Lollipopping?

Info I came across...

Lollypopping is the technique of trimming-up the lowest branches to give yourself good access for watering and to keep a nice air-gap between the soil and your lowest leaves. These lower branches never get enough light to fully bud and deplete the rest of your plant's resources if not removed. These lower branches, when removed while still in the vegetative state, make excellent clone donors. They are the oldest part of the plant and have the most hormone buildup and will root quickly. Check them over well and make sure they aren't infected with thrips or spider mites by giving the fresh cuttings a quick neem oil dip, or H2O2 and water. If every plant lollypopped yields just one clone, you will have a perpetual crop with no need for mothers. This will free up space and prevent bug problems that come whenever anything sits in the same room for more than a month (like mother plants). Lollypopping ultimately gives the remaining buds more girth and fuller "lollypop" appearance when finished flowering. Lollypopping is a must, this you can trust, much better than having your buds in the dust. ;)
:rollit:

what is the ratio for the H2O2 to water for cloning?

Guys, ( new dumb guy here )Would it be way out of line to start a lolipop 3 weeks into flower? Or no pruning in flower stage? Growing WW and it was topped early in it's life. Very very bushy. Also do you smoke the leaves at harvest or discard? Thanks.

Guys, ( new dumb guy here )Would it be way out of line to start a lolipop 3 weeks into flower? Or no pruning in flower stage? Growing WW and it was topped early in it's life. Very very bushy. Also do you smoke the leaves at harvest or discard? Thanks.

Welcome Heart to 420magazine, glad you found us. I don't think it would be out of the way to prune your plant. I see lots of people on here do it. I have even done it usually so that light can reach the inside or center of my plant. I think people keep the leaves if they're going to make hash or edibles but don't hold me to that.

Thank You kindly..I was just curious about it being i'm 3 wks into flower. Got her this far don't want to make the lady Mad.

No problem, feel free to ask questions. If I know the answer I will will respond, if I don't then I will at least try to find someone who does.

Can't thank you enough.. I also have 2 = 10 day old clones from my WW girl. I plan to plant outdoors. they will likely be pollinated by ditch weed. Do you think the seeds at harvest will be worth messing with ? ( I know i am srcrewing up this thread and will post no more until my next grow.)
Thanks again.!!!

Blue_Dream22.jpg

Lollipopped Blue Dream... well mostly LP'd anyway (also topped & partially LST'd), I left a couple of branches in the bottom area for my sample colas come pre-harvest, you can't really see the bottom I know but it's just below the bottom frame of the pic. She seems happy & healthy with about 2.5 more weeks to go, plenty more time to fatten up. :)

How late in the game can one"lollipop"? Ii just switched my girl ladies to 12/12 eight days ago, I was debating about doing it before I switched but didn't. Is it too L8 now?

Thank you KJC. I was also wondering if all strains respond they same to the 12/12 cycle. I mean like where I live even in the dead of summer where I live we only get 12 hrs of daylight. So if a strain is raised in that environment for several yrs. and then plants are grown from seeds of those plants has the strain became genetically modified to only requiring 12 hrs. of light to stay in veg. And thus require a shorter light cycle to flower?

All photoperiod cannabis plants will flower under 12/12 12 hours of light and 12 hours of darkness. The only exception to this rule are auto flowering cannabis plants with Cannabis Ruderalis genetics that will flower regardless of light cycle.

My plant was already stretchy when I got her,you could say I did lollipopping,the two branches I took off had a bud site,they weren't getting much light so I snipped the two to clone them out,here is a pick of my girl under a 1000w hps just for a week
20151225_061716.jpg

The "lollipop" idea makes sense to me, but I'm growing auto-flowers...would it still be beneficial?

Thanks for letting me tap the collective wisdom here!

Auto's are a little fussy about pruning.They can stunt and or hermie if you mess with them much including nutes. They normally don't get very tall so getting light to the lower branches is rarely an issue. They tend to shoot out pretty good from below. I'm not sure you would gain much yield by messing with this. For Photoperiod plants that can get huge, By all means do what you will, They seem to be fine with taking clones and all of the various methods of gaining yield. If someone has had luck with super crop,LST,Loli etc I'd like to see some pics. Good Luck !

Thank you HeartWW, This is my 1st grow so I think I'll leave well enough alone. (If it ain't broke don't fix it.) I'll wait for my next plant which I plan on being a photoperiod.

Back
Top Bottom