Lollipopping?

AmGrowR

I was wondering opinions on lollipopping a plant.
Is it beneficial or recommended at all? Maybe for someone with not alot room to grow?

A perfect example, courtesy of PitViper, of lollipopping. (lemon haze)
11_12_11.jpg

If you do not have side lighting, "lollipopping" is almost a must.
It is also called "limbing". I remove the bottom third of plants too. :peace:

But you know what People...I like the Popcorn Buds The Lower Branches produce.
For sampling, Smokin' first saving Colas for Special Occasions. What you gain lollipoping, Is the popcorn buds you cut....Yes? :hmmmm: Your Thoughts?

But You what people... I like the Popcorn Buds The Lower Branches produce.
For sampling, Smokin' first saving Colas for Special Occasions. What you gain lollipoping, Is the popcorn buds you cut....Yes? :hmmmm: Your Thoughts?

Yes, good point. You always seem to have a good point that goes a different direction. I like that. These lower buds are also great for making a few seeds for future fun. :peace:

I thought I had lollipoped, but let them veg a little too long to really have just a few main branches. I will definitely have tons of popcorn... hash and cannabutter material for sure.

Info I came across...

Lollypopping is the technique of trimming-up the lowest branches to give yourself good access for watering and to keep a nice air-gap between the soil and your lowest leaves. These lower branches never get enough light to fully bud and deplete the rest of your plant's resources if not removed. These lower branches, when removed while still in the vegetative state, make excellent clone donors. They are the oldest part of the plant and have the most hormone buildup and will root quickly. Check them over well and make sure they aren't infected with thrips or spider mites by giving the fresh cuttings a quick neem oil dip, or H2O2 and water. If every plant lollypopped yields just one clone, you will have a perpetual crop with no need for mothers. This will free up space and prevent bug problems that come whenever anything sits in the same room for more than a month (like mother plants). Lollypopping ultimately gives the remaining buds more girth and fuller "lollypop" appearance when finished flowering. Lollypopping is a must, this you can trust, much better than having your buds in the dust. ;)
:rollit:

... Was the last bit of poetic prose a liberal handful of poetic licensing by TheWeed, or does he sound like Cat in the Hat when I'm high? Heh.

I prefer to just keep those lower buds close to the light by LSTing the plant. You get good sized flowers on the lower branches that way. Those bottom nugs mature at the same time as the top colas this way too.

I have lollipopped as well and in a side by side comparison the benefits of LST far outweigh the benefits of lollipopping IMO.

I lollipop to an extent... I remove most of the plant material before flowering, but leave most of what grows, after the 12/12 flip.... It seems sometimes those little tiny underbranches can really stretch up during flower and give you some nice buds, if they can get up to the light....

I like having the smaller popcorn nugs and branches because I will cut all the large cola's off, and then let the small's go for another 2-3 weeks to fatten up...man that 2nd harvest tastes soo much better in my opinion...

The mild lollipop, especially for a scrog, makes for a nice clean undercanopy that lets air freely flow thru reducing pests and mold as well...

I never do journals if I do a grow, but I do take pictures from time to time if there is something I feel is worth sharing.

I have come to prefer to lollipop my plants. I don't like spending my time having to trim small buds that would form below my larger ones.

I go for quality of buds, instead of possibly a larger quantity of buds but due to popcorn size buds included with the better large cola buds.

Some people I am sure have no problem with going for quantity, I just have other interests instead of getting as large a yield as possible.

This is my sour diesel for an example of "lollipopping" (the way I have come to do it anyways). It's probably around 60 days or so into flower, though I would have to look at my calender to be sure.
DSC022763.JPG
DSC022733.JPG
DSC022744.JPG
DSC022755.JPG

Back
Top Bottom