Lem's 2014 Outdoor Grow Journal

About the planter bed, I would say it's good we have them do a little bit of stretching, they'll get better airflow. Even though I doubt there is much fungus out there it could still easily happen. It looked like there was quite a bit of revegetation as well, so it looks like its sorting itself out. They did shoot up, trying to get above the rocks probably, the Sun is teasing them. That's why at first I was concerned about the wall height. Interesting and awesome to see how the planter bed is transforming and then comparing it to the hill! :)

About the batch of meds, that's too bad! Glad your okay, can't wait to see the next batch. I've done QWISO extractions before and just in my experience because I would vaporize it, since it is a polar alcohol it will extract a lot of chlorophyll, especially at warmer temperatures. I've never heard of soaking it for that long in IPA, it wouldn't be considered to be super high grade iso-hash because of all the green chlorophyll color. With a quick-wash iso extraction we aim to get a clear amber oil at the end. But that is vaporizing, for topical use I'm not sure how having the chlorophyll would have a negative effect, hell, with the way your doing it you may even drag out some extra medicinal terpenes that we don't get with a quick wash. I'm interested to see you do it this way again.

:cheer:

All right guys, so the consensis is leave the F-in Planter alone.LOL Check out how big the branches are:
The_Planters_Cool_001.jpg
The_Planters_Cool_004.jpg
The_Planters_Cool_005.jpg
The_Planters_Cool_007.jpg
The_Planters_Cool_008.jpg
And Last but not least my GUARD DOG:
Terror_002.jpg
Believe it or not this dog sent a female pitbull running that got to close to me.

Thank you Daddi Swanga for the kind words.Today I reworked the cage.Added a shelf and spread out the plants for more Sun coverage:
Cage_and_Planter_001.jpg
I was moving around some of the Branches in the planter and have come to the conclusion that I would have been better served to have used three plants down the middle, instead of the five plant stagger:
Cage_and_Planter_003.jpg
Cage_and_Planter_008.jpg
Cage_and_Planter_012.jpg
Now some thingo on a lighter and more personal note: My girl friend and my self engaged in some youthfully,exuberant, SEX - and I woke up so sore I could hardly walk. The muscles in my legs were burning with every step I took for about the first two hours until they got warmed up. LOL This is what you youngsters have to look forward too when you get old. C-Ya next time. TOAST

Lmao, i will definitely keep an eye out for that and keep a back brace handy:rofl::slide:

And your garden is looking ganjtastically delicious
Brethren! I love how your operations are thriving and leaving bloodshed of the damned lol

Sucks about the meds spilling and your back, but Thank Jesus your alright and will live to fight another day! :rollit::passitleft::green_heart::amen:

Hello my friends, today was another beautiful day in sunny So. Cal. It was actually hotter in my house than it was out side. I hope Us-all day was as nice as mine. I decided that I dont have enough bud left to make enough meds to do any good right now.I will end up running out before the next crop comes in. So Im just gona smoke it. I took 13 plants out of the cage:
Next_Indoor_010.jpg
checked them for critters,watered them real good,and put them in the Indoor Grow room on 13 hrs dark and 11 hrs light.:
Next_Indoor_011.jpg
Theres 4 - L.A. Confidencials, 8 - Dah Super Lemon Haze, and 1 - Sour Diesel. I figure I will wait until this new Indoor crop is done to start the Heal.That way right when Im about to run out, the whole Outdoor crop will be ready to harvest and that should be enough to knock this SHIT to the curb.If for some reason its not healed by then, there will be the next indoor crop ready to be harvested,and I know that will be enough to finish the job. Thanks every body for the Likes Reps and Comments, you all are the coolest. TOAST

