Light questions

Can the LED's be dimmable? I know my house I can dim the LED's but never thought the grow lights would be able to do that without affecting the spectrum.
I know with HID you can use three settings typically, 50, 75, and 100%.

How high is the tent? Typically LED's want to be 24-36" away from the canopy, based on the mfr recommendations.

Good point with the spectrum thing. I use the HPS and use most of the settings at one time or the other. I use corrected spectrum HPS bulbs and on lower settings it seems to have lots more red like the old HPS used to have. At full power the light seems lots more white when looking at the plants.

@MrSauga , I believe you are correct. LED's need to operate with a constant/unchanging power supply. I've never seen a LED fixture with a dimmer.
:hmmmm:
What type of light are we talking about here? I've had a couple "lower-end' 1k LED lights that I would stack over a single plant in a 3x3. Never had any bad response, but those were also very weak lights.
:passitleft:

Keep that air moving and you'll be fine!

I use corrected spectrum HPS bulbs and on lower settings it seems to have lots more red like the old HPS used to have.
Interesting, I may play a bit with mine on my next grow. I typically kept mine at full, but what you mentioned has me wanting to experiment now, lol.

I have a 6 light cob led from some chinese company 1800 watts it claims. The manufacturers specs are to keep the lights 18" away from the led's but they grow much better at 12" from the light, and it's not hot.. just use your hand in front of the lights - if it's not hot for your hand, it's not hot for the plant.

Back
Top Bottom