LMAO Cloning For Dummies

Because I am growing in soil and a heavier, more dense medium I use the perlite at about a 25% rate. This helps the soil/medium drain more effectively and also provides more air pockets for roots. Perlite retains a little moisture on it's surface, but not inside. Vermiculite is better suited in mediums that hold very little to now water like coco.

I would rather water more often then risk root rot from trapped water.

I use sunshine mix #4 so I don't know exactly how much perlite is in it. But I will say it's more than I ever used before. I have no complaints so far. I was just using whatever soil was on sale locally. But since a hydro store opened close to me I stepped up my game this year. I am also going with general organics . so far I am seeing much better results then I'm used to. I always had good grows but this way is definitely faster. I'm happy. It took me a little bit to get on to the g o ferts because of bad advice from a person from the hydro store but when I started to go by my institution everything started to flourish.

Yea the soil I was using...mom is still in it...I got free from a friend and thought it would be good but it has no breakdown of what's in it...the people at the place that makes it couldn't even tell me the npk of it...so i think that's some of my problems cause no matter what I do I get nute burn and what looks like deficiencies ...so hopefully I can get back on track now with different soil...once I get things dialed in I can look for better soil

My adopted baby has rooted!!!!!!
420-magazine-mobile314314713.jpg

Took 6 days

I know you will anyway, but be patient and wait till you see half a dozen roots like that one and then get it transplanted into a 2 gallon or larger pot.

This is how I do my soil/medium with the perlite. As you mentioned I mix it up in a big tote. I use a 1 gallon pot to measure. I put 6 gallon pots of soil/medium spread it out evenly and then (with a dust mask on) pour 2 gallon pots of perlite on top and spread it out. I then very very thoroughly mix it by hand. When I plant a seedling, clone, or transplant into a pot I fill it up with the perlite mix leaving about 1 1/2" open on top. This last inch I fill with soil/medium without the extra perlite.

I picked up 8 used pots from the nursery when I went to town...I believe they are 3 gal ...was gonna transplant to those and then finish off with 5 gal...I've been told to go bigger...1gal for every month in flower...but I don't know how much room I have at the moment trying to stuff like 8 5gal buckets in that room idk

I will write that down...is perlite dusty or something...why the need for mask...any hazards I should be aware of?
Perlite is made from volcanic rock that is super heated. It doesn't by itself cause problems.
Vermiculite on the other hand used to be extracted from asbestos mines! But that was years ago. So I think people just don't want to take any chances.
But in any dusty conditions you should protect your lungs. And we all know how dusty dried soil can be.

Just a quick technical question. I am using tap talk for this site but I can't figure out how to do the private message thing. Is it because of the tap talk app?

No idea bro maybe post on ask us anything forum great group of talent and knowledge there man sorry no expierence do not that guy you knwo.

Speaking of volcanic rock has anybody ever tried using volcanic ash it is high and almost all trace minerals and can be dissolved into water or into your soil

It's 420 app that they have you can get it free in the App Store it's what I use on my phone and my tablet to answer questions I have no issues using the app make sending pictures and updates very easy 420 Magazine app

It's 420 app that they have you can get it free in the App Store it's what I use on my phone and my tablet to answer questions I have no issues using the app make sending pictures and updates very easy 420 Magazine app

Oh I have app I use on my eye phone lol

Back
Top Bottom