LED Grow Light Review

Hi L Boogie,
I read the same thing you did at first but after thinking about it what I believe he was saying (KingJohnC) is that a standard LED panel you might find at say Homedepot as a shop light, would not get the job done since it is not set up for the spectrum of light that plants require to grow. They are set up for the spectrum of light people need to see. Where as LEDs like the Mars are designed to use the spectrums that are beneficial to plants.

I may be mistaken by what he actually meant, but after rereading the conversation a few times I think I am on the right track to getting his message.

Re: Official LED Grow Light Review

What a web we weave with new products. I heard a lot about led lights. Even new fertilizers I've seen some led's at work. They do speed things up in the plant department. Then theirs the one you need to add a red led to when flowering. Questions! Questions! I'm ordered a advanced p900 led w/veg/flower switch. Has everything a light needs. I went big because I now know I need a more powerful light. These lights Last 5 years and have a 11 or 12 bands. Plus a 60 and 90 degree angled led light reflector. I've read about the company and it's reviews. I always wanted a 1000 watt hid set up. But now days you can afford the bigger leds light set up's which are all in one,easy to run ,and has every light spectrum. They last longer and cost less for the best. But for the high price tag. Their well worth it. Get a good one. I looked up Advance's website. The bigger lights weren't on their main site. I saw it in the reviews.

Hey everyone, I'm new here and also new to growing in general. I recently purchased my first tent (Apollo Horticulture 36"x20"x62" Mylar Hydroponic Grow Tent) and I'm waiting on my Mars reflector-96 light. I am a little confused and hoping you guys can help point me in the right direction for my first grow. The main thing I am confused about is LED lighting in general...for instance, two reply's above the one I quoted, KJC (I hope it is ok for me to refer to KingJohnC using his initials as Happy Hemper did) states "The LED light panel is not suitable for growing cannabis. The LED light panel has only 2 spectrum's and lacks more viable spectrum's for plant growth, the LED's are too low wattage for cannabis plant growth requirements and will only give disappointing results." but then refers to the 60x3W LED light from Mars. I know a few growers, one of which only grows auto flowers. In fact, the ones who grow auto flower strains are the ones who recommended the Mars 96 light I ordered. SO to sum all of this up, I am confused and would like to know if I have the correct equipment to start my first grow. I have four starters in buckets and I'm just waiting for the tent and lights to arrive. Thanks!

Hi L Boogie,
I read the same thing you did at first but after thinking about it what I believe he was saying (KingJohnC) is that a standard LED panel you might find at say Homedepot as a shop light, would not get the job done since it is not set up for the spectrum of light that plants require to grow. They are set up for the spectrum of light people need to see. Where as LEDs like the Mars are designed to use the spectrums that are beneficial to plants.

I may be mistaken by what he actually meant, but after rereading the conversation a few times I think I am on the right track to getting his message.

Welcome to 420 Magazine L Boogie! In the post you reference I was referring to the specific brand of LED being unsuitable for cannabis plants, the LED's that are suitable for cannabis plant growth have specific wavelengths designed for both vegetative growth and flower. Please check my signature to see several completed grows using LED lights specifically designed for cannabis growth sold by 420 Magazine sponsors.

https://www.420magazine.com/sponsors

Thank you for the clarification Oldergrower!

I understand different people have different results and that alot of you guys are pro's that take this sorta stuff pretty hard core..

Personally myself i just like to have a trouble free grow thats reliable and yields. Maths and complications are not my idea of fun.
Led's are not there for me in a simplistic non stress manner like high pressure sodiums.

I have 2 600 watt output mars2 leds and they simply cannot compare to 2 600 watt hps. The price of these lights sorta make me wonder why anyone would outlay over a thousand dollars for less output and every few months just replacing a couple of globes for next to nothing. Taking yield into account the outlay is next to nothing.

I'm happy for you guys that can get 2.5 pounds out of a 4 by 4 tent. I can do that with 2 HPS but with these led's I can only do 13-16 ounces and its not as well developed (ie as heavy) as anything a hps does.

edit - Id like to note also that I'm not attacking led's. its my opinion only after 4 grows. I gave it a crack and didn't work out...just adjusted my opinion is all!![/

This Is Hilarious, I was just flipping through these comments & Should I Use LED Shouldn't I ??? LMAO Big Time! :rofl:
-Not being Rude. Just reading some of these comments & Apprehension about LED Lighting
IMG_049139.JPG
IMG_045034.JPG
IMG_0084_1_2.JPG
IMG_0081_2_.JPG

Looks to Me Like they DO WORK QUITE NICELY :thumb: :bravo: :420:

Sincerely: Don.

I'm afraid you are saying that without experience. And the previous guy was comaparing a Mars600 to a 600w hps when even a Marshydro II 1200 is only 520 watts power consumption. A poor comparison. You would need to compare 2.3 Marshydro 600s to one HPS 600.

Here is a pic of my last crops led grown bud. Not a Marshydro but similar enough.
P6020790.JPG

P6020787.JPG
(2.3 Marshydro 600s) Let's get realistic here, how much $$$ for one Marshydro 600s, and I'm in market for new lights, but I'm leaning toward ceramic metal halide out performing all new technology. I'm lucky, in that I know someone who has done two cycles now, with the 630W cmh and he's getting better results, than with the 1000W hps he was using previously. The bulbs run cooler than regular hid bulbs and you're saving 1/3rd. on electric. What's not to like ? I hope leds or some new technology starts producing lights that out perform our old standard technology, but I don't believe it's here yet. If I need to have 1000 watts of led to produce same as 1000W hps, then what have I gained. LEDs have always made big promises, now it's time to perform. My mind is open, but not my wallet !!

No idea where you are getting those statements. Not gonna bite sorry. From someone whom has switched from HPS to LED I am extremely satisfied. It seems silly to put down one method when you have no personal experience with cmh just here say. I believe they are good tech but I will not listen to someone going on about it that has no experience. Especially someone that thinks LEDs can't produce good buds. Put your money where your mouth is. Start a journal. Show the results. Then make statements. All hearsay until then bro.

I'm LOSING IT HERE FOLKS!!! Where In The Gods Of All Gods Name ARE YOU'S GETTING YOUR INFO????
I USE A 900 Watt Mars II Hydro LED "FULL SPECTRUM" I Mean REALLY??? LED IS GOOD FOR VEG ONLY??? -That's Ludicrous!
Doesn't ANYONE Know ANYTHING About FULL SPECTRUM? MY LED LIGHT HAS- red,green,blue & white lights in it! - It's not the Most POPULAR Or Even The BEST. & Whether OR NOT It YIELDS MORE OR LESS Than HPS or Any Other type of- -Lighting. ABSOLUTELY DEPENDS ON THE GROWER & THEIR TECHNIQUES etc.etc. Food/Soil The LIST GOES ON & ON....
- Can I Get an A-Men Here People? I'm ALWAYS OPEN to OTHERS OPINIONS. "please just do a LITTLE RESEARCH, - - BEFORE Taking a Stand on ANYTHING! PLEASE & Thank You!
IMG_076244.JPG

IMG_072035.JPG

IMG_076244.JPG

IMG_1243_1_.JPG
IMG_42027.JPG
I DO Apologize for Being a little OVER ZELOUS In My- - Response to Your Statement. "I Know I Just recently switched from HPS to LED. NOT ONLY Because Of Hydro & Heat. - - but Cost & Overall Performance too. I Researched MY ASS OFF BEFORE Doing So! I am NOT Professing to KNOW ALL!
- I Do Know That, "I Can get A Yield From my INDOOR LED That'll stand up to ANY OUTDOOR with the SAME Amount- - Of Space Required to be Fair. I as well have been IN YOUR EXACT POSITION! It wasn't regarding this Topic but None The Less- - It WAS EXPLAINED 2 ME that I too should have done the research, BEFORE I PUT MY OPINION & Thoughts to INK! LMAO
- I MEAN NO- DETRIMENT Towards you my friend I just get a little frazzled when people Bash the LED Lighting &- - I KNOW 1st hand that these Mars Led's ARE GROWING HUGE KOLAS & THE THC (aside from strain effects etc.) - Count has yet to be Below 20% I Know all about the Strain is what dictates the THC percentage. I'm just saying that- - If the STRAIN has a count of 24% THC MY MARS II 900 Watt LED & MY OWN SOIL along with MY Compost TEAS- - & let's NOT forget the Water/Nutes & MOST OF ALL The TLC Brother! I Can @ Least Match an Outdoor Grow & I'D No Doubt-
- Exceed it In Fact! EVERY Seed Bank professes INDOOR YIELDS MORE THAN OUTDOOR? R They WRONG?
- ALSO As Much as I Hate To Admit It OUT LOUD! "Also,I'll Bet ALOT Of TLC Went Into Them Too! & I Must admit that-
"THOSE OUTDOORS THERE ARE PRETTY MARVELOUS!!! LMFAO Big Time Here!!! NOT @ U Bro. But MYSELF!
- & I'll OWN IT TOO! "I Just REALIZED THAT U ONLY AGREED w/ The ORIGINAL Comment Posted" - However that Not withstanding U R Of the SAME OPINION" LMAO... "I'm Just Messin wit Ya Bro, did I have you there OR What?
- "Please NOT THE OR WHAT" :Namaste: :Namaste: :circle-of-love: :volcano-smiley:

Sincerely: Don.

