Lee's First Grow: Indoor, CFL, Soil, Any Help Or Advice Welcome

Leeham

Hey guys.
So I'm lee, and this is my first grow.
It's also my first post on a forum of any kind, so be nice please and tell me if I'm doing anything wrong.

Let's start with the setup.

Seed are #1 skunk feminised from.....(can I say if they're not a sponsor?) brought 3, planted2 on the first of may and they both sprouted within 24 hours, very impressed.

Soil was just some crappy compost when I germinated them, when I reported them I moved them into some new stuff, 30% perlite, 10% worm castings and 60% fancy organic peat based compost.

I have a small cupboard, so I brought a tent ant stuck it in there. Tent is 60x60x140.
Is this big enough for 2 plants? Now they're in bigger pots I'm not so sure it is
420-magazine-mobile569082638.jpg

Lights are CFL's, I'm running 3 x 30w 6500k and one 30w 2700k for veg at the minute (would be running 4 6500's but they only had 3 in the store at the time I got them, and it's been fine)

For flower Ive got 1 more 30W 2700k to add into the mix, but I'm probably going to get a big powerful one, like 200W or something, depending on what people think I should do.

I have a 4 inch vent fan and some pipe and I plan on making some form of filter extraction system in the next week or two, I've just been real busy and not had the time.

I'm also gunna get a small desktop fan for circulation and strengthening the stems when I have the time.

I got weed nut's from a hydro shop near(ish) me, but I haven't used them yet, cause they're still young.

So that's about it, now for some photos of my babies.

420-magazine-mobile1938499543.jpg

420-magazine-mobile94489882.jpg

I planted them in these biodegradable pots, and upon discovering green forums decided it was a good idea to report them sharpish.

420-magazine-mobile1298141061.jpg

Here's them at 13 days (today). I just repotted them in some soil I mixed up, because I think the stuff they were in didn't have good enough drainage.
420-magazine-mobile1394687398.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1700611815.jpg
420-magazine-mobile866420771.jpg
first one

420-magazine-mobile1901888904.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1987060084.jpg
420-magazine-mobile579682869.jpg
second one.

420-magazine-mobile599413008.jpg

Together in the tent :)

The plan is to top them early as possible, LST the down and do some form of scrog, but plans change and we'll see what happens

I'm gunna try do an update anytime anything interesting happens, next one will probably be topping time.

Peaceee

Looking good so far . I'm on my first grow myself so I'll follow your journel :) Roots look really healthy and a wouldn't put more than 2 in that space due to restriction .
I also started with 2 x 300w cfl but had to change to mh after 4 weeks for more light intensity and growth , I've noticed and big difference already. One mistake I made was misting my plants with non PhD nutes water which was a bad idea as it burnt the leaves :( they are OK now . Good luck ! There are lots of very helpful people here help

Next update; electrical problems and Topping time

I had a power surge at my house yesterday at 11;30 that tripped my circuit board and shut off all my electrics while I was at work. I didn't get home until 8:30 to fix it so basically the electric was out from 11 am to 8:30pm.
Now the lights are usually out between 10 am and 6 pm, so yesterday they got an extra two and a half hours of darkness. I can't imagine it'll be a huge deal, but you never know.

On a slightly brighter note, my lil girls had started growing the 4th node, so I gave them a haircut.
They're drooping a but, maybe because I overwatered them, so I'm gunna hold off watering see if they perk back up.
420-magazine-mobile874339542.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1879976888.jpg
420-magazine-mobile21305568.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1712142471.jpg

Cheers prototype :) I'll make sure to check out yours and give you a follow.
I don't think I'm even gunna do 2 next time, just gunna stick to one and treat her real nice and feed her all the light she can handle, and then some.
If this all goes well I think I'm gunna get me some LED's, because my tent only has a couple of inches clearance in the cupboard it's in and I can see it getting pretty hot in there.

Hope all is well in your world.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom