LED Danger - Melting Chips

That's perfect thank you! The purple dots are basically a square meter which represents my grow tent and it breaks down to a PPFD of 758.
unless I'm doing my math wrong. The value of all dots except the green ones divided by 25

The lights I went with cost me less than the Mars Cree 256 and it only uses 400 wall watts, PLUS makes a PPFD of about 1100.
These are the numbers that we need to compile to do the real comparisons on grow lights..

Apologies for derailing the thread.

Your math is a great example of how deceiving their graph is designed to be. Finding the average PPFD should be that easy, adding all the target footprint's data points and dividing by the amount of data points. You can do that on my graphs but their graph is incomplete. Without consistent data points, these misleadingly high averages are calculated.

The center 2x2 is worth 4 square feet and on their graph is represented by the black, blue and red points, totaling 13 points. The purple points represent the 3x3 which is worth 5 square feet of space, but only represented by 12 data points. If the missing 3x3 and 2x2 points were calculated the average would be much lower than 758. That was a big deal in getting them to produce a complete graph for the Mars II 1200.

Your math is a great example of how deceiving their graph is designed to be. Finding the average PPFD should be that easy, adding all the target footprint's data points and dividing by the amount of data points. You can do that on my graphs but their graph is incomplete. Without consistent data points, these misleadingly high averages are calculated.

The center 2x2 is worth 4 square feet and on their graph is represented by the black, blue and red points, totaling 13 points. The purple points represent the 3x3 which is worth 5 square feet of space, but only represented by 12 data points. If the missing 3x3 and 2x2 points were calculated the average would be much lower than 758. That was a big deal in getting them to produce a complete graph for the Mars II 1200.

Wow thank you for informing me on the math side of the chart! Ill be able to tell a proper chart from an incomplete cheater chart now! It's unfortunate how difficult it is to be able to comepare led's between eachother...most are either under-powered or over-priced especially when u put them beside HPS

Seems to me that DIY COB's are the way to go if you want the whole efficient/safe/reliable/cost effective slices of the pie. You just need to add some elbow grease and cost drops dramatically. Digi-Key could use a sponsorship at this forum.

Back
Top Bottom