Leggy flower problem

lompoc

Anyone got a good suggestion? I have several varieties growing in an 8'x8' room with 3000 watts HPC. The grow room is a little too hot for this variety, I think--average around 90 degrees F. Lights are on 12.5 hours, off 11.5 hours. Other plants seem to do fine, but this particular strain gets "leggy" or "stringy" like this. The bud starts out compact, then gets these long piled up strands:

dg.jpg

So, what do you think? Too long a day? Too hot? Too much light? Some nutrient issue?

OK, thanks. I'm growing these Dawg Goo in the picture in the same room with some Afghani Gold that hermies if under 12.5 hours--ideally they like 13 hours. I'll probably just harvest these girls now and not try to grow them again, as they want conditions hard for me to maintain. I've also got some Afgooey in the room (they are fine) and a Northern Lights Blueberry (it's perfect.) Next round I'll skip the Dawg Goos. Small room, hard to cool, but does great with some varieties. I had this same "leggy" thing happen in the past with a different variety. Any advice on the best varieties for indoor, high heat space? I had some NY Diesels once that did really well, and the Afghani Golds love the space, but they are 13 weekers, a long time to wait between crops.

NY dieslel is sound and its only 9 weeks max. Ive never heard of any plant needing more than 12 hours light in flower period and ive grown thousands of plants? I personally favour for indoor growing the following and get fantastic results on straight 12/12: Greenhouse seeds A.M.S ( amazing for indoor especially hydro), Greenhouse seeds trainwreck, Greenhouse seeds Big Bang and Most Ice strains. Greenhouse seeds IMO produce excellent seeds for commercial growing, they have the right balance of strength, quality and yield and easy to grow. I take my A.M.S clones down at 7 end week 7 after 2 weeks veg and get 6-8 oz per 4 plants under 600w hps or 8-12 oz per 4 plants under 1000w hps.

hope this helps

Ive never heard of any plant needing more than 12 hours light in flower period and ive grown thousands of plants?

Good advice, thanks! I've been growing this afi for almost two years, did a lot of experiments with it to see what it likes and doesn't like; at 12 hours it does poorly and hermies, at 12.5 hours it does good, at 13 hours it does GREAT, perfect huge buds. Here are some examples of 13 hour days--growing buds:
flower70.jpg

Dried:
afghanDream.jpg

I'm very happy with the Afi but I want some variety. I've ordered some NYC Diesel seeds and will try Bubba next, since I've got several in veg right now. I'll try out some of your ideas, too. Thanks!

Good advice, thanks! I've been growing this afi for almost two years, did a lot of experiments with it to see what it likes and doesn't like; at 12 hours it does poorly and hermies, at 12.5 hours it does good, at 13 hours it does GREAT, perfect huge buds. Here are some examples of 13 hour days--growing buds:
flower70.jpg

Dried:
afghanDream.jpg

I'm very happy with the Afi but I want some variety. I've ordered some NYC Diesel seeds and will try Bubba next, since I've got several in veg right now. I'll try out some of your ideas, too. Thanks!

Now that is some phat ass cola right there.

Back
Top Bottom