LED lights - Can't be real

I'm no expert, but not a newcomer, been growing outdoors with bagseed for a long time and finally refining my indoor with info from here lol. If you think you aren't getting good penetration just hang a 23w cfl in between them about half way down

Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Hiya Seanmac,
I have 1 of those lights -a Mars Hydro 300w with 5w chips, and anther 3w also 300w LED that isn't Mars Hydro, a cheaper nameless brand- the colour from it is more purpley/pinky, you can see he Mars Hydro has more white spectrum.
I'm in a 2'x2' x 6'high tent that fits in a shower cubicle , and I use both lights in flower. I have both over a year and never had a problem yet.
Right now I have a bagseed that took over the tent - I was going to upgrade but low budget lights have impressed me this time round.
2 would be plenty for 2 autos. I've had 3 autos under one of those lights.
If you are an electronics understanding person, you can build your own LED. I wish they'd let us girls learn soldering instead of flippin cooking in school :) Good luck!

Hiya Seanmac,
I have 1 of those lights -a Mars Hydro 300w with 5w chips, and anther 3w also 300w LED that isn't Mars Hydro, a cheaper nameless brand- the colour from it is more purpley/pinky, you can see he Mars Hydro has more white spectrum.
I'm in a 2'x2' x 6'high tent that fits in a shower cubicle , and I use both lights in flower. I have both over a year and never had a problem yet.
Right now I have a bagseed that took over the tent - I was going to upgrade but low budget lights have impressed me this time round.
2 would be plenty for 2 autos. I've had 3 autos under one of those lights.
If you are an electronics understanding person, you can build your own LED. I wish they'd let us girls learn soldering instead of flippin cooking in school :) Good luck!
Thanks Dobbi...much appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G928P using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Advice needed from knowledgeable growers.....do you think that 2 of these Mars 300's would be enough to grow 2 auto plants?

Is the 300 "enough" to grow 2 plants? Yes.

Is the 300 enough to grow 2 plants to anywhere near their potential? Nope.

I have the Mars 300 and the Mars 600.

I think of the 300 as a bare minimum amount of life support for the vegetation area.

If I was going to buy a light for 2 plants (especially autos), I'd get the Mars 600 or something that draws similar wattage (278 watts at the wall for Mars 600 if memory serves)

EDIT: Oops, I overlooked where you said TWO of the 300s.

2 x 300s would be the same as (1) 600 plus the added benefit of being able to position the 2 lights wherever you want... or if one light burns out or something, you still have a backup.

Is the 300 "enough" to grow 2 plants? Yes.

Is the 300 enough to grow 2 plants to anywhere near their potential? Nope.

I have the Mars 300 and the Mars 600.

I think of the 300 as a bare minimum amount of life support for the vegetation area.

If I was going to buy a light for 2 plants (especially autos), I'd get the Mars 600 or something that draws similar wattage (278 watts at the wall for Mars 600 if memory serves)

EDIT: Oops, I overlooked where you said TWO of the 300s.

2 x 300s would be the same as (1) 600 plus the added benefit of being able to position the 2 lights wherever you want... or if one light burns out or something, you still have a backup.
My space is small...i can fit 8 plants in it, but I was thinking I'd just do 2 and try to maximize my yield with just the 2...I wanna switch to led's which is why Im inquiring about the 2 mars 300w

Back
Top Bottom