Lights off temps

mastergreenerey

hi guys,

So have an issue currently, when lights are off in tent, temps are dropping low as 19 degrees celcius is this ok? How can i increase temp? Currently sat on laminate flooring would rug underneath help want to avoid using a heat source if possible.

19 is ok , no less ,
those little oil wax burners are good for a small tent , little bit extra heat , just use the base with the heater , no bowl ,

like this :thumb:

5d94ab5c00f3345948c5d838.jpg

If you can get rigid "foam" insulation sheet/board, that ought to be a good material to place between the floor and your grow tent. If I remember correctly, it's available in various thicknesses from ¼" to 2" in the USA, with some being faced in metal/foil on one side. I'm not sure what thicknesses are sold in metricland. But the thicker, the better, if the thermal mass of the floor is stealing heat. Although heat rises, so it might not be of great help. If the temperature drop becomes extreme, though, you could always cut panels of the stuff and attach it to the exterior of your tent's roof and walls somehow. That would probably be a minor PITA, but it should help quite a bit.

Cheers guys will try a rug with insulation underneath first if 19° isnt too bad, i just want it to go no lower than 20 really. Ive had temp probe sat in top soil showing low as 18.6 is this something to worry about?

Cheers guys will try a rug with insulation underneath first if 19° isnt too bad, i just want it to go no lower than 20 really. Ive had temp probe sat in top soil showing low as 18.6 is this something to worry about?

Can get down to 15C at night. As @TorturedSoul mentioned insulate the floor under the roots. Its the soil temp that is important. Its hard to bring that down unless sitting on a cold surface to begin with. Cold roots cause stunted slow growth.

Heat rises - cool air sinks... the floor is the coldest spot in any room, the ceiling is the warmest. If there is a concrete slab under the laminate wood floor that alone can suck the heat out of the rootball. Concrete slabs that are indoors stay around 55 degrees Fahrenheit all year round from moisture in the soil, this is a heat sink since it pulls the temperature down. My tent is in the basement with bare concrete, I’ve got 3 layers of 3/4 inch foam between concrete and tent, Inside the tent I’ve got a small pallet to elevate my drip pan by 6 inches, inside the drip pan I’ve got riser to elevate the plants another four inches.

Do you know what’s under your laminate floor.... is it subfloor & wood framing or concrete slab? Agree with bobrown & tortured.... raise the tent above the floor with a couple of layers sheet foam.

Back
Top Bottom