Campesino's Rooms - Various Strains - Soil And Coco - First Timer

Campesino

Hi everybody,

After years being a reader and learning from others journals, I decide to enter in the community more actively and find more advise and tips and share with good vibes with all this awesome 420community.
First of all, english is not my first language so be kind. I am from the old continent, now i am living in a South American country (south capricorn) for some years. Without practice, I have been loosing the vocabulary and grammar .. hope I improve writing more over here.
I am growing for medical personal use, to take care of an old injury in my back and neck (motocross) that keep coming after long surf session..and my wife that have chronic headache.

Anyway,
my veg room is a shower toilet room
250w cfl
300w Led (brand that no longer a sponsor here and the company doesn't exist anymore lol)
exhaust fan 125cfm (small one for toilet) and a small fan to move air.

Flower room
grow tent 8x4
600w hps air cooled with a digital ballast gavita
Mars II 1200 topled custom spectrum
exhaust centrifugal fan more or less 550 cfm with a controller and carbon filter...I exhaust in the attic.
intake centrifugal fan 125/325 cfm..i plan to intake from outside as soon as I buy a filter (any though? Ive been watching the dust shroom..)
portable AC 9000 btu siting in the room outside the tent at full speed because it is f***g summer and this year it is very hot.

Plants in the flower room are all in soil (royal mix plagron), some in 5g buckets and others that have been vegetated less are in smart pot 15liters.
Plants in veg are clones that i took from plants in flower, I don't keep mother but I plan to in the future when I improve My veg room in the place we will move in a couple of months. Plants under CFL are in soil and the others under the LED are in coco..

About the food:
I use Ro water (water is very very bad here; lots of bad things from mine industry..and ppm at 550) I supplement RO with Pro-cal or cal-mag+ depend what I have available here.
the base nuts for soil are : plagron terra, cannazym and massive bloom and ph up canna pro to adjust at 6.5, watering every 5/6 days
and for coco in veg (first time in coco wanted to give a try), have been given cal mag+, powder-feeding and cannazym, Ec 1,2 and ph at 5.8 (without need to adjust) every watering every other day.

Strains are:
in flower: masterkush, super critical, nothern lights, AMS, NL5 haze mist, and a superbud (I wont do again).
in veg : masterkush, super critical, AMS, Bluemystic, nl5 haze mist

For the climate, as I said it is summer here and with a very hot one this year so I have the lights at night, even that with AC and the grow tent a bit open, I have 80º.. and during the day (night for the plants) I have 72/73º with full AC running.(if I cut the AC during plant sleep it is like 76/78 , question: can I cut Ac and let plant sleep at this temp?) .it's 100+ outside and it is a old rented house with few or no insulation so very hard to keep temp in place.
my electric bill these months will be out of control...lol...
RH is between 45 an 65 %

ok time for pictures:

veg:
IMG_80812.JPG

IMG_8077.JPG

IMG_80751.JPG

Flower Tent:

IMG_80871.JPG
IMG_80853.JPG
IMG_80862.JPG
IMG_80892.JPG
IMG_80883.JPG
IMG_80903.JPG
IMG_81062.JPG
IMG_81001.JPG
IMG_8091.JPG

that's all.
i will have lots a questions in this journey so I hope pro's like drdank, cultivator and lots more can come over here.....

thanks

peace! :Namaste:

Subscribed. Your temperature and humdity is fine, you want 70°-90° Fahrenheit and 50%-70% humidity for vegetative growth and 30%-50% humidity for flowering. Your pH is too high for coco coir, you want pH 5.8 for hydroponic and soiless (peat moss and coco coir) and pH 6.5 for soil.

Hi dennise, I ve been reading your journal lately...Good you came over here!

KingJC, would you cut the AC unit when plants are sleeping? (I want to reduce the future power bill coming...lol).. temps without AC will be about 78º and 60%RH ....With AC it is 70/72...it is worth it to let running to gain 6-8 degree at night ?
thanks

If your nighttime temperatures are 78° and 60% humidity I would not bother runnings the air conditioning, in the summer time the outdoor nighttime temperatures are similar here.

Very nice. How long did you veg before you switch to flowering? How long will you let them flower?

