LED DS300 Blue Dream - Pineapple Express - Green Love Potion - Acapulco Gold

justabluez

What strain is it? HSO Blue Dream/G13 Pineapple Express/Samsara Green Love Potion/Barney's Acapulco Gold
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages?
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? All in VEG.
[BD] sprouted 9/26,
[PE] sprouted 10/1,
[GLP] sprouted 10/6
[AG] sprouted 10/7

If in Veg... For how long?
If in Flower stage... For how long?
Indoor or outdoor?
Soil or Hydro?
If soil... what is in your mix? Using Roots Organic Soil. Much better for seedlings than FFOF.
If soil... What size pot? Currently all are in 2 gal pots. Will transplant to 5 gal in flower mode
Size of light? Platinum LED DS300 (150x X 3) (450w 11 band LED)
Is it aircooled?
Temp of Room/cab? Temps 76F / 56% Humidity
RH of Room/cab?
PH of media or res?
Any Pests ?
How often are you watering?
Type and strength of ferts used? Using Advanced Nutrients Jungle Juice combo.
----------------

Hello 420MagFam!

This is my 4th little experiment with this amazing plant. I think I like growing the plant just as much as I like "EATING" it. Yes, I have discovered "canna-fried-eggs" for breakfast. Ahhhh what a way to start your day...

The staring cast for this "Romantic Comedy" are as follows:
1. HSO Blue Dream 'aka' [BD]. She was the first to pop up out of some seeds that I planted. The rest didnt make it (blue og, pineapple express, (sweet deep grapefruit X Pipe Dream)). I think I planted them too deep in the dirt and the seeds just didnt pop..

2. G13 Pineapple Express [2] "aka' [PE] was the 2nd [PE] seed I popped, because the first one just didnt make it for me. She grows slow. 2nd oldest, but the [GLP] and [AG] are already bigger.

3. Samsara Green Love Potion 'aka' [GLP]. I'm excited about this biach! I've seem most of the 420 posts, and I can't wait to see how it turns out. My lil [GLP] is a little over 1 week old, and when you rub the leaves and smell, you know this biach is going to have a STRONG SMELL! I hope its not too strong!

4. Barney's Acapulco Gold 'aka' [AG]. This is my 2nd go round with this senorita. The first time I used FFOF soil, and it burned the shitz out of the lil' seedling. Now I'm trying Roots Organic Soil, and I'm impressed. None of the seedlings are burned, and they all have the same dark green color.

Re: LED DS300 Blue Dream/Pineapple Express/Green Love Potion/Acapulco Gold

Today I flipped on the Flowering LED lights. Now I have both veg+flowering lights on. I'll probably VEG for a few more days, then go into flowering.

[Blue Dream] is about 27 days old, and its about 18-20 inches tall. I finally topped it and replanted in 5 gal fabric pot. Looks like it will be tall.

[Pineapple Express] is a runt, about 22 days old. I believe I over watered it. I replanted it in 5 gal fabric pot, and it did not have a very good root ball. Its the 2nd oldest, but its the smallest of the group. Possibly the seeds were old.

[Green Love Potion] - currently still in 2 gal pot. Looks good for 17 days old. It has the fat indica leaves. I think I also over-watered this one. Not sure if I will transplant in a bigger pot.

[Acapulco Gold] - currently still in 2 gal por. Looks much better than my last run. 16 days old.

all_102314.jpg

Switched the light cycle to 12/12.
- Blue Dream is about 33 days old . Transplanted to 5 gal pot, and LSTd.
- Pineapple Express is ablut 28 days old and still a runt. Transplanted to 5 gal pot.
- Green Love potion is about 23 days old. Still in 2 gal pot. Need to transplant.
- Acapulco Gold is about 22 days old. Still in 2 gal pot. Need to transplant.

Transplanted the AG and GLP into 5 gal pots.

One thing I've noticed with the LED light is that the plants roots are much more massive than with the HPS. When I transplanted the Blue Dream, it almost seemed like there was no dirt, and ONLY ROOTS. The roots seemed to wrap around into the shape of the 2 gal pot. Same for the AG and GLP. Both had massive roots. I'm glad I transplanted the AG and GLP. I started not to transplant them because of laziness....The Pineapple Express is still a runt. Hopefully the 12/12 will help her.

