Lollipoping

This is a case of a bit of researching using the search function could come in handy. I used just the word:
lollipop
and there are several threads on this.

Some people consider any sort of trimming or removing lower growth to be lollipopping.

Some people will claim that lollipopping is a specific way of trimming the bottom growth to push plant growth towards the top. At the same time they are trimming some of the top growth to get the plant to produce more small branches that will produce flower buds when the time comes.

To me, a true lollipop is a ball of growth at the top and a bare stem up to it. Lollipop tops make for some really nice looking outdoor plants. The taller the plant and the bigger the lollipop ball the more impressive. I remember seeing photos of 6 to 7 foot plants with a lollipop ball that would be about 4 foot across, looking just like a lollipop candy sucker. Couple of years ago a buddy had about 7 plants and he and his friend partnered up on. They kept them at 5 foot high with the tops being perfect balls about 2 1/2 foot across. Buds coming out all over the balls except for the bottom or underneath section.

True lollipoping is to b done as the grow progresses thru out veg and stretch remove any unwanted
branches that don’t receive as much light, and remove all leaves and branches from the bottom third of plant that’s how I have done this in past grows.
28B2ADFA-5E35-4045-A315-E85916E5C13A.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom