Light strength change: Hermy

XiwsX561

not even a week ago seen a post someone week 4 of flower took their girl and put outside on their deck. Causing it to hermy, someone did comment that it will happen inside too when changing light strength, typically , going from one light to another its transition from veg and will leave a day or 2 before flipping. I had some extra clones and threw them outside for shits and giggles. Low and behold 100% success rate in making trannies. And ive been discussing it on here with someone not even thinking and I did it to myself. Now the lower half hasn't not hermyed assuming because of the protection of upper leaves is the reason I really wanted to finish her out as this is my 1st grow with this strain , but as I have some at the finish line day 46 I won't risk it I do have 6 clones that I rooted and flipped so I won't get the yield or bud size but ill still get to try her out. I was wondering if cutting the top half would fix this as I assume being in there a week the lowers have not been affected. Mean while the shock of 5 hrs of light and sun up in 5 hrs she's or now it is a lost cause.

Now the bottoms are still rather small and did my best to focus with one hand and my phone you see the preflower, I removed all fan leaves to try to get the best picture. The last photo I went and took 5 inches off one of my tops. Clearly see more then one can't remember name on male but calyx I do have clones no worried but I believe your see grow since has a tap is always thr best and since I was able to keep this sour diesel sativa short so long I was super excited to see what she would produce but not risk ruining a crop at 46 days hopefully the ones in my mini sog produce some nice single cola tops. Just so mad because I was just talking about this. I will have to be careful as in the mini sog is alrdy in flower under a not as strong LED. Without a controller. Ill do my best when I transition from my veg tent (full cycle capable) to my flower tent with the stronger LED. At this point I see no use in keeping it. I'm so glad I randomly came across this thread as I might not have thought to look until it was too late.

Screenshot_20201214-021238_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20201214-021246_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20201214-021308_Gallery.jpg

yes you are right, not the ones I put outside I hermyed for sure 2nd gen clones from feminized seeds that are in flower now. Did u get a chance to read what I said my issue with those tops are great but because I don't think I had correct lamp distance didn't get a good stretch and since all buds are so close bottom inch or 2 of bud on bottoms aren't getting enough light so they are fat and still frosty just like green can I start flush day 49 n say harvest those tops day 53 54 unfortunately after only after 12 hrs of darkness harvest the tops and then let the bottoms go 2 or more days then do finaly 48 hours and pull the rest. I thought of its an 8 week flower you flush start day 56 not even half the hairs are orange and with loupe maybe prolly less 10% amber looking for 70-30?

It looks like a genetic male not a hermie.
I had a female do this earlier this year when I went outside from inside. The plant WAS female then turned completely male after he/she was outside for like 2 weeks.

least that's my theory. Was a pack of FEM seeds too. Thought he was a she. Wont be the last time I get fooled again.

@bobrown14 yea I took some clones that were gen 2 from originally a feminized seed and as I had my space filled inside for fun I took them outside and yes they hermyed. But I had found a sour diesel seed that had huge pistils should have known no hair coming from it I flipped inside but went from a lower power LED to stronger and thought it did the same turned them, but I had done it with a Mango kush clone as well amd no issue so I went to check thr clones I pulled from the SD that were still under the smaller LED and all males, so I posted pics before i checked the babies that had just flipped as he was saying looks genetics is because it was never female to begin with

not even a week ago seen a post someone week 4 of flower took their girl and put outside on their deck. Causing it to hermy, someone did comment that it will happen inside too when changing light strength, typically , going from one light to another its transition from veg and will leave a day or 2 before flipping. I had some extra clones and threw them outside for shits and giggles. Low and behold 100% success rate in making trannies. And ive been discussing it on here with someone not even thinking and I did it to myself. Now the lower half hasn't not hermyed assuming because of the protection of upper leaves is the reason I really wanted to finish her out as this is my 1st grow with this strain , but as I have some at the finish line day 46 I won't risk it I do have 6 clones that I rooted and flipped so I won't get the yield or bud size but ill still get to try her out. I was wondering if cutting the top half would fix this as I assume being in there a week the lowers have not been affected. Mean while the shock of 5 hrs of light and sun up in 5 hrs she's or now it is a lost cause.

Now the bottoms are still rather small and did my best to focus with one hand and my phone you see the preflower, I removed all fan leaves to try to get the best picture. The last photo I went and took 5 inches off one of my tops. Clearly see more then one can't remember name on male but calyx I do have clones no worried but I believe your see grow since has a tap is always thr best and since I was able to keep this sour diesel sativa short so long I was super excited to see what she would produce but not risk ruining a crop at 46 days hopefully the ones in my mini sog produce some nice single cola tops. Just so mad because I was just talking about this. I will have to be careful as in the mini sog is alrdy in flower under a not as strong LED. Without a controller. Ill do my best when I transition from my veg tent (full cycle capable) to my flower tent with the stronger LED. At this point I see no use in keeping it. I'm so glad I randomly came across this thread as I might not have thought to look until it was too late.

Screenshot_20201214-021238_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20201214-021246_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20201214-021308_Gallery.jpg

Back
Top Bottom