Lighting question??

Thanks man! That was really appreciated!! :allgood: I was just reading today in the grow special high times with jorge cervantes about dj shorts blueberry and 50 bucks for ten is a pretty good deal... :peace:

Ohh wait would 250 hps be enough for 3 plants???

damn u got mad space. growing, among many other things, is all about light output or lumens. The amount of space you use to grow in directly affects light output as your space decides how much lights is contained or escapes. In order to trap light many growers build/improvise growboxes or veg chambers to trap light, especially when using CFL's. These chambers are often painted glossy white or coated with a reflective surface such as mylar. Ventilation often becomes a problem along with heat and requires the proper set-up. Check out my journal below or others in the grow room:allgood:

You may want to look into Joey Weed's - Blueberry, the genetics are excellent!

This version of blueberry is much more affordable, IMO. Google 'Joey Weed blueberry' to find tha seeds. I think they are like $50 or so for 10.

Thanks man :allgood: I didnt see that dutch passion was in euros so it actually isnt that bad.. .. hahaha now I'm seriously considering getting the 250 watt hps grow system and the blueberry at same time and just start that up... :laughtwo: :peace:

damn u got mad space. growing, among many other things, is all about light output or lumens. The amount of space you use to grow in directly affects light output as your space decides how much lights is contained or escapes. In order to trap light many growers build/improvise growboxes or veg chambers to trap light, especially when using CFL's. These chambers are often painted glossy white or coated with a reflective surface such as mylar. Ventilation often becomes a problem along with heat and requires the proper set-up. Check out my journal below or others in the grow room:allgood:

Ohhh yeah, I was thinking of putting a tapinstry in the front or maybe black heavy duty plastic bags to keep all the light in that space.... My closets huge!!!! Thats the first thing I said when I first saw my apartment, was WOW Thats a big Closet :cheesygrinsmiley:

:peace:

black absorbs lights and would work very poorly. I'd say your gonna have to get some reflective white tarps or dropcloths from a hardware store. You could hand them down the sides of the three walls where you will be growing and hang a forth as kind of a makeshift door. You got your own apartment? cause its gonna stink once you start flowering, at least that room that the closets in.

You got your own apartment? cause its gonna stink once you start flowering, at least that room that the closets in.

All depends on the strain. Some strains put off a smell but it is nothing like weed, just a veggy, green smell. I personally find that odor, strong or weak, is maintained within the grow area most of the time w/o modifications of filters unless the operation is that big.

Yeah man Its my own apartment, and the closet is in my room, and I only allow the lady's in my room.. :smokin: But once I start the grow, I might have to use my couch alittle bit more..... :laughtwo:

Thanks for the info about the black absorbing heat, thats good to know, I think I will just go with a strong tapinstry to cover the area..

so I'm pretty much about to order the 250 watt hps grow system, from htg garden... Best prices I've seen.. 117 for it all!! :allgood: I just have one question about the reflecter and bulb. Can that hang from a closet hanger pole??? How do they stay up???

you'll have to see when it comes unless it tells u on the website. Worst case scenario is hitting up the hardware store for some cheap ceiling hooks and lightweight chain. What are the dimensions on that? width and length.

so I'm pretty much about to order the 250 watt hps grow system, from htg garden... Best prices I've seen.. 117 for it all!! :allgood: I just have one question about the reflecter and bulb. Can that hang from a closet hanger pole??? How do they stay up???

You are aware that a 400w HPS is only $2.00 more right!? It would be insane and down right rude for me not to inform you of that! Please don't buy the 250w, get the 400w, its only 2 buck more! You will yield so much more and be so much more happy!:tommy:

Hope you make a god choice!

Thats true. I just reread that page and it doesnt really say anything about that, so I'm thinking thats what I'm gonna have to do. I tried calling them to ask about it, but its still kinda early and I think its around lunch time their, noone answered. I'll try back later

:laughtwo: :laughtwo:

Thanks man!!!! I didnt see that actually, I must have just been looking at the price if I added the metal halide light bringing it up to around 160.. Now that I see its only 2 bucks more, How can I not get the 400 watter?

:cheesygrinsmiley: Thanks man.. I'm praying to the blueberry gods

So guess what I picked up today at the dispensary???? Thats right Blueberry buds!!!! :cheesygrinsmiley: I dont know if you guys have noticed but ive been craving those blueberry nugs of joy... On another note, I called HTG garden today 4 days max to get out here.. Not bad, but I'm gonna get it next monday so I'm here for when it comes... Im gonna be gone for a couple days this coming weekend... I also asked how it will hang and it has rectangular cuts on the side, so I will have to get myself some cheap chain to hang it with.. So thats my update.. Hope everybody has a real goood night peace

haha I can do that... I only got a camra on my phone and pics dont turn out that great but if you want them I'll still post um.. How do that???

Back
Top Bottom