LED experiment help

steevtokes

i have two of these
Bescor LED90K LED Video Light Kit LED90K B&H Photo Video

If you don't want to click the link here are the specs.

90w LED Lights
10mm LED x77
A wide, powerful beam for location lighting applications
Built-in color correction
AC adapters
Mirrored reflector
built-in 4500K color correction filter.

mine have a yellow filter on them which makes them 4500k. one of them i took off.

the new LEDs this company has put out are similar to mine without the filter. and there specs read 6500K light contains 88 LEDs that output the equivalent of 95W 410 lumens.

now i hear filters are no good for plant growth. they just block all other colors besides the one the filter puts out.

so if i take the filters off both I'm guessing the light is naturally 6500k.

on my next grow will this help supplement my AdvancedLED diamond series 300w or r they useless?

410 lumens is not very much light the web sit says it can be powered by aa batteries ot rechargablebatteries so they probably won't increase your yield by much i bet it'd be hard to even measure the increase

- AC adapters
- Powered by AA Alkaline or Rechargeable NiMH

could give it a try just to do

thanks for your guys input. I didn't mention the batteries not thinking it mattered. Hosebomber thanks for filling in the gaps.

I might try them out one day but feel like its a waste of 180w im looking into adding cfls or maybe a 250w hps to supplement/expand on my next grow.

now will adding these lights negatively effect the light produced from my LED?
does it change the spectrum to that where the LED isn't using its full potential?

These should only pull about 23 watts each depending on their driver efficiency (around 17 from the actual LED's).

As for adding these lights. It will not change anything you do or the functionality of your other lights. It will simply add a little more mid-range color rendering (which you will not need if you are using an HPS or MH light).

Generally speaking you do not want your ballast built into your light fixture. The ballast is where most of your heat is created at. Street light fixtures or outdoor flood lights are similar to what you are looking for. Lowes or Home Depot have them in upto around 250 watts... just make sure you get a grow bulb to go with it.

That temp. seems a little low actually.
Are you growing in soil or hydro?
Light movers actually help a lot with leds, it spreads the light spectra out from leds being single point source from each led. You haven't said how big your grow area is and what grow methods you are using so it's a little hard to give you exact info.

That temp. seems a little low actually.
Are you growing in soil or hydro?
Light movers actually help a lot with leds, it spreads the light spectra out from leds being single point source from each led. You haven't said how big your grow area is and what grow methods you are using so it's a little hard to give you exact info.

here is my current setup.
Steevtokes Soil Blueberry Trainwreck/Cierra Dream Journal 2012
ill be in a different closet next grow. the temps were perfect until i put in the fan/filter in. Now there low and id rather compromise with more light.

Back
Top Bottom