Heat issues 3x3 with LED and exhaust

Temps this morning after 10-12 hours are steady 82F with the LED on and at night. The water temps are 76.1 - 76.9 with the insulation and the pumps out side this seemed to work.

Im not sure if im starting to see root rot but will check again in 12 hours.

I hope no root rot!

Temps this morning after 10-12 hours are steady 82F with the LED on and at night. The water temps are 76.1 - 76.9 with the insulation and the pumps out side this seemed to work.

Im not sure if im starting to see root rot but will check again in 12 hours.

I hope no root rot!

You should really throw some frozen water bottles in the buckets, even if the bottles melt right away your water temps will still drop and Since your buckets are insulated it will take a while for the Temps to up again. also try to insulate the top of the buckets.

You should really throw some frozen water bottles in the buckets, even if the bottles melt right away your water temps will still drop and Since your buckets are insulated it will take a while for the Temps to up again. also try to insulate the top of the buckets.

Ok I just put bottles in 4 of the 5 buckets (I only had 4 frozen ones), I also freezed a total of 12 bottles so I can rotate them.

After about 30 minutes the water temp was 69.8F - 70F

I won't be able to measure the water temp again until the next 8 hours. However that time should give us some info on how fast temp comes back up after insulating the buckets.

I added 1 L bottle per bucket. Do you think this is to small ?

Cheers!

Ok I just put bottles in 4 of the 5 buckets (I only had 4 frozen ones), I also freezed a total of 12 bottles so I can rotate them.

After about 30 minutes the water temp was 69.8F - 70F

I won't be able to measure the water temp again until the next 8 hours. However that time should give us some info on how fast temp comes back up after insulating the buckets.

I added 1 L bottle per bucket. Do you think this is to small ?

Cheers!
I would add another bottle to get the temps a little lower, that way you stay cooler longer. 69 is way better than 76, hopefully it doesn't pick up much heat. Best of luck.

I would add another bottle to get the temps a little lower, that way you stay cooler longer. 69 is way better than 76, hopefully it doesn't pick up much heat. Best of luck.

Ok thank you for all the tips, I will buy bigger bottles, I think that will be better and easier maybe 2.5 L

I also insulated the tops, This probably a great tip since it receives direct light on these.

IMG_92451.JPG

I have these other 2 threads in case you want to check emm out!

Co2 bag or pad

This journal is for a tent right next to this one with issues. Shes a a clone off a plant that died on me, however shes the mother plant for 3 clones inside this problematic tent. Shes looking good also!

Indoor Stealth - Nirvana Bubblelicious - LED - Gorilla Shorty Tent

Cheers,

Cool, I will check them out when I get out of work. I am not a very experienced grower but I do got couple years of hvac experience under my belt :).

I run RDWC, my suggestion is run your air pumps from outside of your tent, your water temps are a bit high (I believe anything over 72 degrees will cause you problems) I understand you don't have a water chiller but that's not your question in this thread but if you look on ebay, they sell 1/10 chillers for 120 bucks that would bring down your temps for the small system you have going. But I run my room at 79 during lights on and not sure what it is during lights off, I'm sure it's within a few degrees.

Just FYI, my roots aren't white, never seen them white cept for when they first starting growing tap roots, my roots are as brown as coffee and I believe I have an ideal set up for a good environment, so I worried less about the color of my roots, only thing I did was smell to the roots to see it had a stink or else I wasn't going to worry about it anymore. Here's what my plants look like with brown roots.

These are 2 plants. both over 7 ft tall.
IMG_48557.JPG

78 room temp
64 water temp
5.8-6.1 PH

Just FYI, my roots aren't white, never seen them white cept for when they first starting growing tap roots, my roots are as brown as coffee and I believe I have an ideal set up for a good environment, so I worried less about the color of my roots, only thing I did was smell to the roots to see it had a stink or else I wasn't going to worry about it anymore. Here's what my plants look like with brown roots.

These are 2 plants. both over 7 ft tall.
IMG_48557.JPG

78 room temp
64 water temp
5.8-6.1 PH
lovely looking plants :). Your roots are probably stained do to nutrients. So yea like you said as long as you don't got slime or a bad smell your good to go.

