Lighting help

Ljoe94

So I have a 1200 watt led not sure the make I’m looking to get another light to go with my led for my veg price is a issue what would you guys suggest the room is a 4x3 and if you know any store that sell second hand lights thank you for the help

Right now is a good time to pick up used equipment in buy-sell-trade groups/pages on social media. I've seen a bunch in the last few weeks.

Research before buying anything, and look for "actual watts from the wall" in the description of the gear. LED light manufacturers tend to mislead people, and most times a 1200watt is probably closer to 200-300watts.
The LED "chip" could be rated at 10w a piece, but it really only pulls 3-5 from the wall. They sell the max watt rating. 4x3 (ft ?) I'd recommend at least 600 actual watts.

Best of luck!

Ceramic Metal Halide they come in two flavors 315 watt & 630 watt.
A 630CMH would kill it in a 4x3 tent.
The 315's are pretty damn cheap for what you get.

Ceramic Metal Halide, they tend to be hotter than LED and require an active vent Hood to trap and vent heat.

I've used them years back. LED like Budget LED or LED with Samsung 301 LEDs are more expensive but last for years and present a lot less heat problems.

I disagree with the active hood vent. I run two 315cmh in a 7x4.5 room. Passive vertical hoods with no fans hooked directly to my hoods. I do have a portable A/C unit to keep things cool in the room though. Don't know if that's cheating lol. I replaced a nine cob led light with the two 315's and room temps dropped two degrees.

More heat than quantum boards sure but he's after cheap lights.

I don’t know if cheap is the best word I think best bang for buck I mean 200 250 is in budget and it’s just for veg I won’t be budding with the light

I would get a cmh I have seen them with a bat wing reflector for 200 on the Wonder woman land site
Make sure it has the Phillips 3100k bulb and you have the best bang for the buck your not gonna get high quality LED lights for that budget but you can get a cmh for that
I run the vertical bulb in a 3x3 so your 3x4 you could slide the light back and forth every other day and get good results and you can bloom with it when you run out of room
Now yes they are hotter than a led but nothing a small fan won't take care of if you can't cool that little light down then cheap LEDs won't be much better as far as heat goes but alot worse on results

Back
Top Bottom