Adding more lighting

grovsey

I currently.toy have 600w light that's air cooled in my tent that has 5 plants and I want to add more light spectrum and I know of cfl lights and led but my question is I dot n have laid of money to be spending 300 on lights but do cfl lights give of a lot of heat and does the size vary much
also I see on eBay can buy led lights for £70 but are they really any good for that money

Led's are great for heat management. CFL's produce more heat then LED's. You have to be careful with some of the cheap LED's on fleabay. Stick with our sponsors like MarsHydro. Great reputation but inexpensive. Try popping over to Sara's MarsHydro thread and check out this well built light. Thousand plus pages of satisfied customers. Here is her thread:
Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion
Check out all the sponsors here:
Sponsors : 420 MAGAZINE ®
This is MarsHydro new website:
IIS Windows Server

They are as big as you buy , the more watts the bigger , example a 135w CFL could be 9" long or more where as a 26w one would be 3 or 4 inches long.

You should do some online shopping to see whats available and what prices sizes etc they are.

Hint: they make CFL's in grow light versions

For flowering stick with something in the 2700-3000 kelvin range and try to find a high CRI, color rendering index. CRI should be in the high 80 to 90 range.

Back
Top Bottom