LED Grow Light Review

Excellent! Glad to hear you're getting good results. Are you allowed to share which LED you are using on this forum? I know there is some rule about sponsored products.

i grt ur point to,but high electric bills high heat r a few of the top reasons u get busted,i no leds cannot b picked up by infrared hids can.yes its mental masturbation.i dont live where its ok to do this so im just saying it works 4 me,the early leds sucked we no that,but they have come a way,but to argue,my thought use what works for u.doesnt matter what anyone believes.we all have r own ways/reasons peace to all.:thumb::lot-o-toke::goodluck::peace::green_heart::rollit:

I'd just like to comeback to a review I did earlier on my mars2 led's.
I've since had pretty much a complete reversal on my original opinion regarding these led's.
I'm not going to rant so I'll keep my experience short. I've had 3 complete grows since I bought these led's and found

Yield is drastically down probably by as much as half.
Light penetration is bad though the top of the plant looks and grows healthy. Problem is the flowers never really bulk up.
Light spread is dreadful. The plant grows directly under the footprint but thats it.
While I don't have readings to me it looks like the light intensity is not as bright as when I first got the lights.
Heavy. These things are heavy and a pain to work with.
Fans are quite noisy.

One positive is heat. Heat is down and the plant can basically almost touch the unit without burning.

Finishing off this final grow and back to HPS for me..

SO sorry about your bad experience. I hear this often about some of the lower quality LED lights. There definitely is a difference in them. It's too bad and gives LED a bad name. We haven't had a single grower working under the LEDs we use not have increased yield. We had one grower recently get 2.5lbs on a 4x4 square.

Chuckles post was not about low quality LED lights. It's about the Mars lights - which they (and others here) report as being upper medium to good quality.

I wonder how many thousand$ of dollar$ that I will need to $pend to get the equivalent to a 600 hps light?

Also, I have gotten to know several large (like 6,000 to 15,000 watts) indoor farmers in my area ... none of them use hps. None. Could it be that LED is just not quite there yet? Almost ... but, not quite there. I think I will wait a year for technology to march on, take a look at it again then.

~ Auggie ~

@Hosebomber in his guide The Basics Of Plant Lighting states the minimum productive LED actual draw watts are 37 watts per square foot. I believe that LED light panels may surpass the yield and quality of a equivalent High Pressure Sodium light may be 45-50 watts per square foot actual draw.

I understand different people have different results and that alot of you guys are pro's that take this sorta stuff pretty hard core..

Personally myself i just like to have a trouble free grow thats reliable and yields. Maths and complications are not my idea of fun.
Led's are not there for me in a simplistic non stress manner like high pressure sodiums.

I have 2 600 watt output mars2 leds and they simply cannot compare to 2 600 watt hps. The price of these lights sorta make me wonder why anyone would outlay over a thousand dollars for less output and every few months just replacing a couple of globes for next to nothing. Taking yield into account the outlay is next to nothing.

I'm happy for you guys that can get 2.5 pounds out of a 4 by 4 tent. I can do that with 2 HPS but with these led's I can only do 13-16 ounces and its not as well developed (ie as heavy) as anything a hps does.

edit - Id like to note also that I'm not attacking led's. its my opinion only after 4 grows. I gave it a crack and didn't work out...just adjusted my opinion is all!!

Hi guys. I wonder if anyone got some tips about which light i should buy? Planning to spend maximum 180-200 dollars, but i still want some quality.

Im not aspiring some monster grow here, I have a couple of chilis and also some other vegetables growing in a homemade NFT-system, but i want if to flourish lol. What should I go for? Is it worth buying a LED?

MarsHydro 2 400w goes of for about that price on ebay, anything comparable? I live in Sweden so it would be nice if one could ship it from europe :D Thanks, would really appreciate some help!

Welcome to 420 Magazine Kandidaten!

There are many 420 Magazine sponsors who are LED light panel manufacturers and many Grow Journals with these LED light panels in use for you to brows through. I have used several LED light panels from 420 Magazine sponsors Green Sun LED Grow lights, Lush Lighting, Twilight Groups LED. All LED light panels supplied by 420 Magazine sponsors have worked very well to grow cannabis plants and I believe these LED light panels will also grow your chili and vegetables very well.

Sponsors : 420 MAGAZINE ®

There are many Grow Journal with Mars-Hydro LED Grow Lights Mars II LED light panels in use and grow cannabis plants very well as well.

Here is the Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion where Sara can help you with your needs. I believe that @Mars Hydro LED Grow Lights does have a warehouse in Europe. Mars-Hydro LED Grow Lights has longer warranty coverage if you purchase through the website rather than though eBay due to eBay policies. I would also ask about if there is a current discount code!

I have an upcoming Grow Journal and Review for the new Mars-Hydro LED Grow Lights 300 watt Sun series LED light panel!

KJC, I am looking forward to your Journal featuring the new LED.

Welcome to 420 Magazine Wijiji!

The LED light panel is not suitable for growing cannabis. The LED light panel has only 2 spectrum's and lacks more viable spectrum's for plant growth, the LED's are too low wattage for cannabis plant growth requirements and will only give disappointing results.

120 W
AC85-265V
LED's: 1365
average wattage per LED 0.0879120879120879 watts

A Mars-Hydro LED Grow Lights UFO LED Grow Light 60x3W is in your price range and is made with the same spectrum to grow cannabis as their larger LED light panels!

LED Grow Light 60x3W - Mars Hydro

Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

Hey everyone, I'm new here and also new to growing in general. I recently purchased my first tent (Apollo Horticulture 36"x20"x62" Mylar Hydroponic Grow Tent) and I'm waiting on my Mars reflector-96 light. I am a little confused and hoping you guys can help point me in the right direction for my first grow. The main thing I am confused about is LED lighting in general...for instance, two reply's above the one I quoted, KJC (I hope it is ok for me to refer to KingJohnC using his initials as Happy Hemper did) states "The LED light panel is not suitable for growing cannabis. The LED light panel has only 2 spectrum's and lacks more viable spectrum's for plant growth, the LED's are too low wattage for cannabis plant growth requirements and will only give disappointing results." but then refers to the 60x3W LED light from Mars. I know a few growers, one of which only grows auto flowers. In fact, the ones who grow auto flower strains are the ones who recommended the Mars 96 light I ordered. SO to sum all of this up, I am confused and would like to know if I have the correct equipment to start my first grow. I have four starters in buckets and I'm just waiting for the tent and lights to arrive. Thanks!

Hi There,
I have been using LED's for 5 years. Started with a UFO type as a trial run, and had limited success. I'm running a 300 watt grow panel now and getting OK results with autoflowering varieties.
In retrospect I would prefer a 600 watt, (or more), panel with growth/flowering capabilities.

Back
Top Bottom