Tomorrow will be 1 week 12/12. So far, so good. PE is finally starting to grow a little. AG and GLP are getting bushy. BD is the biggest, and the only plant I LSTd. I think I will just let the rest of the plants grow naturally with very little training, since they were not vegd very long, I don't expect the PE,AG,GLP to get very big. The AG at 3 weeks veg under the LED is twice as big as the last AG I ran under a 400w with a 5-6 week veg. Also, I seem to have a indica leaning pheno on the AG. It has the fat indica leaves, and its deep green and quite bushy.

The babies are looking good so far. The HSO Blue Dream is a beast at a little over 1 month VEG. The AG is coming in second in height, then the GLP, then lastly the Pineapple Express. Pineapple Express is finally starting to grow a bit. Still basically first week flowering, and pistils are just starting to pop out. I can definitely tell the difference with this LED for the VEG. Also, I switched up on the soil. I'm using the roots organic soil, and jungle juice/molasses. It will be more exciting when I start to see those BUDS!!!

Here is a snapshot of the ladies:
all_110614.jpg

Front right, the blue dream is taking over.

The babies are looking good so far. The HSO Blue Dream is a beast at a little over 1 month VEG. The AG is coming in second in height, then the GLP, then lastly the Pineapple Express. Pineapple Express is finally starting to grow a bit. Still basically first week flowering, and pistils are just starting to pop out. I can definitely tell the difference with this LED for the VEG. Also, I switched up on the soil. I'm using the roots organic soil, and jungle juice/molasses. It will be more exciting when I start to see those BUDS!!!

Here is a snapshot of the ladies:
all_110614.jpg

Front right, the blue dream is taking over.

Nice! Im thinking about switching to Jungle Juice for my nutrients since im broke and its cheap but still designed for cannabis.. Going to have to call them and see if its safe to use for juicing tho. Would be kind of messed up if you could not use it for juicing with juice in the name of the product haha!

Ya im loving these 450's for vegging. The juicing tent just keeps taking off. Also right now im only flowering and vegging with half power to save money so it will be interesting to see what it brings in flowers.

Hey Xbones,

I agree that this Platinum LED 450W is nice. I also noticed that all of my plants this go round seem much more green and healthy. I used to use Fox Farm Ocean Forest, but it always burned up my plants. So far, with this Roots Organic soil, all of my plants except the PE have MASSIVE roots, and they all look strong and healthy. I do see the bottom leaves turning lime green on the Blue Dream, but only at the bottom. I only use maybe a corner cap full of the jungle juice (all 3), once a week. I added some molasses to the last watering. None of the plants have any nute burn... So far, so good....

This grow, I must say that I'm a bit lazy with posts and pictures...But its not very exciting yet. I'm just seeing pistils. Once the flowers are more developed, I'll be more motivated to take pictures!!! The first couple weeks of flowering is quite boring...

I have been growing PE for a couple of years, LOVE her. She is the mom of a couple of my crosses. It is a mistake to push her into flower so fast, you'll not get her at full potential unless you give her more time. Most plants will do MUCH better for you, yield and potency-wise, if you give em 6-8 weeks in veg. Now, the BD and AG, will stretch a lot, so those you pretty much have to flip early, or top.

Your girls look very healthy! It's just your PE isn't really a runt, just a slow starter. Mine do really well and I can tell you they smell and taste absolutely amazing, with a great high! Don't give up on her! BD is a great strain, too! Never grew the other 2, but if AG is like Colombian Gold, that's another great choice! Looks like they're doing great, so far. But, don't blame the PE! She just had to grow up too soon. You won't be disappointed when she's done!

Can't wait to see how these babies progress, I love watching LED grows, someday I will be able to grow my own medicine under a beautiful top of the line LED.. but for now I'll stick to my DIY hood and CFL's haha.

Anyways, good looking plants, can't wait for the next budding update.. hopefully they are nice and swole!

A little over 3 weeks flowering
========================

All the ladies are flowering, and showing long white pistils. Not really smelly yet. However, the BD smells like candy, and the GLP smells like fresh mint. The AG and PE dont really have a smell yet. The LED light does not get very hot, and my temps probably average around 75 F. All the plants are still mostly green with not many signs of nute burn/deficiencies/etc. I've been light on the nutes. I have noticed that the Blue Dream is a thirsty lady. I try to let them go about 4 days before water. I usually feel the leaves, and if they feel a little limp, I water, if the leaves are perky, I dont water.