- "Extremely Well Put, My Brother Grower" I Myself am a Somewhat New LED Witness & NOW USER Of LED TOO!
- It BEGAN When I was about 11yrs old I guess. Naaaaa, Just messin wit ya. LMAO :Namaste: I've been using Marijuana for 40yrs-
- As of Late, My Wonderful Compassionate & Caring Family Practitioner. (sorry, I literally get choked up when I think of Her Graciousness)
- Thanks to said Practitioner I Now have a 3 gram per day Prescription for Medical Marijuana & Or Extracts, Edibles etc.etc.
- Soooo, I can also GROW MY OWN MEDICAL MARIJUANA!!! :yahoo: "My Partner God Bless Her Precious Heart" Purchased Me An-
- Amazingly Awesome Cabinet Online from: California, "I know right" When said Cabinet Arrived, It Literally was Complete w/Everything-
- Needed to Grow 4 Plants in 3 1/2 Gallon Pots w/FoxFarm potting Soil. I Purchased 5 White Widow Femz from: Crop King Seeds.
- I Germinated 4 of said seeds & All 4 were wonderful @ Yield. Oh sorry, "the Cabinet had a 200 watt CFL light w/ Digital Ballast. -
- & a 4 inch inline fan w/charcoal filter w 4 inch fan as well for circulating air inside the cabinet. Store Unavailable -
- It's The Yielder Max model. They've UPGRADED ALL Of Their CABINETS w LED Lighting NOW!!! Use to use HPS & the Other Gas One Too!
- My Cousin B Man Purchased A 6x4 600D Mylar Tent w/ 1200 watt Mars II Hydro Full Spectrum LED Light almost 7 months ago now-
- He really wasn't even totally committed to his Grow & YET He Yielded 2 1/4 lbs. from 6 plants. I Seen These Plants Up Close & I'll-
- Testify to the MAGNIFICENT KOLAS EVERYONE of said plants Had Too! Shortly After My Cous Cropped Out I Went & got-
- The 4x4 FusionHut w/Mars Hydro II Full Spectrum 900 Watt LED. Check out my Gallery for pics of said Set Up.

Sincerely: Don D. :Namaste: :Namaste:

I started out thinking I was going to use strictly CFL lighting in my 2x4x5 cabinet but saw Mars 300 on eday for $63 and thought what the heck...give it a shot. The light arrived and I liked it so much I ordered another($65 this time). I got 4.25 ozs off 2 plants (unknown bagseed) even with all my f-ups.Buds were a little airy I must say but I think it was operator error more than anything else. Pretty good smoke for bagseed if I do say so myself! For my second grow I ordered another mars 300 and didn't use the cfl this time. Just over 2 months into this grow (12/12 from seed) my plants look unbelievable!!! I threw an ak48 auto in for shits and giggles...never grew an auto before...its looking awesome! For about $200 I have about 50 watts per square foot, no excessive heat issuues and I can have the lights at different heights for different plants. Anyway a long rant to let everyone know I like the Mars. There are better lights out there but as far as bang for your buck you can't go wrong.

I am doing my first grow with an apollo 10 (340 real watts) in a 4x4 and I am quite impresses so far...but I am sure it can be waaay better with some pro led light...

- OMG Thank Heavens Someone Has Spoken Up about These AMAZING LED Lights. I'm Running a -
- Mars Hydro II 900 Watt Full Spectrum LED & It's Haulin Ass & Then Some Eh! I'll Show You What I'm Talkin Bout With a Few Pics Of My-
- Current Grow Now Keep In Mind Here that These 3 Lovely Ladies Are All Sativas Eh! Week 4/5 Bloom/Flower
IMG_324713.JPG
IMG_314113.JPG
IMG_313913.JPG
IMG_313114.JPG
IMG_36229.JPG
IMG_359911.JPG
IMG_410112.JPG
IMG_401411.JPG

Back
Top Bottom