lisianthus flowers

Anybody else grow these hard to grow plants . They look like a cross between a rose & tulip
Really hard to grow from seed & take 6 month to bloom
If you are up for a challenge these are it

Just checked them out, they look pretty cool, but would not do well in my soil. For about 20 years I grew orchids, about 7-8 different kinds, Catleya's, Phalaenopsis, Dendrobium, Reed Orchids (sp), Cymbidiums, Stanhopea, Masdevalla, and Miltonia. The two tricky ones were Stanhopea and Masdevalla. You had to grow Stanhopea in a moss basket because the flower grew out the bottom of the pot (epiphyte that grows in trees in the wild).

Just checked them out, they look pretty cool, but would not do well in my soil. For about 20 years I grew orchids, about 7-8 different kinds, Catleya's, Phalaenopsis, Dendrobium, Reed Orchids (sp), Cymbidiums, Stanhopea, Masdevalla, and Miltonia. The two tricky ones were Stanhopea and Masdevalla. You had to grow Stanhopea in a moss basket because the flower grew out the bottom of the pot (epiphyte that grows in trees in the wild).
You can grow them in pots. They would not grow in my soil, need well draining fertile soil
here's some I grew

lizzy.jpg

lizzy_1.jpg

Wow!, Really nice. Those are great, my wife would like those! Hope she doesn’t see this or I’ll be buying more pots! Gonna have to put and addition on the porch pretty soon, to handle all the flowers.
Thanks, they are the Cadillac of cut flowers mostly used for weddings

You had to tell me they keep well, crud, off to the internet! (LOL)
The plant in the picture is called forever blue. When first blooming they are dark blue purple than fade to purple
Oh & since you are in cali you should amend your soil & plant some in the ground seeing as they are perennial

I like that one, also looking at one called black pearl.
If your ordering seeds check out this ,Brazilian fireworks. I'm sure your wife would love you for it
Love how it stacks similar to cannabis & then you get fireworks also :yahoo:
It is a perennial also, got to watch out as it can spit it's seeds 6 feet away

IMG_0182.JPG

IMG_0183.JPG

Back
Top Bottom