Here is the GLP. Smells like mint. Its about 3 feet tall. The tallest plant.
glp_111914_9.jpg

Here is the BD. It looks like it will have the biggest yield. This is the only plant I topped.
bd_111914_1.jpg

Here is the PE. Its only about 2 feet tall. Not a lot of leaves, but plenty of buds.
pe_111914_2.jpg

I forgot to take pictures of the AG... Next update.

4 weeks flowering today
-----------------------
Today is 4 weeks flowering for all the ladies. All are filling out a bit.

The PE is getting fluffy, and the smell....sweet pineapple something...
The BD is also fluffy, and smells like candy.
The GLP is the tallest, and also getting fluffy. Smells like mint.
The AG is the slowest to bud. It has that dank skunk citrus smell...

I've been using light nutes. I added some more dirt to cover the roots on the top. Did a light defoilation. Will probably have to pull off more leaves in another week or so .

I also added a couple of CFL lights on each side since the plants are tall.

Almost exciting !!

5 Weeks Flowering Today !!
------------------------------

These ladies seem to like the LED light. I'm still trying to master when to water to keep the leaves from drooping too much.
So far, feeling the leaves everyday seems to help guage when to water. I notice how the leaves feel when they have just been watered,
then I feel them everyday to see how they gradually get droopy. This helps me learn when they need water .

Blue Dream Update
==============

Oldest plant, and the most filled out. Its starting to snow on this baby. I can smell the berries. Mostly all leaves
still green. She is doing good so far.
bd_120414.jpg

-----------------------------
Pineapple Express
-----------------------------

2nd oldest, and has the fattest buds. They seem to be getting quite big. Reminds me of the G13 C99.

pe_120414_7.jpg

-----------------------
Green Love Potion
-----------------------

3rd in age, and the tallest plant. I wish I would have topped the plant to make it more short and compact like the Blue Dream.
Sticky pleasant smelling plant so far.

glp_120414_7.jpg
glp_120414_8.jpg
glp_120414_6.jpg
glp_120414_4.jpg
glp_120414_3.jpg

---------------------
Acapulco Gold
============

AG is the last to sprout. She is taller than the PE, but has less density. Does not seem like a big producer. I grew it once before and barely got 1 ounce. However, I love the smoke. I got a handful of AG left. She seems slower than the rest of the strains, however, her nugs seem to be forming differently than the others.

ag_120414_3.jpg
ag_120414_2.jpg

ag_112714.jpg

6 weeks flowering tomorrow
--------------------------

Its been about 6 weeks 12/12. So far, all the ladies are doing well. All the ladies seem to like the LED light. I also added a couple of cfl's for the lower bud because all the plants are tall. So far, I think the Green Love Potion is my favorite to look at, followed by the Acapulco Gold. The Pineapple Express and Blue Dream are about a tie.

I LOVE THE SMELL OF THE TENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here is a shot of all the ladies
----------------------------
all_121014_4.jpg

all_120714.jpg
all_120414_11.jpg
ag_glp_121014_1.jpg
120714_3.jpg
120714_2.jpg
all_120414_6.jpg
all_120414.jpg

============
HSO Blue Dream
============

The blue dream is getting frosty. Smells like berries. Very fruity. Can't wait to see it pile on the fat.

bd_120414_4.jpg
bd_120414.jpg

================
G13 Pineapple Express
================
This lady smells good. Nice pineapple intoxicating scent. Buds are getting fat.

pe_120414.jpg
pe_120414_4.jpg

====================
Samsara Green Love Potion
====================

If someone twisted my arm and FORCED me to choose a favorite, it would be the Green Love Potion. I like the way it grows and the way
it smells. Can't wait to try the smoke.

glp_120414_8.jpg
glp_120414_5.jpg
glp_120414_4.jpg
glp_120414_3.jpg

=====================
Barney's Farm Acapulco Gold
=====================

Also smells nice. Still very green. This one has the slowest bud development out of all the ladies.

ag_121014_1.jpg

Subscribed! Great looking plants, it is always hard to see how frosty they are under the LED light. I just entered week 7 of flower myself so looks like we will be harvesting around the same time.

After looking at you setup I am considering lowering my lights a few inches.

Back
Top Bottom