LEDs or HPS?

Still on my first grow with it, but everything has been growing fantastically!
e1f0e780d0c2bb1759fc7201cf3c3ea7.jpg

You got a journal I can follow mate they look nice looks more ahead than mine under hps

Wow not bad for just 1. Im getting a 450w for my 2x2 grow tent

That should do you well for 2 plants, I'm pushing it with 4 plants and month in veg, I'm going to have two in the flower cupboard and one in the veg cupboard for now, hopefully get a third and fourth cupboard, I'm addicted to growing I think haha.

That should do you well for 2 plants, I'm pushing it with 4 plants and month in veg, I'm going to have two in the flower cupboard and one in the veg cupboard for now, hopefully get a third and fourth cupboard, I'm addicted to growing I think haha.

Im literally on amazon trying to decide which to buy. Would a 300w do fine in the 2x2 or will the 450w give me better results?

Apparently the 300 watts were crap and people straight up returned them. I think with lighting it's always best to buy the best you can afford.

With LED lights the same rule applies as with everything Else related to any system critical component.

You must have a spare one for when one of them break and you're waiting for spare parts.

Same apply to every other component in your system

I see claims like "LED won't bring the plant to it's full potential"

Seriously?

Any spesific LED or any LED or are you still talking about the first generation LED that truly sucked like a 5-6 years ago?

I don't know with you good folks, but quality improved greatly in my setups when I switched to LED. I got healthier, happier plants that would yield more. I first ran a 400 watt LED as a test, replaced a 400W HPS. I saw improvements almost immediately. There are also other reasons I grow higher quality now than then. I also have learned much much more. But nah - I don't buy that "LED won't bring the plant to it's full potential" crap. They made my plants better than ever. I was so convinced I replaced every HPS with LED.

But I made sure to chose a brand where you can get spare parts easily to make sure the lights were a good long-term investment. I don't care if the lights become "obsolete" tomorrow. I only care about "Can I get spare parts?"

If you go with Mars - Go for their newer models. You won't regret that. They don't break as often and are much easier to fix yourself at home.

I see claims like "LED won't bring the plant to it's full potential"

Seriously?

Any spesific LED or any LED or are you still talking about the first generation LED that truly sucked like a 5-6 years ago?

I don't know with you good folks, but quality improved greatly in my setups when I switched to LED. I got healthier, happier plants that would yield more. I first ran a 400 watt LED as a test, replaced a 400W HPS. I saw improvements almost immediately. There are also other reasons I grow higher quality now than then. I also have learned much much more. But nah - I don't buy that "LED won't bring the plant to it's full potential" crap. They made my plants better than ever. I was so convinced I replaced every HPS with LED.

But I made sure to chose a brand where you can get spare parts easily to make sure the lights were a good long-term investment. I don't care if the lights become "obsolete" tomorrow. I only care about "Can I get spare parts?"

Yeah I agree a few dinosaurs seem to think leds aren't any better than hid, like yeah you'll yield a little more, BUT the quality is 10x better, denser stronger buds and less electricity costs, less cooling costs, and don't have to replace bulbs every 3-4 grows.

I'm not gonna claim my lights are better than HPS. But I do claim that I get better results with LED compared to HPS in the exact same setup

Yeah I agree a few dinosaurs seem to think leds aren't any better than hid, like yeah you'll yield a little more, BUT the quality is 10x better, denser stronger buds and less electricity costs, less cooling costs, and don't have to replace bulbs every 3-4 grows.

Regarding Mars - I have to repeat - If you go for Mars, go for their Pro-series lamps (Pro and Pro II)
Mars-Hydro won't recommend you the first pro-series themselves cause the remote is buggy. But I found out how to hack that shit so it works perfect for me :) The hack is as easy as "Remove batteries after programming lamp" you see - it continues to send a signal until the battery runs out and when the battery runs out it sends a reset signal to the lamp. If you're not paying attention you risk losing your harvest. But if you remove the batteries - then you have yourself a very fancy programmable lamp for a very good price.

The Mars Pro II series are the same as pro-series, only with vegg/bloom buttons instead of remote controller. That means they are not programmable. You can't program sunrise/sunset/spectrum and so on. Only vegg/bloom. That's however what you will need 90% of the time. Most of my lamps are Pro II series, but I have one of the first pro series with remote and I truly love that lamp. It's so cool to be able to adjust the settings down to the smallest detail. It's great for rooting clones, germinating and so on.

Their older series are much harder to fix yourself in your own home. But if you are comfortable shipping your lamp in the mail to get it fixed, then I guess you could go for them as well. They are cheaper indeed, but there is a reason they are cheaper. The Pro series outperform them easily. Also their older series are going out of production eventually. The Pro series makes a better long-term investment I believe. They're so easy to fix and spare parts are so available. They send them to you for free the first 3 years which is kinda nice

That was my two cent on that subject

I have heard alot of good things about the pro series 2 but little pricey for me. I saw a mars 2 400w for 180. It did not sat pro on it. Its on their site. Does it mean its not a pro series? At 180 not so bad. But the vipar 450 is at 140

Not it's not the pro version I just checked up I found a pro at £500 lol am looking at the marshydro 2 instead depending how much money I can get in before next crop I'd like to spend the extra but gonna be hard sorting it out

Back
Top Bottom