Looking alot better, the only other option you have to help keep the temp down would be frozen water bottles.

Hey guys although temps range from 75F-84F - 88F (max max super hot day heat) I have been putting one or two 1 Liter frozen bottles per bucket, I put 2 in each bucket around 10 hours ago and water temps are still 68.5-70F ! Freaking great! Insulation is working well!

Im not going to add more bottles until I reach 24 hours or close enough to see how long it keeps the water temps cooler. Just for my reference to rotate bottles. Meaning will I have to 2 add bottles every 12 hours or 1 bottle every 12 hours or 2 bottles every 24 hours.

If plants show no problems with these high tent temps then great! If not then Im thinking of adding the portable AC and running it for 7-8 hours a day with and auto shutoff timer if plants still show problems.

The roted plants are showing I think signs of getting better but I think they still may have a bit of rot, im not 100% or maybe im just paranoid! LOL

IMG_92642.JPG

IMG_92631.JPG

IMG_92622.JPG

IMG_92611.JPG

IMG_92601.JPG

IMG_9259.JPG

Cheers!

Awesome, looking great. It looks like they are starting to come back. Just keep up the good work, they will continue to get better.

Awesome, looking great. It looks like they are starting to come back. Just keep up the good work, they will continue to get better.

so as reference after 21 hours after adding 2x 1 Liter bottles the temps where 73F - 74F more less on all buckets. I don't think the temp will drastically change at the 24 hour mark. So basically I need to add 2 1Liter bottles every 24 hours to keep the water bucket temps between 67F - 74F.

Im testing to see if I can make it easier with 2Liter bottles instead of 1L. I assume it should have a similar effect as the 2 1Liter bottles.

I think 1 plant is still having a bit of rot, one of my bubblelicious clones. ill keep an eye on her though!

Cheers!

so as reference after 21 hours after adding 2x 1 Liter bottles the temps where 73F - 74F more less on all buckets. I don't think the temp will drastically change at the 24 hour mark. So basically I need to add 2 1Liter bottles every 24 hours to keep the water bucket temps between 67F - 74F.

Im testing to see if I can make it easier with 2Liter bottles instead of 1L. I assume it should have a similar effect as the 2 1Liter bottles.

I think 1 plant is still having a bit of rot, one of my bubblelicious clones. ill keep an eye on her though!

Cheers!

I am using a soda cooler for two plants, it's working really well for me. My temps peak at about 84 during mid day and my water temps down go over 69. I use two frozen 16.9 ounce water to chill the water. Once a day I put the frozen water bottles in the res till they melt, which is about an hour then I remove them. That will normally brings down my temps to about 64 degrees and it will take about 24 hours b4 my temps hit 69. Here are some pics, don't pay attention to the ph level, it needs to be calibrate again :(.
20160222_084922.jpg
20160222_084630.jpg

I am using a soda cooler for two plants, it's working really well for me. My temps peak at about 84 during mid day and my water temps down go over 69. I use two frozen 16.9 ounce water to chill the water. Once a day I put the frozen water bottles in the res till they melt, which is about an hour then I remove them. That will normally brings down my temps to about 64 degrees and it will take about 24 hours b4 my temps hit 69. Here are some pics, don't pay attention to the ph level, it needs to be calibrate again :(.
20160222_084922.jpg
20160222_084630.jpg

Cool ! What are all the cups for ? Humidity ?

Yeah I assume the cooler is better insulated but man sure don't want to spend more cash and more work cutting the cooler etc..

Im crossing my fingers my I can control the problem I have now.

Cheers and good luck!

Cool ! What are all the cups for ? Humidity ?

Yeah I assume the cooler is better insulated but man sure don't want to spend more cash and more work cutting the cooler etc..

Im crossing my fingers my I can control the problem I have now.

Cheers and good luck!
Haha, yea for humidity.

Technically it would be cooler since there's water in the air. But the humidity would only be great for veg stage cause you don't want too much humidity during flower cause it'll cause the buds to mold.

Sent from my iPhone using 420

Back
Top Bottom