Hi CajunCanna!
thank you to come over,
if I remember,the biggers vegged like 6/7 weeks since put in soil the others smallers 4 weeks i think. they are clones from clones. they received low cfl, I don't have a good place for veg as I would..
I put them under theses lights the 25th nov (that what I noted in Herb IQ; thanks to BID journals for this little awesome tool)...
I start counting usually when first hairs popup like 7/10 days after switch.so this girls have almost 5 weeks...
when to harvest...for this part I will need help from the 420community.:helpsmilie:.I think I always cut too early..:hmmmm:

looking good bro:thumb: im subbed. I run my temps much cooler day and night than whats being suggested here, 75 daytime 69 nightime 40-45% rh max in the floweroom,if your venting outside air into your room and its summertime then theres a good chance of spores of some sort getting in, if you keep the rh low you minimize the risk of mold or pm taking hold. Climate imho is just as important as enough light, if your planning any upgrades in the future a mini split a/c would be the way to go, it would give you total control of your enviroment and give you the option of sealing your room and adding co2. There are several DYI units available out there like mine that are very easy to install:)

looking good bro:thumb: im subbed. I run my temps much cooler day and night than whats being suggested here, 75 daytime 69 nightime 40-45% rh max in the floweroom,if your venting outside air into your room and its summertime then theres a good chance of spores of some sort getting in, if you keep the rh low you minimize the risk of mold or pm taking hold. Climate imho is just as important as enough light, if your planning any upgrades in the future a mini split a/c would be the way to go, it would give you total control of your enviroment and give you the option of sealing your room and adding co2. There are several DYI units available out there like mine that are very easy to install:)

Thanks DrD, was hoping your inputs....love your setups, and journals..a lot...reaalllyyyy..hope everything is ok..

thinking the same about high RH at night..and i ve been stressed crazy to keep bugs away. your totally right, more control, less stress..everyone happy..
I was planning to intake air from outside but don't know how to filter it..any inputs?.can't find Hepa filter where I live.
for now it is venting the air from the same room (suck the air of the house) inside the tent and exhaust in the attic. and I'll let portable Ac full all day long.
I tried to increase the air flow to prevent nasties, hope it works for now..guys, is there a product (organic homemade would be the best) to prevent spore and pm that can be sprayed around in the room (not on the plants) and in the entire house? safe for pets and baby?

The sealed room project is definitely a big step and an option, I think in the long term its necessary. but all the gear needed scare me a lot (and mrs Campesino will too :bitingnails:..).and I have two left square hands to build things.. I don't have easy access to indoor growing stuff, and everything cost at least the double.So I need to evaluate...questions : Does Co2 bottles are the same that are used to make beer? does a dehumidifier is needed for sealed room? or the Ac do the job?
thanks a lot!

you would definetly need a dehuey in a sealed room and a scrubber(carbon filter fan combo), heres a link to a DIY co2 generator,DIY CO2 Generator - Compliments of Jandre 2k3!, you could easily use this same concept with say one of those 20 litre culligan bottles, all you need is one tube coming from the bottle to the top of your tent, co2 is heavier than air so it sinks to the bottom, a small circulating fan on the floor helps to keep it moving. As long as you keep feeding the brew sugar it will keep making co2, hope this helps:)

you would definetly need a dehuey in a sealed room and a scrubber(carbon filter fan combo), heres a link to a DIY co2 generator,DIY CO2 Generator - Compliments of Jandre 2k3!, you could easily use this same concept with say one of those 20 litre culligan bottles, all you need is one tube coming from the bottle to the top of your tent, co2 is heavier than air so it sinks to the bottom, a small circulating fan on the floor helps to keep it moving. As long as you keep feeding the brew sugar it will keep making co2, hope this helps:)

thanks for the info on the DIY co2 generator..its a good project for sunweeday afternoon..
I will definitely need your help when I move to the new place and setup the new room.
I think i will go for sealed, I only need to find a decent dehumid, a Co2 tank, and buy an eco mini split . lol, I have the rest (I think) of the equipment. I was thinking if the Co2 tank are the same as for beer? sorry noob/dumb question..

Welcome shootafire..(nice harvest by the way..). I am very glad to have you here.
Lots of good barrels, only yesterday at the sunset session, get two perfect one come out with the spit, just the same awesome feeling each time. stoked...:surf:
Anyway, I have followed your journal and wanted definitely to try SuperSoil.
All you guys who run supersoil have some awesome results, very simple just adding water. so a month ago, I tried to find the ingredients where I live and....nothing .Really nothing.(just found worm castings)... So pissed... Ordering online? I don't think it works to get it directly.
So I ordered online anyway, but send it to trusted friend who live in my birth country, and will pack very well all the ingredients in some zip bags and send it to me. I hope it works. This is my one month story trying to get supersoil running.
Question, can I use bag of biobizz (light or all mix) or plagron royal mix for base soil? only available here. thanks

Back
Top Bottom