and Sara. Does the standard work from seed to harvest? And when you say customized, are you also talking about how much of each spectrum and placements? Wouldn't know where to begin, but just curious.

I've read that uv in flowering is beneficial for turpine and resin production. If this is true what would do you think the amount of UV should be in the panels?

Back
Top Bottom