Hello right back at ya Lester.You know my friend I was looking back in this journal to find some thing that some one had told me about the planter, and I noticed that you have all most single handidly put this journal on the map so to speak.From August 2008 until May 2014 I received 28 Likes. As of today (and the days not over yet) I have 408 Likes, thank you sir,Thank every body.All is well in the garden.Ive been bustin my ass the last few days, up and down the hill a little more than normal,and this morning I wasnt feelin it,so I stayed in bed until 1:00 pm. Well the girls on the hill were not happy. What I try to do is some time during the night I foliage spray and water the plants for the comming day. Last night,Didnt happen.When I get up the hill the girls are straight up and down and look like they are realy pissed off at me.The one thing I think over the years that has realy made me love these plants is, You water the first one and continue down the line watering and when your done with the last one, you turn around and there all standing proud in just a matter of moment.Its so cool to watch that happen.You can actually watch the leaves perk back to normal,its just amazing. Well I got to go transplant the clones that youve seen sitting on top of the wall and straighten out the cage. So thats it for now. LOVE you all. TOAST

Ok, there was 14 clones in Qt bags on the fence. All but one were ready to transplant. I put the 13 in 1lb bags and moved them into the cage. Then I reworked the cage so the smaller plants get the most sun light:
Fixin_the_Cage.jpg
I know at least one person following this journal is a first time grower.So any of you that dont know this , this is for you all so. When you put your plants into 12/12 you have to continue to feed them your vegetation feed un til they are totally into flowering, any where from 2-3 weeks,(I do 3-4 weeks) or you will find your leaves turning yellow and falling off. At least thats be my experence. TOAST

FYI: this is a picture of the Plot a couple years back:
nugs_011.jpg
it consisted of 29 Aurora Ultra plants stagered 2-1-2-1-2and so on .This hedge grew like one single plant.The plants in the middle only had buds on the very top and the ones on the sides only had buds on the sides. Leaving the inside of the plants bear:
hedge_006.jpg
I thought you all mite find that interesting. TOAST

You're absolutely right, man. I started thinking about all this phosphorus vs. nitrogen in flowering business when I discovered that phosphorus uptake is impossible without nitrogen. Then I found a thread here with sample ratio of cannabis flowers, and nitrogen is still the most significant ingredient with phosphorus on a third place behind potassium. But browsing more in the Internet I stumbled on a regular gardening forum where a guy sent an e-mail to one of the fertilizers producing companies asking why is flowering fertilizer so rich in phosphorus when there's absolutely no need for it, and he got reply that they do it only cause the market demands it, and they see it pointless to reeducate people :) ATM I take a stand that nitrogen is crucial in flowering for cannabis until plant stops fattening up. I grow organically so I don't push nutrients at all, but the truth is that if plant gets yellow leaves before it hits 4th or 5 th week of flowering (I do not count flip time as flowering), you have too litlle nitrogen in your soil and you need to supplement it right away.

Great plants, lemba! My L.A. Confidential jusg hit 5', I hope it's gonna be a 10' monster :)

Happy 4th of July Toast! :party::theband::passitleft:

I really enjoy and appreciate your sharing of this journal. I see you were a member since 2008! That is a long time. We all appreciate your journal. I am glad to have helped bring us all together. Thanks for showing us what the hedge looked like before, that is really incredible. Like I said in the beginning of the journal, all aspects of your grow are absolutely beautiful and aesthetic. You can see the hard work you have put into your grow to obtain the medicine you need.

Be Well Toast, I am so happy to be following your grow! :ciao: :cheer:

So Lester check this out,I have learned that you have to cover your bases,doubble check every thing, and even when you have every little thing covered from just the stupidist stuff happening over the years, A monsoon comes across the desert and Hails dime size Hail and all most beat the hedge to death,
crop_after_hard_rain_004.jpg
no matter what you do, shits gona happen and Its not just happening to you.And for the new bees, Fertalizers - only use 1/2 strenth until you see how plants react. TOAST

F...n' hell man! Sorry to hear that. I really thought it hardly ever rained in SoCal and definitely never hailed, but you live you learn. I feel for you cause my plants gor hit by crazy hailstorm around a month ago. I lost one, another was almost dead and the rest got hit badly. Here's a picture taken freshly after that. These holes are really not a nice view, but shit happens outdoor all the time.

cc313.jpg

Let's pass a :joint: to calm down :)

Back
Top Bottom